Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clean air in Perth Humbug

Clean air in Perth Humbug

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 3:15 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Point to a supply of hydrogen which is energetically cheaper than LPG.
Because the oil companies refused to support GM , market forces are controlled by goverment Mr Bush is bought and paid for by the same boys pumping out oil.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Because the oil companies refused to support GM , market forces are controlled by goverment Mr Bush is bought and paid for by the same boys pumping out oil.

You CLAIM to be in the automotive industry why cannot you answer a straight question, or haven't you had time to do a Google search yet.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 3:32 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You CLAIM to be in the automotive industry why cannot you answer a straight question, or haven't you had time to do a Google search yet.
You have had an Email off me in the past read where it came from , or are you too thick , I cannot discuss any work related information that could be traced back.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 23rd 2003 at 3:38 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in Australia's top Auto-motive reseach company and you know sod all , the hydrogen engine is out there and will be on the market within 10 years its only the oil companies that are holding it back.
GM has an engine ready to go and Hybreds are already on the market
Australia is a small market that is behind the rest of the world , try the Kyoto agreement , little Johnny could not sign because he could not meet the requirements the UK can and did sign.

Again, if it were a better fuel it would be in wide use. LPG, LNG and CNG are alternative fuels that are being used right now because they work.

10 years can turn into 50 years, especially if the public don't want to change. Hydrogen power is just another ploy to keep ill informed green nuts from rioting or whatever the loony left do when they don't get their way.

The Kyoto agreement is a CON! It is impossible to prove that humans have ANY influence over climate this time as opposed to the thousands of warming events that have occured before humans got around to developing cars and using fossil fuels. You know sod all. Ask any climatologist to prove the link. They can't. The reason the UK signed the agreement is because it gives them the excuse for raising fuels taxes and for moving polluting industry to less developed European nations that need an economic boost to qualify for EU membership. If it was about reducing greenhouse gases then why are high polluting third world nations exempt? HA! you have just lost all credibility buying the Kyoto bullshit. It's idiots like you who vote for wackos who support this treaty then whinge when fuel costs skyrocket. Get a clue. Our government and W are the only ones with the BALLS to stand up for what is right. You want our government to sign a treaty where most of the world is exempt based on lies? HA! thanks for the revelation that you have no clue whatsoever.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:20 pm
Banned

Originally posted by kaleb777

The Kyoto agreement is a CON! It is impossible to prove that humans have ANY influence over climate this time as opposed to the thousands of warming events that have occured before humans got around to developing cars and using fossil fuels. You know sod all. Ask any climatologist to prove the link. They can't. The reason the UK signed the agreement is because it gives them the excuse for raising fuels taxes and for moving polluting industry to less developed European nations that need an economic boost to qualify for EU membership. If it was about reducing greenhouse gases then why are high polluting third world nations exempt? HA! you have just lost all credibility buying the Kyoto bullshit. It's idiots like you who vote for wackos who support this treaty then whinge when fuel costs skyrocket. Get a clue. Our government and W are the only ones with the BALLS to stand up for what is right. You want our government to sign a treaty where most of the world is exempt based on lies? HA! thanks for the revelation that you have no clue whatsoever.
Japan , Germany and most of the free thinking world signed up at Kyoto , America and its little muppet Australia refused to sign.
The likes of America wants to buy pollution credits ( carbon credits) from poorer countries so being the worlds biggest polluter it can carry on .
Still can taste the smoke from Third world Australias wood burners.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:20 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Then that leaves it wide open for you to sell hydrogen cheaper than LPG. I'll hold my breath while you convert my car to use hydrogen and set up the distribution network.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:24 pm
Banned

Then that leaves it wide open for you to sell hydrogen cheaper than LPG. I'll hold my breath while you convert my car to use hydrogen and set up the distribution network.
Oil companys own the point of delivery of the fuel we buy so without them no one can move forward.

Hybrids And Hydrogen Are The Stars Of General Motors' Sacramento Tech Tour

As evidenced by the Hy-Wire, we want Californians to see first-hand that General Motors is very committed to leading the way to a hydrogen economy," said Elizabeth A. Lowery, GM vice-president, environment and energy.

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/printer_92.shtml

Ford Unveils "Model U," a Hydrogen-Fueled Hybrid Vehicle
Ford Motor Company unveiled a new hydrogen-fueled concept vehicle on January 5th, but unlike most recent prototypes, this vehicle uses an internal combustion engine rather than a fuel cell. Ford's "Model U" concept car uses a supercharged engine to achieve a performance similar to a gasoline-fueled engine while using about 25 percent less energy. The engine also produces very low emissions, consisting mainly of water vapor and low levels of nitrous oxides.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 23rd 2003 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:37 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Oil companys own the point of delivery of the fuel we buy so without them no one can move forward.

Hybrids And Hydrogen Are The Stars Of General Motors' Sacramento Tech Tour

As evidenced by the Hy-Wire, we want Californians to see first-hand that General Motors is very committed to leading the way to a hydrogen economy," said Elizabeth A. Lowery, GM vice-president, environment and energy.

