Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Claiming Tax back when leaving the UK

Claiming Tax back when leaving the UK

Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: Claiming Tax back when leaving the UK

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Wrong!

You would get back all the tax you had paid, except £200!!!!

Look at your payslips, see how much tax you pay vs your gross salary. You'll get almost all of it back!

So in my case it would be a few grand as I'm a 40% taxpayer.

Wargod, PM me your gross income and amount you were taxed from your last payslip if you feel comfortable doing that and I'll work out how big a payout you'll get.

Buzzy
Blimey...myself and hubby both pay 40% tax!
This is getting better and better!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:29 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Blimey...myself and hubby both pay 40% tax!
No one likes a show off
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
No one likes a show off
heheheh...we're still always broke!

Last edited by midwifetanya; Jun 26th 2006 at 4:24 am.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
We've just been on the net trying to work out the refund, but non of the sites seem to make it straight forward to calculate.....esp IR site.