Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:12 pm
Carol in Oz

Used to go to a lady who described my husband and daughters and what they did for a living. Described the house of the in laws in the UK. Said going on a long plane trip with husband to a funeral within 6 months (that happened - father in law passed away in London) Told me daughters boyfriend at the time was muslim and had something happened to his hand involving a car. I didnt know at the time but he had been in a car accident and lost the use of part of his hand and was waiting for insurance payout. How could she know all that?
Another time I went to her she described how my friends husband had died.
Take it all with a pinch of salt and dont live your life by it is what I say. Sometimes I think we take the bits out that we like and make it fit what we are told. But having said that I do believe some people can 'see'.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:32 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

[i]Originally posted by SteveBannister [/

Just do me a favour when you go in to see him. Take a dictaphone in with you and record the whole thing! Seriously, don't let him know your doing it or he'll throw you out, but you must tape everything that is said between you both! I'll tell you why after. Come back on this thread after the 29th and I'll show you why!

Steve.
Well, I didn't expect you to be quite so open minded about this!
I have no intention of telling this bloke anything at all. All he will know is my name. I've been told he records it all for you, so I will take a tape and ask him to do just that.
He's supposedly very accurate and is quite uncanny with his predictions. So we'll see on the 29th.....I'll keep you all posted!!

He'll either be a load of old tosh or he'll scare the hell out of me!!:scared: :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:03 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Just do me a favour when you go in to see him. Take a dictaphone in with you and record the whole thing! Seriously, don't let him know your doing it or he'll throw you out, but you must tape everything that is said between you both! I'll tell you why after. Come back on this thread after the 29th and I'll show you why!

Steve.
Waiting to see what you've got in mind for us Steve! First you shatter the illusions of Christians now it looks like you're ready to take on all those who believe in an afterlife!

Perhaps next week you can crush Buddism.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:31 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Waiting to see what you've got in mind for us Steve! First you shatter the illusions of Christians now it looks like you're ready to take on all those who believe in an afterlife!

Perhaps next week you can crush Buddism.

very good.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 12:49 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Clairvoyants....real or fake?

Originally posted by TraceyW
I will probably be shot down in flames by certain people but here goes;

I firmly believe there are certain folk out there who have a 'gift' and can see things that us normal folk can't. So, I've booked up to see a chap who has come highly recommended to me, maybe he can point me in the right direction as at the moment I am totally confused as to what to do with regards to this emigrating lark.

I personally feel that if he's a load of old rubbish, well I'll have had a giggle but if he see's things that he couldn't possibly have known and suggests certain ways to go...then hey..maybe it will help. I'll try anything at the moment.

I know people will reply to this and tell me I'm completely off my rocker (tell me something new!) but it would be interesting to hear what other people think and whether they've had any experiences of clairvoyants.

Hi Tracy,

Although I don't know you, I have spent the last two days reading all you posts trying to get some sort of idea of you. The reason I know a bit about clairvoyants is that I studied fortune telling and palmistry for four years so I know what I'm talking about. I haven't done this for a while though and it doesn't always work but I'll have a go. My intentions are purely honourable and as I've said before, I don't like people being conned, so I offer this for free. I hope people don't ridicule this post as it is meant seriously.

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your financial adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity, which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

People close to you have been taking advantage of you. Your basic honesty has been getting in your way. Many opportunities that you have had offered to you in the past have had to be surrendered because you refuse to take advantage of others. You like to read books and articles to improve your mind. In fact, if you're not already in some sort of personal service business, you should be. You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathise with them. But you are firm when confronted with obstinacy or outright stupidity. Law enforcement would be another field you understand. Your sense of justice is quite strong.

I hope this helps you. If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Steve.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told I would receive untold riches and control the Middle East. Lying bastards.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 8:16 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

I went to one in plymouth about 4-5 yeras ago now...he kept telling me he could see dollar signs, being forefront in my life but not which type of dollar. At the time I had no intention of going to Oz ...I lived with a bloke who had a kid here so living out there would have been out of the question. I went again about a year ago same man..kept going on about about the dollar signs again and also this time said he could see me in a building with no stairs..well nearly all the houses out there are one level arent they...so make of that what you will...
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:23 am
Goodpubmisser

I personaly beleive in reading tea leaves. I would say on he whole that PG Tips is better than Tetley's. On the other hand Earl Gray sometimes chips in something good and Lady Gray is just a blabber!

