Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clarksons rant about expats

Clarksons rant about expats

Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Banned

Reagu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clarksons rant about expats

And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens. White, middle-class families who have moved abroad.

These figures would lead us to suggest that like everywhere else, Britain is suffering from a brain drain. That all our well educated, well spoken young professionals are being replaced by Borat.

Unfortunately, this argument fails to hold any water when you look at where these middle-class people are moving to. Australia is the No 1 choice, apparently, with 1.3m British emigrants living there.

Fine, but in the whole of human history, nobody has ever woken up and thought, “I know. I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life. I shall therefore move to Australia.”

Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures.

Any truth in that?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:02 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Clarksons rant about expats

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece

ROFL.

He lives in the Isle of Man.

Say no more.

Last edited by temptininnit; Aug 27th 2007 at 10:04 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reagu
And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens. White, middle-class families who have moved abroad.

These figures would lead us to suggest that like everywhere else, Britain is suffering from a brain drain. That all our well educated, well spoken young professionals are being replaced by Borat.

Unfortunately, this argument fails to hold any water when you look at where these middle-class people are moving to. Australia is the No 1 choice, apparently, with 1.3m British emigrants living there.

Fine, but in the whole of human history, nobody has ever woken up and thought, “I know. I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life. I shall therefore move to Australia.”

Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures.

Any truth in that?
take it as its written
ie tongue in cheek

mr clarksons whit is well known and i for one enjoy reading his work

regards steve
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There is some truth in it though.

G
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

jimwif is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Reagu;5242056][I]And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens. White, middle-class families who have moved abroad.

5.4 billion West African pick pockets? Where would they stay in Britain?
Probably a typo and West Africans are not all pickpockets. Horrible stereotyping assuming that is not a typo too!:
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:36 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimwif
Probably a typo and West Africans are not all pickpockets. Horrible stereotyping assuming that is not a typo too!:
......ever heard of irony mate?

Typo? I somehow dont think the figure was supposed to be 5.4 million either!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Great article.

I like Clarkson's writing and Top Gear is one of my favourite programmes but I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. For instance, he thinks Australia is a craphole and that New Zealand is some kind of utopia and we all know the reality is completely different.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=jimwif;5242133]
[i]And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens. White, middle-class families who have moved abroad.

Chill dude, he's taking the piss.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Amazulu;5242286]
Originally Posted by jimwif

Chill dude, he's taking the piss.

LMAO i thought it was funny, does paint all immigrants as bad though, but he was saying it in a tongue in cheek rant. He does it all the time on top gear.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think he was actually sticking up for immigrants and was actually ridculing the kind of scaremongering that appears in the Daily (Hate)Mail with his '5.4 billion West African pickpockets' comment. That's how I read it anyway.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think he was actually sticking up for immigrants and was actually ridculing the kind of scaremongering that appears in the Daily (Hate)Mail with his '5.4 billion West African pickpockets' comment. That's how I read it anyway.
Anyone who's familiar with Clarkson's writing will recognise his ironic tone. I think he's great. He's never hidden his personal dislike for Australia and has written similar pieces before; he knows his stuff riles people, that's why he does it

Previous piece
, well publicisied on BE

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 28th 2007 at 3:37 am.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:53 am
Just Joined

jimwif is an unknown quantity at this point

You're probably right ..........I-R-O-N-Y....
That's why I am a candidate for the nobel price

Originally Posted by bcworld
......ever heard of irony mate?

Typo? I somehow dont think the figure was supposed to be 5.4 million either!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:58 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Any truth in that?

Thats a very unusual first post for someone
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=jimwif;5242133]
[I]And then came the latest migration figures, which showed that while Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year, we lost what the Daily Mail calls 196,000 British citizens. White, middle-class families who have moved abroad.

Right on brother. Lets not allow any form of wit or amusement that may be described as possibly degrading to any people of non european heritage.
Wind your neck in you sound like a daily mail reader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.