Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Classic Returns!!!

Wikiposts

The Classic Returns!!!

Old May 23rd 2004, 8:00 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: .

Originally posted by pagey
Raleigh Strika! I remember getting one of these for Crimbo '79 or '80 and going out in the snow on it (and falling off quite a bit). Ah memories...
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quality fogmeister , i was trying to remember the name of the bike our kid had and that was it ` the tomohawk ` .
have a look at this too , bet you had one of these
Attached Thumbnails The Classic Returns!!!-evil-knevil.jpg  
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:06 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Bitchin'
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:28 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Anyone here remember these? I had hours of mindless fun playing Microsurgeon on this:
Attached Thumbnails The Classic Returns!!!-intellivision1.jpg  
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pagey
looking at your pics you are either a big kid or had your Chopper for many a year? Just how high can u adjust a seat and handle bars???
All i can say with all honesty YOU LUCKY Sods!!!
My dear parents couldn't afford a new Chopper and how i missed out.
Thanks to all. That brought a tear to my eye, or was that the gear shifter??
Excellent pics Brilliant!!!!!

good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea

PS would still kill to be on the front of one and not be the backie!!!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 5:01 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pagey
OMG!!!! I've just found this thread and I'm so giddy I can hardly type!!

I had this toy pagey and I'd forgotten all abou tit till I saw this - its freaked me out.

Had an Orange chopper too that I bought of my cousin for a fiver, but the gear change was missing the knob off the top and I nearly cut mi bits off if I slid off the seat in 1st. Also had the rocket ship Evil Kinevil thing!

and...and....Ulujain - I that is a Mattell Intellivision, which cost £200 quid compared to £100 for an Atari. my dad got us one after a big win at cards and cos he was a big kid too. Couldn't get near it for him!!

Quality stuff.

Can you get a pic of a budgie - the smallest n the Chopper and Tomahawk range. I could wheelie forever on them bad boys.
Old May 24th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by loose

Can you get a pic of a budgie - the smallest n the Chopper and Tomahawk range. I could wheelie forever on them bad boys.
Try this picture loose!

Its on the following web page with loads of other Raleigh Bikes like the Strika, Streetwolf, Commando etc!

http://www.yodathewise.pwp.blueyonde...aleighpics.htm
Attached Thumbnails The Classic Returns!!!-budgie1.jpg  
Old May 24th 2004, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Bloody hell, choppers and Australia, dont we have a lot in common.
I've still got my origanal chopper, purple 1974 job, still in working condition, my parents gave it back to me 8 years ago when they moved, they were gonna bin it? bloody glad they didn't, saving it for my daughter, but shes only 4..
And i do use it for trips to newsagent, i'm 42 and look a right prat, but i dont care, i just dont care!!!!!!!!
I also recolect getting the old flared stride caught in the chain and flying in style over the handlebars,, wow what memories.....
love those old toys, iv'e got a Dukes of hazzard slot car race game in my loft i think!
Old May 24th 2004, 6:24 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by PHIZA
Try this picture loose!

Its on the following web page with loads of other Raleigh Bikes like the Strika, Streetwolf, Commando etc!

http://www.yodathewise.pwp.blueyonde...aleighpics.htm
Thats the one!!

Top site, they've got Burners and everything!! I'm easily pleased!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:31 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh nostalgia

I bet all you guys and gals also put a playing card with a clothes peg onto the wheel for the sound effects

Can't post anymore as my Atari TV tennis game is ready.

Those were the days my friends.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:36 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by irishmolly
I bet all you guys and gals also put a playing card with a clothes peg onto the wheel for the sound effects
Nah. Lolly sticks taped onto the forks, smacking of the spokes on my Strika. Best damn motorbike an 8-year old could ask for. Well, except for a real one anyway
Old May 24th 2004, 8:40 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

hey foggy you won,t be doin many jumps at your age, best leave to the fog junior
Old May 24th 2004, 8:47 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by woody1974
hey foggy you won,t be doin many jumps at your age, best leave to the fog junior
Yeah too right Woody, I didn't even get the jump at the weekend
Old May 24th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

My first bf (I was 6) had one of those nenar nenar sirens on his ickle bike... I was well impressed!