Knowing when to break the tea bag is of course the secret.

When I have run out of tea I read coffee. I find that Moccona tells lies, Nescafe is too rough and you can never rely on Safeway's Home Brand.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 12:16 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Goodpubmisser
I personaly beleive in reading tea leaves. I would say on he whole that PG Tips is better than Tetley's. On the other hand Earl Gray sometimes chips in something good and Lady Gray is just a blabber!

Knowing when to break the tea bag is of course the secret.

When I have run out of tea I read coffee. I find that Moccona tells lies, Nescafe is too rough and you can never rely on Safeway's Home Brand.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 3:10 pm
earlswood

I saw a Psychic 2 weeks ago.

She said that our emigration plan would have stumbling blocks and we may not arrive till 2005!! If we do manage it in 2004 it will be very late. The stumbling blocks have already started now IT has come off the MODL officially and we've lost 10 points

We booked our Meds for 14th Jan as well and I'm wondering wether we should go

She was very good about family things also, but the OZ stuff has made me feel a bit down, I've not been on the site for a while because of it

Old Dec 20th 2003, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracy,

Although I don't know you, I have spent the last two days reading all you posts trying to get some sort of idea of you. The reason I know a bit about clairvoyants is that I studied fortune telling and palmistry for four years so I know what I'm talking about. I haven't done this for a while though and it doesn't always work but I'll have a go. My intentions are purely honourable and as I've said before, I don't like people being conned, so I offer this for free. I hope people don't ridicule this post as it is meant seriously.

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your financial adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity, which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

People close to you have been taking advantage of you. Your basic honesty has been getting in your way. Many opportunities that you have had offered to you in the past have had to be surrendered because you refuse to take advantage of others. You like to read books and articles to improve your mind. In fact, if you're not already in some sort of personal service business, you should be. You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathise with them. But you are firm when confronted with obstinacy or outright stupidity. Law enforcement would be another field you understand. Your sense of justice is quite strong.

I hope this helps you. If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Steve.
Bloody hell! If I'd known all this I'd have never booked my session with the clairvoyant on the 29th! Not bad at all!

Hubby also wants to know what the secret is...he hasn't got a clue how to fathom me out and he's been trying for years!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:26 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Bloody hell! If I'd known all this I'd have never booked my session with the clairvoyant on the 29th! Not bad at all!

So, how acurate was I? As I said it's a while since I've done this!

Steve.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:32 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

So, how acurate was I? As I said it's a while since I've done this!

Steve.

Are you going to reveal the secret then Steve? I went to a palm reader and she was uncanny. Told me that I spent most of my teenage years in a darkened room with the door shut and a collection of barely legal magazines all around me. And all that just by studying my palm!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 6:03 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

I will probably be shot down in flames by certain people but here goes;

I firmly believe there are certain folk out there who have a 'gift' and can see things that us normal folk can't. So, I've booked up to see a chap who has come highly recommended to me, maybe he can point me in the right direction as at the moment I am totally confused as to what to do with regards to this emigrating lark.

I personally feel that if he's a load of old rubbish, well I'll have had a giggle but if he see's things that he couldn't possibly have known and suggests certain ways to go...then hey..maybe it will help. I'll try anything at the moment.

I know people will reply to this and tell me I'm completely off my rocker (tell me something new!) but it would be interesting to hear what other people think and whether they've had any experiences of clairvoyants.

Fakers for sure, have you ever seen the mediums on TV who say they can talk to the dead!! "crossing over" etc. If someone could see the dead wouldn't they just say what the dead person was saying to them. Like "I have Billy Bunker here with me and he is the husband of Mrs Bunker and he says blah blah blah" There would be no doubt then but these people say things like "I have a Bill here does anyone know a Bill?" Then a person will stand up and say "I know a bill" and it just goes more ridiculous from there, the medium will always ask a question to get the info and never comes out with anything concrete from the dead.
But then again i do not knock it if someone belives because if someone feels better because of it then so be it, even if I think it a load of Bull Shite.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 9:54 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi Tracy,

Steve.
Is there no end to your talents - now I know you should have your own show !!!

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.