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/printer_92.shtml

Ford Unveils "Model U," a Hydrogen-Fueled Hybrid Vehicle
Ford Motor Company unveiled a new hydrogen-fueled concept vehicle on January 5th, but unlike most recent prototypes, this vehicle uses an internal combustion engine rather than a fuel cell. Ford's "Model U" concept car uses a supercharged engine to achieve a performance similar to a gasoline-fueled engine while using about 25 percent less energy. The engine also produces very low emissions, consisting mainly of water vapor and low levels of nitrous oxides.

You love hydrogen so much, then show me how to convert the natural gas that enters my property to hydrogen in a way that increases the final energy content or lowers the cost of the energy and I will by-pass the oil-companies distribution system entirely. You have more chance, I imagine, of making natural gas a transport fuel directly. When you can do that and it is safer and cheaper than filling up with petrol, let me know, pretty please.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:42 pm
Banned

You love hydrogen so much, then show me how to convert the natural gas that enters my property to hydrogen in a way that increases the final energy content or lowers the cost of the energy and I will by-pass the oil-companies distribution system entirely. You have more chance, I imagine, of making natural gas a transport fuel directly. When you can do that and it is safer and cheaper than filling up with petrol, let me know, pretty please.
I find the Auto-Motive industry boring it rips off the punter to give a mode of transport that has not changed in a hundred years from its begining .
The car Companies are spending vast sums on hydrogen-fueled engines who am I to question the powers that be , America plays a tune we all dance .

Old Jul 24th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Japan , Germany and most of the free thinking world signed up at Kyoto , America and its little muppet Australia refused to sign.
The likes of America wants to buy pollution credits ( carbon credits) from poorer countries so being the worlds biggest polluter it can carry on .
Still can taste the smoke from Third world Australias wood burners.

Oh well if the Krauts and all the rest are doing it it must be right. Pfft!

USA is the worlds biggest produceer of tree food. Yes, in case you didn't know, plants need CO2 to build themselves. The planet has had far higher levels of Co2 and life absolutely thrived. The so called greenies are more concerned with their own positions than with life on Earth which is only inhibited by a lack of atmospheric CO2. Any biologist will tell you the shortage of CO2 has resulted in plant extinctions and adaptations to cope with it. Look up c3 and c4 plants on your browser and get a clue. For someone who is usually wary of the bullshit governments feed us you are falling for the biggest, most widespread con job in the history of humanity. Luckily CO2 levels are continuing to rise so pretty soon the world will see what a buch of crap the global warming fiasco is. One good thing will come out of this hype - in future people will be less likely to buy the baseless unscientific drivel spewed by the environazis and their wacko supporters.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, if it were a better fuel it would be in wide use. LPG, LNG and CNG are alternative fuels that are being used right now because they work.

10 years can turn into 50 years, especially if the public don't want to change. Hydrogen power is just another ploy to keep ill informed green nuts from rioting or whatever the loony left do when they don't get their way.

Now YOU I like.

Well said. Canada has bought into this Kyoto Krap for the image alone. Having signed on, they have done nothing and have no plan. Well thank heaven for small mercies, I guess.

Meanwhile, the likes of India and China can go on polluting without penalty.

And I ain't getting rid of my 5.2 litre V8 no matter what!

Last edited by TimEh?; Jul 24th 2003 at 5:22 am.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 11:26 am
Banned

Oh well if the Krauts and all the rest are doing it it must be right. Pfft!

USA is the worlds biggest produceer of tree food. Yes, in case you didn't know, plants need CO2 to build themselves. The planet has had far higher levels of Co2 and life absolutely thrived. The so called greenies are more concerned with their own positions than with life on Earth which is only inhibited by a lack of atmospheric CO2. Any biologist will tell you the shortage of CO2 has resulted in plant extinctions and adaptations to cope with it. Look up c3 and c4 plants on your browser and get a clue. For someone who is usually wary of the bullshit governments feed us you are falling for the biggest, most widespread con job in the history of humanity. Luckily CO2 levels are continuing to rise so pretty soon the world will see what a buch of crap the global warming fiasco is. One good thing will come out of this hype - in future people will be less likely to buy the baseless unscientific drivel spewed by the environazis and their wacko supporters.

You buy into some bollocks , planet a few trees and wipe out millions of tons of pollution get a life .
Even some muppet Australians know better.

The idea that a specified fragment of wooded land can offset a specified amount of industrial carbon dioxide emissions depends of false assumptions about calculatability. Large-scale offset plantations, instead of mitigating global warming, could even make it worse. In delaying the transition to a more equitable distribution of emissions and more sensible energy regimes, such plantations could result in an increased amount of avoidable carbon emissions both from industry and from the land. Forestry, therefore, should not be integrated into climate negotiations. Policymakers must separate the issue of emissions reduction from that of carbon sink protection measures."

http://www.nfn.org.au/carboncred.html

http://www.nfn.org.au/cc.html

Old Jul 24th 2003, 11:32 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

muppet Australians
Well I must say...I've never been called that before...
Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Well I must say...I've never been called that before...
I do try to educate , not easy but I give it a shot.

Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:09 pm
Banned

I do try to educate , not easy but I give it a shot.

Give up, your ignorance shows no signs of abatement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.