Reload this Page >

Clothes Shopping in Australia

Clothes Shopping in Australia

Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clothes Shopping in Australia

Hi Guys

Another shopping question but is there a store in Oz (with a branch in Cairns) that is the equivalent to M&S for good quality clothes at good prices?

Many thanks

Cheers

Dom
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default Re: Clothes Shopping in Australia

Good clothes shops in Oz,u must b joking..have u seen the way they dress!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noggin
Good clothes shops in Oz,u must b joking..have u seen the way they dress!!
But the guys in Home & Away wear lovely clothes The girls do anyway
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

i looked every were for decent clothes and tbh and imho it seems more of a attitude of if its comfy and looks ok it will do!!

forget brands lol
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Cairns is quite casual and it needs to be as its so hot and humid you need to change all day, we visited last August and it was humid then in the winter.

As others have said most people wear casual clothes here only dress up for work (depending on where they work) or special occasions. Jeans, teashirts, shorts, in the summer.

People dress up more in Melbourne because its colder in the winter.

I can't remember but I am sure the shopping centres will have Target and BigW or Kmart which usually have cheaper casual clothes.

Love the night markets in Cairns.'
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:16 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gerry
i looked every were for decent clothes and tbh and imho it seems more of a attitude of if its comfy and looks ok it will do!!
If it's comfy and looks o.k. - that's all I need. What else do you need???

Originally Posted by gerry
forget brands lol
Who needs brands? Just means paying extra for a "name".

Gina
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Margaret

I can't remember but I am sure the shopping centres will have Target and BigW or Kmart which usually have cheaper casual clothes.
Not quite M&S though.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
If it's comfy and looks o.k. - that's all I need. What else do you need???

Who needs brands? Just means paying extra for a "name".

Gina
Absolutely

Target is always pretty good for clothes and they often have 20% off days
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

my favourite has to be sportsgirl and i have to be honest i prefer summer clothes to winter anyway, so when we moved to oz i was in my element, but i have never struggled to shop in australia much to my husbands horror
Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

If you’re a girl you shouldn’t have a problem (chicks clothes are everywhere), being a guy it’s a nightmare to find clothes.

All clothes here (from cheapest stores to expensive stores) look crap!. They look like they are trying to be stylish but instead end up looking like something from the 80’s – and obviously designed by someone who was colour blind!

And for some reason they all seem to only come in XXL, XXXL and XXXXXL (yes, I seen one with 6 X’s), not good when you’re and “M” like me!

And don’t get me started on shoes!

Mikey
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough

Maybe best to stock up at M&S before you come...........especially if you can catch a sale before you head out. We go back to UK most Christmases to catch up with family and and fill up the suitcases !
It's cheaper for us to fly back to KL with empty suitcases than to shop in Perth !. You may find the quality of clothes here isn't what your used to.
Bring as much as you can cos theres no M&S in Oz...........nearest is in Singapore and KL...........great but small branches.
All the very best,
S
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharie
Maybe best to stock up at M&S before you come...........especially if you can catch a sale before you head out. We go back to UK most Christmases to catch up with family and and fill up the suitcases !
It's cheaper for us to fly back to KL with empty suitcases than to shop in Perth !. You may find the quality of clothes here isn't what your used to.
Bring as much as you can cos theres no M&S in Oz...........nearest is in Singapore and KL...........great but small branches.
All the very best,
S
Hasnt anyone heard of online shopping??
I live in the UK and buy all my clothes online from all countries around the world including OZ, i get great quality good brands and usually for a fraction of the price from high street shops!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Beppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really niceBeppe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mikeyc

And for some reason they all seem to only come in XXL, XXXL and XXXXXL (yes, I seen one with 6 X’s), not good when you’re and “M” like me!

Mikey
Ha Ha know what you’re saying, all my Oz relatives insist on bringing me piles of clothes as a gift whenever they come to the UK to visit.

I feel like a thirteen year old “gangsta from the hood” when I’m forced to show my gratitude by wearing them.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:17 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sharie
All the very best,
S
I've just got back from M&S - stocking up on undies before we go!

I've also heard you can't get Lillets in Oz either so I started bulk buying them as well - I guess a years supply will do, then I can get visitors to bring them!!

Mrs PHH
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and one more thing about clothes over here....

Flannel is still the new black!

Mikey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.