Reload this Page >

Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I was `Sandy Lou`.
Funny that; Sandylou was my nickname as well! I guess we share the same forenames!

Sandy
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Is there no end to your talents - now I know you should have your own show !!!

Jill
Thanks Jill,

Any TV producers out there willing to take a risk with me?
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:33 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Are you going to reveal the secret then Steve? I went to a palm reader and she was uncanny. Told me that I spent most of my teenage years in a darkened room with the door shut and a collection of barely legal magazines all around me. And all that just by studying my palm!
Blisters like a map of the Andes, eh?
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SteveBannister
The reason I know a bit about clairvoyants is that I studied fortune telling and palmistry for four years so I know what I'm talking about.
Steve.
I'm interested now Steve, why did you study it for 4 years? Or is that just a Con to prove your point?

Hazel.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:46 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by Rudy
I'm interested now Steve, why did you study it for 4 years? Or is that just a Con to prove your point?

Hazel.
Howsit Hazel, want your palm read?

Steve.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Howsit Hazel, want your palm read?

Steve.
Please!!!! I've been searching for a good fortune teller. I never knew you were so gifted, it would have made the Essex meet's even better if I had known!!! PS. Sorry we missed the last one, but you probably know why, being psychic and all that!

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:56 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by Rudy
Please!!!! I've been searching for a good fortune teller. I never knew you were so gifted, it would have made the Essex meet's even better if I had known!!! PS. Sorry we missed the last one, but you probably know why, being psychic and all that!

Being psychic I also know what you got up too!! Tell Wayne I'm disgusted!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

This really rings a bell. Not wanting to pour doubt on your reading, Steve (note - not scorn ) - but I did read/hear somewhere recently something pretty similar to this. There are some statements that almost everyone will say apply to them - universal truths, if you like. So you can get a pretty relevant sounding reading if you run them all together, and anyone will feel that the bulk of it relates to them.

Having said that I like the idea of clairvoyants and I do think the genuine ones have "something" about them. I'd be really interested to hear how the session goes.

K_M
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by koala_mac
This really rings a bell. Not wanting to pour doubt on your reading, Steve (note - not scorn ) - but I did read/hear somewhere recently something pretty similar to this. There are some statements that almost everyone will say apply to them - universal truths, if you like. So you can get a pretty relevant sounding reading if you run them all together, and anyone will feel that the bulk of it relates to them.

Having said that I like the idea of clairvoyants and I do think the genuine ones have "something" about them. I'd be really interested to hear how the session goes.

K_M
Are you saying that I'm not genuine? What is the "Something" that you think the 'real' ones have? And If you've 'read this' before, how do you tell the real ones from the fake ones?
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you saying that I'm not genuine? What is the "Something" that you think the 'real' ones have? And If you've 'read this' before, how do you tell the real ones from the fake ones?
he he he
not saying that at all. It just reminded me of something I heard on radio 4. No comment on whether you're genuine...

How does one tell the real from the fake? No idea! I am terribly credulous and love all that stuff. If it's real, so much the better. Like someone said (can you tell my memory is rubbish?!) "I don't believe in ghosts but I'm still scared of them..."

K_M
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Tracy,

Although I don't know you, I have spent the last two days reading all you posts trying to get some sort of idea of you. The reason I know a bit about clairvoyants is that I studied fortune telling and palmistry for four years so I know what I'm talking about. I haven't done this for a while though and it doesn't always work but I'll have a go. My intentions are purely honourable and as I've said before, I don't like people being conned, so I offer this for free. I hope people don't ridicule this post as it is meant seriously.

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your financial adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity, which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

People close to you have been taking advantage of you. Your basic honesty has been getting in your way. Many opportunities that you have had offered to you in the past have had to be surrendered because you refuse to take advantage of others. You like to read books and articles to improve your mind. In fact, if you're not already in some sort of personal service business, you should be. You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathise with them. But you are firm when confronted with obstinacy or outright stupidity. Law enforcement would be another field you understand. Your sense of justice is quite strong.

I hope this helps you. If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Steve.
This could apply to every one of us
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:06 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by sj oldfield
This could apply to every one of us
I suspect Steve knows that!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kentish Man
I suspect Steve knows that!
This article gave me the creeps today.. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html
hope the link works...
Personally, I think that most clairvoyants are frauds, in psychology, the techinque whereby they use vague questions etc. to illicit more info from you is called "The file drawer" phenomenon - you subconciously want the reading to work, so refer the questions to your own experience, however tenous.
Horoscopes too are a bit ridiculuous - especially the ones in the newspapers - I'm not sure how my future would tie in with the other 1/12 of the population who are born in the same month as me!

However, I think that some mediums etc. can get things right. Before I became a Christian, I dabbled a lot in the occult, reading tarot etc. some of it was quite accurate and I'd get the same cards coming up when I did repeat readings. I gradually got into it from reading horoscopes (the thin end of the wedge, it's still the occult). I know how frustrating it can be when you lose someone close to you, or just want to know whats in the future.

Now I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge poll, burnt my tarot cards, horoscope books and the like and trust God with my future. There will always be ups and downs in our lives (thats life), but we shouldn't be trying to find stuff out - just as there are good angels, there are also evil spirits, who can come up with uncannily accurate stuff and the bible gives us strict warnings not to dabble in it. I don't believe either that the dead can be contacted through mediums etc. again, it's evil spirits, who are outside of time (in eternity) and know what is going to happen. (Getting a bit deep now!)

However, I do also believe that Jesus is way above demons, who are created beings... calling on his name will render them powerless and at the final judgement they will be sent into the pit for good!
Larissa
PS Not trying to lecture you all, just wanted to let you know of the other side of the arguement!
PPS Come on Steve - ready for a big discussion since I've given you a meaty response there!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

None of my links seem to be working, so I thought I'd cut and paste (sorry) the relevant parts instead..

THE distraught parents of Holly Wells yesterday told how they were initially treated as suspects in their own daughter’s murder.

In a harrowing interview Kevin and Nicola Wells spoke publicly for the first time since the 10-year-old and her best friend Jessica Chapman were killed by scheming paedophile Ian Huntley.

Kevin also revealed how the anguished couple were told by a medium their daughter was dead before the girls’ bodies were found dumped and burned in a shallow grave.

The psychic even gave them chillingly accurate descriptions of Huntley and his girlfriend Maxine Carr.

(and later)
As the days went by and there was no sign of the missing girls, Kevin and Nicola grew so desperate they consulted a medium, something the never dreamt of doing before.

They turned to Dennis McKenzie in nearby Sawston two days after the girls vanished. He asked them: “Do you want the truth, no matter how terrible, or shall I keep the worst from you?�

They asked to be told and then came the chilling words: “I’m so sorry but both girls are dead.�

Mr McKenzie also gave chillingly accurate descriptions of Huntley and his girlfriend Maxine Carr who lied to police to give the murderer and alibi.

He described the kidnappers as a young man with dark, cropped hair and a woman with mouselike features. Both had a northern accent.

There was also a small red car. It was later revealed Huntley bundled the bodies into his red Fiesta to dispose of them near RAF Lakenheath.

from the mirror website...
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:57 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by Larissa
Now I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge poll, burnt my tarot cards, horoscope books and the like and trust God with my future.
That's a shame Larissa, because the odds are far better of your horoscope being acurate than the odds of 'god' having anything to do with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.