Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coffee & Chocolate in suitcases??

Coffee & Chocolate in suitcases??

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default Coffee & Chocolate in suitcases??

I'll probably get slated for asking such a question but...................

I'd like to take a jar of coffee & some chocolate in my suitcase to tide us over the first few days (OH & kids mainly!) Will it be ok if i declare it and go thru the something to declare channel??

Call me daft but after watching tv progs on Oz Airports i'm not sure if we can??

Please can someone help?
Ta Mo x
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coffee & Chocolate in suitcases??

Originally Posted by mo33

I'd like to take a jar of coffee & some chocolate in my suitcase to tide us over the first few days (OH & kids mainly!) Will it be ok if i declare it and go thru the something to declare channel??

Call me daft but after watching tv progs on Oz Airports i'm not sure if we can??

Please can someone help?
Ta Mo x
you should be fine.Important thing is to declare it.Just dont bring any milk to go with the coffee.You can get that at the airport.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Thank you Irishbloo!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup definitely sign on the card that you have food and you will be fine! You only get into trouble if you fail to sign that you have food - and they definitely include chocolate in the food group (see, I knew it was one of the major food groups!). The only problem I could see was if you were bringing in unroasted coffee beans and then they may get a bit anxious.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

OzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant future

Please can someone help?
Ta Mo x
We do have shops here
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzyLee
We do have shops here
we dont have tescos though.... or next....

ok. i'll put my wooden spoon away now
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:48 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mo33;6742216]I'll probably get slated for asking such a question but...................

I'd like to take a jar of coffee & some chocolate in my suitcase to tide us over the first few days (OH & kids mainly!)

Where are you going - Outer Mongolia??

There are huge supermarkets and many, many little supermarkets everywhere, why would you want to take coffee & chocolate
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ray2gill;6742746]

I'd like to take a jar of coffee & some chocolate in my suitcase to tide us over the first few days (OH & kids mainly!)

Where are you going - Outer Mongolia??

There are huge supermarkets and many, many little supermarkets everywhere, why would you want to take coffee & chocolate
Because the chocolate is different, maybe - ever heard of familiarity and the appeal of comfort food

To the OP - bring it, declare it, you'll be fine
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Agree with the others - bring it and just declare it on the form and declare it when you come through border security.

As for those wondering why anyone would bring chocolate or coffee? I wish I had brought chocolate with me when I first came out here as it took me 3 weeks to find a "British" shop to get my "fix" of English Cadburys LOL (even tried the Irish stuff but didn't like it LOL).
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:05 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can someone help?
Ta Mo x
You should be okay as long as you wrap them in bags of cocaine to put the sniffer dogs off the scent.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You should be okay as long as you wrap them in bags of cocaine to put the sniffer dogs off the scent.
Thats hilarious !!

A x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:54 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

bring em and bring me some too
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:48 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I wouldn't put it in my suitcase. If it's 'safe' to take in your carry-on luggage it would be much easier.

You are going to have to show it to customs when you arrive, and there's nothing worse than digging around in your suitcase for stuff when you're at the luggage carousel. Especially as in Australian airports they have sniffer dogs everywhere you turn - you're not going to want a dog going through your underwear or something.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH
I wouldn't put it in my suitcase. If it's 'safe' to take in your carry-on luggage it would be much easier.

You are going to have to show it to customs when you arrive, and there's nothing worse than digging around in your suitcase for stuff when you're at the luggage carousel. Especially as in Australian airports they have sniffer dogs everywhere you turn - you're not going to want a dog going through your underwear or something.
You will probably not have to show it to customs - tell them its coffee and chocloate and they'll let it through, they are used to it. In 12 round trips the only thing they've looked at is my flying saucer sweets. If can go in either bag, just remember which one its in, but they are highly unlikely to ask for a viewing
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:37 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

yeah bring a suitcase of dairy milk it doesnt taste the same here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.