Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clarification - Certified Documents!!!

Clarification - Certified Documents!!!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clarification - Certified Documents!!!

Help!!

What exactly do we need to get certified?

Shall we get bank statements and phone bills and things like this done? Or is it just things like Birth Certs, Army discharge papers etc

Please advise and apologies for being repetative, just having a panic attack

:scared:
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:16 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clarification - Certified Documents!!!

Originally posted by Natbat
Help!!

Shall we get bank statements and phone bills and things like this done? Or is it just things like Birth Certs, Army discharge papers etc

We got absolutely everything certified. It would be easy for anyone to bodge a photo copy together and say it was genuine.

Tip: if you go to your local solicitor and ask them to do it, drop it into the conversation that you need some wills doing or conveyancing on the house etc the one near us did it for free.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your help - much appreciated.

I can breath now!!!

I had a chat with our local solicitor just a moment ago and she said as soon as I know how many copies, she would 'negotiate' a cost, so that sounds ok!!

Thanks again

Originally posted by maxpaxx
We got absolutely everything certified. It would be easy for anyone to bodge a photo copy together and say it was genuine.

Tip: if you go to your local solicitor and ask them to do it, drop it into the conversation that you need some wills doing or conveyancing on the house etc the one near us did it for free.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:18 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Help!!

Natbat, you seem to be applying for a partner (spouse etc) visum??
If this is so, I think I read that on London House website it said that you only need the official stuff like birthcertificates certified.
Check out the London embassy website!!
Of course, if you can get it done very cheaply it's better to do them all!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
i certified just about everything. try your local magistrates. Some will do it for free. i believe in fact that they should do it for free according to a friend of my mum's who is a magistrate. we had ours done by a a magistrate, who was a friend of my mil, who didn't charge. she was horrified when i told her that when i appraoched the court direct they were going to charge about £8.00 per document!
Anyway they are worth a try, they may be free, rather thatn your solicitor who is going to charge.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Bob Edmunds is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
I`ve just got my trade papers etc certified by a local solicitor , it turned out to be a peice of cake .I photocopied the certificates myself and took both the originals and copies to the solicitor ,it barely took him 5 minutes to stamp & sign them them , he didn`t even ask for any payment but i insisted on giving him a fiver for a drink `cos I`m big hearted like that !!!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point

can a member of the met police validate for you as i am sure it says can be validated by a public servant
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simone82
Natbat, you seem to be applying for a partner (spouse etc) visum??
If this is so, I think I read that on London House website it said that you only need the official stuff like birthcertificates certified.
Check out the London embassy website!!
Of course, if you can get it done very cheaply it's better to do them all!

I read throught the Partner Migration booklet this morning, as your are correct, it just mentions the stuff like Birth Certs and any Army paperwork (discharge papers) which we have, so shall get them done. As you say it might be better to get everything done but don't want to go too 'overkill' and we are on a tight budget as it is

Thanks to everyone for your help on this one. We are going to go through all the paper work tonight to see exactly what we need to get copied.

Wish us luck :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:58 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Alright Natbat

Good to hear things are progressing well.

We intend to get the following certified:-

Birth Certs
Passport
Payslips

Not bothering with:-

Bank Statements
Bills - Lleccy, Gas
Travel documents
Water statements
TV licenses

Hope that helps

All the best

TT

Help!!

Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Alright Natbat

Good to hear things are progressing well.

We intend to get the following certified:-

Birth Certs
Passport
Payslips

Not bothering with:-

Bank Statements
Bills - Lleccy, Gas
Travel documents
Water statements
TV licenses

Hope that helps

All the best

TT

Hey TT good to hear from you.

Thanks for your info, that helps alot. I think we will go with similar as you are, only we don't have the 'housey' stuff as we live with my parents

But all the rest is pretty much what we have got.

Cheers for that. You still planning on applying in June? (is that right)!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by railman2404
can a member of the met police validate for you as i am sure it says can be validated by a public servant
Not sure about that one, will have a look though, if I can get it done for free then I shall gladly put the lot in for certifying (he, he)

Bye for now
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:16 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I read throught the Partner Migration booklet this morning, as your are correct, it just mentions the stuff like Birth Certs and any Army paperwork (discharge papers) which we have, so shall get them done. As you say it might be better to get everything done but don't want to go too 'overkill' and we are on a tight budget as it is

Thanks to everyone for your help on this one. We are going to go through all the paper work tonight to see exactly what we need to get copied.

Wish us luck :scared:
Good luck!!!

We've just about finished now, I just need to do my sponsorship statement, but already have it in my head.
ALso heard yesterday that Pascal passed his bloodtest, he is perfectly healthy!

I think we actually ended up with certified copies of birthcertificate, marriagecertificate, passport...
But that is for Berlin, and some things are different!

Anything that costs money and isn't really necessary we aren't doing!! Officially we needed to translate heaps of stuff too, but the embassy said they don't need that of things like bankstatements and payslips, cos it all looks about the same anyway, and if they can read our name etc it is fine!!

Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:27 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep still looking at June.

Then the real fun begins!!!
House for sale, quit job and say the goodbyes.

Looking at flying through America instead of Asia we fancy a stay at San Fran and Vegas. Plus the extra baggage will come in handy.

TT

Hey TT good to hear from you.

Thanks for your info, that helps alot. I think we will go with similar as you are, only we don't have the 'housey' stuff as we live with my parents

But all the rest is pretty much what we have got.

Cheers for that. You still planning on applying in June? (is that right)!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simone82
Good luck!!!

We've just about finished now, I just need to do my sponsorship statement, but already have it in my head.
ALso heard yesterday that Pascal passed his bloodtest, he is perfectly healthy!

I think we actually ended up with certified copies of birthcertificate, marriagecertificate, passport...
But that is for Berlin, and some things are different!

Anything that costs money and isn't really necessary we aren't doing!! Officially we needed to translate heaps of stuff too, but the embassy said they don't need that of things like bankstatements and payslips, cos it all looks about the same anyway, and if they can read our name etc it is fine!!

Wicked, Good Luck with it all and thanks for your info

Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Yep still looking at June.

Then the real fun begins!!!
House for sale, quit job and say the goodbyes.

Looking at flying through America instead of Asia we fancy a stay at San Fran and Vegas. Plus the extra baggage will come in handy.

TT
That sounds cool going via the states. We talked about it too, but have decided we have been treading water long enough and want to get straight back now so shall do the direct flight via singapore, or kuala Lumpa etc.

Speak soon TT

Take it easy