A coffee & advice?

Wikiposts

A coffee & advice?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

The williamsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking A coffee & advice?

Hi all,

Im new to this site as you can probably guess. We arrived here in Sydney on 2nd Jan 08.

My husband has been working now for last two weeks and without transport me and my 3 year old son have done as much sight seeing and shopping the last two weeks to last us a lifetime!

My son is starting to get fed up of seeing my miserable face, but unfortunately he's not able to start pre-school yet. I am begining to really miss my friends and family back in yorkshire and finding life a bit difficult at moment. Eveytime Im out and about I seem to look for some English people, anyone to have a decent conversation with other than the bus driver on the way to the mall or my 3 year old who just looks at me blank!

Im sure you have all been through the emotions Im feeling right now and could really do with a bit of friendly advice. If ANY of you out there know of any local groups n the Baulkham Hills area (or surrounding suburbs) or woud like to meet up for a coffee on one of my usual day trips out - please let me know.

Best regards

Rebecca
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: A coffee & advice?

The first few weeks can feel awful & lonely Rebecca.Don`t worry you will meet people esp as you have a little one.They are great ice breakers.There is a friendly bunch of ex-pat ladies who meet at Castle Hill RSL on Tuesdays. Look at Castle Hill RSL links.I`m sure one of them would offer you a lift as you are not far from Castle hill.Wait for some of them to read this thread............. and I`m sure things will start to look up.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A coffee & advice?

Hi Rebecca,

I have just rambled on to you on the Castle Hill RSL thread..... but that's all about Tuesday's, which is a long time to wait if you couldn't make it today.

I will definitely have a day free before this weekend and would be pleased to meet you and M for a coffee. My lad is 14months.

I will PM you with some details later this evening.

- holmes
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:15 am
Just Joined

marniemoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The williamsons
Hi all,

Im new to this site as you can probably guess. We arrived here in Sydney on 2nd Jan 08.

My husband has been working now for last two weeks and without transport me and my 3 year old son have done as much sight seeing and shopping the last two weeks to last us a lifetime!

My son is starting to get fed up of seeing my miserable face, but unfortunately he's not able to start pre-school yet. I am begining to really miss my friends and family back in yorkshire and finding life a bit difficult at moment. Eveytime Im out and about I seem to look for some English people, anyone to have a decent conversation with other than the bus driver on the way to the mall or my 3 year old who just looks at me blank!

Im sure you have all been through the emotions Im feeling right now and could really do with a bit of friendly advice. If ANY of you out there know of any local groups n the Baulkham Hills area (or surrounding suburbs) or woud like to meet up for a coffee on one of my usual day trips out - please let me know.

Best regards

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca,
We mo ved to Sydney last week. I have two yound hildren and I'm stuck at home all day. I'm homesick and would love to meet up. We live in St.Peters inner west of Sydney. I'm sure bewteen us we could arrange to meet up. What do you think?
look forward to hearing from you.
marnie
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:17 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Hi Rebecca

My hubby 2 girls (13 & 10) have been here for almost 4 months now and it can be lonely at times without the friends and family that your used to, you just have to get used to going on msn at stupid hours of the day LOL. My Mum came out in December for 5 weeks and most of my energy and time had gone into that so now she has gone I am feeling it. I have been to the rsl a few times but not managed to get to a FTC meet yet but I plan to. I shall pm you my details if you like so you can give me a call for a chat if you get lonely.
Take care
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Mick in Sydney is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a really similar hard time in our first year here. It does get better, believe me - I can't believe the things we put up with those first few weeks in Sydney.

Anyway, if you want to meet up with some other Yorkshire folk, come down to the Harbour View Hotel at the Rocks on Australia Day (Saturday) from noon onwards, where a few of us from another forum (Poms in Oz) will be meeting up. They have a sausage sizzle going on and it's child friendly kind of bar .... with space for kids to run around.

cheers

Michael from Leeds

PS To aid recognition I'll be wearing an Akubra

Last edited by Mick in Sydney; Jan 23rd 2008 at 10:56 pm.