Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cleaning a dyson

cleaning a dyson

Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:41 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default cleaning a dyson

Our house sale should go through by end of march so i am starting to think about cleaning stuff for when the packers come. I have an animal dyson which has lifetime filters on it and i am not sure how i go about cleaning them, if i was to wash the bit that clips onto the disposal bin thing would i break it?

i need to dig out the manual i guess its one of those root cyclone thingy ma jigs too
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:42 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cleaning a dyson

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Our house sale should go through by end of march so i am starting to think about cleaning stuff for when the packers come. I have an animal dyson which has lifetime filters on it and i am not sure how i go about cleaning them, if i was to wash the bit that clips onto the disposal bin thing would i break it?

i need to dig out the manual i guess its one of those root cyclone thingy ma jigs too
can you replace the lifetime filter?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:50 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

erm.... i guess so ... good point.. will have a look on dyson website doh

Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:54 pm

erm.... i guess so ... good point.. will have a look on dyson website doh

http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/5.gif
i see you are enjoying the smileys
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:58 pm
looking for my marbles

oh yes thanks for that

Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:02 pm

Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:05 pm
looking for my marbles

just looked at dyson website and you can get lifetime filter for 12.50 and you can even replace the clyclone root thing for 29.50??? surely it just means the outercasing?? thats the bit i want to clean. Oh well i guess if i just clean it thoroughly and replace filter and keep reciept for it that will do. I love my dyson and there is no way im leaving it here
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:09 pm

just looked at dyson website and you can get lifetime filter for 12.50 and you can even replace the clyclone root thing for 29.50??? surely it just means the outercasing?? thats the bit i want to clean. Oh well i guess if i just clean it thoroughly and replace filter and keep reciept for it that will do. I love my dyson and there is no way im leaving it here
clean everything you can and replace the filters. buy some spares as well, like brushrolls and filters and belts and the hose itself now, to save you looking for them later in OZ.

I have a site already bookmarked in case i need replacement bits while out in OZ, but an bringing spares anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ozzieclare

My old Dyson use to have filters and having long hair cats was forever changing them but I found buying them from dysons was a lot dearer than a stall down the market. so maybe try a hoover bag shop or something.

I love my dyson but wish you didn't see all the crap that I hoover up ha ha.

Tina x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi Ozzieclare

My old Dyson use to have filters and having long hair cats was forever changing them but I found buying them from dysons was a lot dearer than a stall down the market. so maybe try a hoover bag shop or something.

I love my dyson but wish you didn't see all the crap that I hoover up ha ha.

Tina x
Amazon is a good place to start. thats where i go to look for my spare parts
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:16 pm
looking for my marbles

thanks sheff will think about doing that too

tina i have such a pitta brain today will have a look on Bury market i bet they sell them there too
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

We love our dyson too and if we were to only take one thing with us it would be that! Its bright pink and I love that you can see everything you suck up! So long as I don't see any massive spiders crawling around in there!

Thanks for the tip of buying replacement parts and getting new filters - what with everything else to plan I wouldn't have thought of it!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

DONT WASH cyclone root thing

I did that with my last one and it billixed my hoover up cause when you wash it the dirt stick's in the inside of the cyclone root thing and you cant get it out and you loose all the suction.

Maybe buy one of those brushes for cleaning baby bottles and just give it a good clean inside with.

Anyway thats my 2 cents of advice

Just thinking i should'nt know these things being a man
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would say don't even bring the Dyson at all. In the UK I was a Dyson lover, had 3 before I came out. I don't know whether it was just mine but it kept cutting out because it was overheating, it is rubbish on tiled and wood flooring and basically after only using it for about 10 months I bought a different hoover more suitable for tiling and wood.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

I wouldn't worry about stocking up on Dyson spares. There is a helpline in Australia based in Paramatta near Sydney. There is also an Australian official Dyson website.

If you want to take a Dyson over then you will need to replace quite a few parts, wouldn't reccomend cleaning the cyclone top as it will ruin it (but it will need to be spotless to get through customs). You'll need a new post and pre motor filter and possibly more which could be costly.

Probably better off buying a new refurbished vacuum cleaner from the Dyson outlet store, as they are much cheaper than a brand new machine. Take a look here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dyson-Outlet You won't get a guarentee though if you are in Australia, although you could register the machine to a friend or relative still living in the UK and if any parts break get them sent to friend relative who can then forward onto you.

Think you'll be much better off taking a Cylinder vacuum cleaner to Australia though as uprights are better for mainly carpeted homes, although some uprights can be used on both carpeted and hard floors.

(By the way i'm not a Dyson nerd, i just happen to work for them, well for the next couple of weeks anyway)

Hope this helps, and any further questions just ask

PS **DO NOT WASH POST MOTOR FILTER** AND DON'T USE ANY DETERGENTS ON PRE MOTOR FILTER JUST LUKE WARM WATER.

Last edited by smudger_scfc; Feb 21st 2008 at 10:33 pm. Reason: Don't really know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.