Clothes Woes

Old Jan 5th 2005, 7:45 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clothes Woes

Cheers guys for your replies.
However...Unbelievably, the toploader has topped itself! Went to do a small
wash this afternoon and the things as dead as a dodo.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Talk about Karma...

Anyway,going to stay calm and take a few deep breaths
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:21 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I bought one of these babies
LG 10KG front loading washing machine

The number of loads is almost reduced by half - brilliant! It cost me an arm & a leg but its absolutely the best household appliance I have ever bought.

Edit - :scared: I just saw the price they are quoting as RRP when I scrolled down, I didnt pay anything near that much for mine

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jan 5th 2005 at 8:25 am. Reason: Add the bit about the price
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

great - so it isnt just me continously whinging about that f%*#ing toploader.
been trying to convince the man that my frontloader NEVER ate my underwear and didnt leave all my black shirts and knickers looking all grey and fluffy...

anyone out there with any advice on how to 'kill' it - so i can get a frontloader and walk around in clothes that feel clean again?

tanja
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Sorry John, got no tips for you except hang your clothes out inside out and that might help a bit with the fading - that is what I always did previously when I lived on the med.
Coupled with not leaving all of your black work uniform on the line when you go for a weeks hols to sydney Its now all brown and I didn't realise till late last night when hunting for said articles and found them, on the line I looked cracking for work today. My boss asked me if i needed an advance to get new stuff

Last edited by hevs; Jan 5th 2005 at 9:04 am.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:04 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sunny side up
been trying to convince the man that my frontloader NEVER ate my underwear and didnt leave all my black shirts and knickers looking all grey and fluffy...

anyone out there with any advice on how to 'kill' it - so i can get a frontloader and walk around in clothes that feel clean again?

tanja
Try polymerized glucose underware.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i cant understand what all the fuss is about. we have a top loader. i just take my gear off, throw it on the floor next to my bed and it appeard all neat, tidy and clean a few days later. u lot must be doing something wrong.
oh and my machine also has a special function. put in a shirt and it turns it into a t-shirt by the summer
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:00 am
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Cheers guys for your replies.
However...Unbelievably, the toploader has topped itself! Went to do a small
wash this afternoon and the things as dead as a dodo.

Talk about Karma...

Anyway,going to stay calm and take a few deep breaths

Oh dear.....but I'm really not chuckling!!!

Rudi

Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
Oh dear.....but I'm really not chuckling!!!

Rudi
Fixed it!
Kim not happy but it saves a few hassles

On a more serious level - getting back to the pegs...
my wife has just informed me this minute that only the BLUE plastic pegs seem to snap in the heat and that the red and green ones survive! You know when the penny suddenly drops? Mowing the lawn regularly, it's always the BLUE plastic pegs on the lawn - the ones that attack me with ferocious venom.Any scientists in the house as this is the honest truth?!

Thanks in advance
John(and Kim as she had some input to this post too!)
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Fixed it!
Kim not happy but it saves a few hassles

On a more serious level - getting back to the pegs...
my wife has just informed me this minute that only the BLUE plastic pegs seem to snap in the heat and that the red and green ones survive! You know when the penny suddenly drops? Mowing the lawn regularly, it's always the BLUE plastic pegs on the lawn - the ones that attack me with ferocious venom.Any scientists in the house as this is the honest truth?!

Thanks in advance
John(and Kim as she had some input to this post too!)
well, its yellow ones that i find. maybe we dont own blue ones. hmmmm ill need to ask
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
well, its yellow ones that i find. maybe we dont own blue ones. hmmmm ill need to ask
It's safe to say you don't own the blue ones
People may think I'm talking rubbish here but honest to God it's the truth!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny side up

tanja
Erm... put it outside when they do the white goods collection down your way, then tell him that someone on Expats told you to do it
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

It's safe to say you don't own the blue ones
People may think I'm talking rubbish here but honest to God it's the truth!
so we should make a list of bad to good
1) blue
2) yellow
3)????
you can fill the rest
i havent a clue what im talking about, as per usual
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

No vote required
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
No vote required
just as well. it would have been all one sided
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:38 pm

so we should make a list of bad to good
1) blue
2) yellow
3)????
you can fill the rest
You would have to ask the wife - she's the pegger!
Actually she's butting in again - apparently we only have blue, red and green!!!
Blue is the worst and both red and green are fine!

There is something in this and its doing my head in now. Ok, they're the cheapest nasty plastic pegs available to humanity but it's only the blue ones that drop! :scared:

I'm not drunk by the way, ask around on the forum and the truth will out re the sadistic blue pegs(the work shy ones!)!

What is this all about? Anyway, off to bed now to contemplate.
Grayling - I can hear you cutting and pasting from here! sssshhhh!
Off to bed now. Sleep tight and don't let the blue pegs bite!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.