Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CO wants Police checks

CO wants Police checks

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light
Default CO wants Police checks

Hey everyone
Our case officer has requested Police checks I wondered if anyone had a link where we can get them electronically. Have asked at our local police station but they really don't seem to know what they are doing
Any help would be great
(we are in Lancashire by the way)
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:58 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO wants Police checks

Originally Posted by stardust
Hey everyone
Our case officer has requested Police checks I wondered if anyone had a link where we can get them electronically. Have asked at our local police station but they really don't seem to know what they are doing
Any help would be great

....I not sure that this is possible. We needed to send away to the Met with a £10 cheque each and waited 8 weeks to get them back. OH South African checks came back in half the time!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone
Any help would be great
Are you needing Greater Manchester??? if so here is the link:

http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pa...jectaccess.htm

click on the subject access form - its a pdf
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

or the lancashire police link is here:

http://www.lancashire.police.uk/index.php?id=507

dont forget to click on the subject access form.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Stardust

We are in Greater Manchester Police area and they have a "subject access form" on their website that you complete. It costs £10.00 and it takes up to 40 days as it goes to New Scotland Yard. You only need to complete certain sections (make sure you tick manual information and computer info on the PNC Conviction history question if appropriate.) Apparently you need to complete it in the police area where you reside.

Go on to Lancashire police website and in the "search" section, enter "subject access" and then click GO. It will bring you to a page, the 3rd section states "how to obtain information" - click on this. This page brings you to how to do it. Click on the blue writing "Subject access requests" and then onto "download form" You should be ok from there. There is a telephone on the previous page for the data protection officer, phone this after downloading the form and ask them how to fill it in (it is different from the GMP one I completed). They should be helpful and know what to do when you mention australia and police check.
You should then be able to take it to you nearest nick and the civilian staff will know as they have done 1000's. Ask them nicely to copy your form so you have a copy for your filework. Also get a receipt and send it to your c/o by scanning and emailing or to your migration company.

Hope this helps and I havent taught you how to suck eggs!!

Anything else, just pm. me Good luck. :scared:

Watty'n'arls
x
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light

That has been a brilliant help
I love this site it makes my life so much easier
Hopefully get this moving and get away from the dark winter which is defo drawing in now
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

That has been a brilliant help
I love this site it makes my life so much easier
Hopefully get this moving and get away from the dark winter which is defo drawing in now
thats a bit of a kick in the teeth stardust...i only did what you could of done. I thought you couldnt find it, not that you hadnt bothered.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:42 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
thats a bit of a kick in the teeth stardust...i only did what you could of done. I thought you couldnt find it, not that you hadnt bothered.

? me no understand ?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busterboy
? me no understand ?
what dont you understand????
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:46 pm
A rather curious boy

what dont you understand????

that you thought that stardust had kicked you in the teeth....I didn't read it that way
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

....I not sure that this is possible. We needed to send away to the Met with a £10 cheque each and waited 8 weeks to get them back. OH South African checks came back in half the time!
Hello
Could you post the link for the South African checks please. we need them as we lived in SA for 15 years. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

that you thought that stardust had kicked you in the teeth....I didn't read it that way
LOL...no its just that its nice to help someone when they have tried themselves first...not be lazy sit back and let others provide information like stardust has. They are the ones people dont like to help on here.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:51 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Louise M
Hello
Could you post the link for the South African checks please. we need them as we lived in SA for 15 years. Thanks in advance.

We went through a company because my husband would have had to sent documentation by courier and it wasn't likely to a)be returned b)returned in time.

Company we used was called something like dkp investigations, run by SAs in the UK, they were directly recommended by the SA Commission/Embassy, they have someone wait with your documentation!

OH contacted SA commission first, they sent him a form, he then had to be finger printed by a UK police station and then sent stuff off to Joburg via dkp....service cost £140 but worth it. I know loads of people whose documentation gets lost when it goes to SA.

Maybe you should PM Amazulu and ask how they did it too.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:53 pm
A rather curious boy

LOL...no its just that its nice to help someone when they have tried themselves first...not be lazy sit back and let others provide information like stardust has. They are the ones people dont like to help on here.
Obviously not being that type (self righteous and perfect me)!! didn't think anyone would be that lazy!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Obviously not being that type (self righteous and perfect me)!! didn't think anyone would be that lazy!
me neither. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.