Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

City & Guilds help re TRA

City & Guilds help re TRA

Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Skittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of light
Default City & Guilds help re TRA

Calling all you Trades people who have successfully got your Skills Assessment.

Our agent is asking us to provide copies of my hubbies City & Guilds certificates and also copies of Certificates of Unit Credit. He has his actual certificates but not these Unit Credit thingies. He's not convinced they even issued these in 1983 when he passed his course. Does anyone know if they were issued at that time or if they are essential to a successful Skills Assessment? He has his Apprenticeship Log Book which details all the elements of the course and signed at each stage, I'm hoping this will suffice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:06 pm
Mog
Forum Regular

Mog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud of
Default Re: City & Guilds help re TRA

Originally Posted by Skittle

Our agent is asking us to provide copies of my hubbies City & Guilds certificates and also copies of Certificates of Unit Credit. He has his actual certificates but not these Unit Credit thingies. He's not convinced they even issued these in 1983 when he passed his course. Does anyone know if they were issued at that time or if they are essential to a successful Skills Assessment? He has his Apprenticeship Log Book which details all the elements of the course and signed at each stage, I'm hoping this will suffice.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I got my C&G around then and also had a apprenticeship logbook but don't have or know what unit credit is?????. Saying that I had no trouble getting the Tra passed late last year (plumbing).

Mog
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Have you rang City & Guilds?
We had to call them because my wife had lost her certificates. They were very helpful and for a small charge they replaced what she had lost.

Do a search on Google for them (I don't have the number anymore)
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

spiritguide is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance.
Hello skittle

I wouldnt thing you`d need it, however if the agents asking for it i would supply them with the unit info they want, you may be correct in saying they might not have supplied unit info back in 1983.
You need to go onto the city & guilds website and it will have the phone number available as ive been on it. Doubt they`dbe open now, but get the number tonight and ask them tomorrow. Beware C&G may just ask you to send off a search application it will cost £27 i think and they will send you your unit particulars, if they cannot supply you with the info they will refund you and state in their letter that they havent got the info, you then just give the C&G letter to your agent. I know its a pain coz i think they have a 2 or 3 week turnaround for any searches conducted. I had to do it, but in my case they couldnt even find me on their records, my nvq level 2 was good enough for TRA. Dont worry though if you already have a certificate from C&G you will defo be on their files i would think. When i enquired i wanted them to go back to 1990.

Best of luck
If you need anymore advice feel free to ask. PM if you wish
spj
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

in 1983 city and guids was in three parts
practical
course work
and final exam

these units were split in three
grades

fail
credit
and distinction

to quote my grade would be "3 credits"

these are only grades and not needed to be given to the tra

the certificate is what matters

Last edited by rodandhayley; Jul 11th 2006 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:21 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Is it record of acheivement? We sent off City & Guilds certs and then there was a seperate City & Guilds Record of Acheivement that we sent. Still had them luckily. We passed I wouldn't worry too much about it though, if you have your certificates that proves you did the course.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice

They asked me for it or something like it. I called city and guilds on 02072942468. They sent me a certified copy of the syllabus covering the hole course. in about 30 days and £27:00 sounds about right. that is what I submitted with certified copies of certificates.

all the best

Cockney Rob.....
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Skittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of light

I did ring City & Guilds today and just got told to send for replacements, what I couldn't get through to them was that I only wanted to know if these were issued in 1983. My husband says that he definitely didn't get these and he has kept absolutely everything relating to his apprenticeship.

I'm going to get the docs certified tomorrow at the local Magistrates Court (free of charge!), so I'm going to get them to certify the copies of the Log Book to send off with the certificates, and hope for the best.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:39 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I did ring City & Guilds today and just got told to send for replacements, what I couldn't get through to them was that I only wanted to know if these were issued in 1983. My husband says that he definitely didn't get these and he has kept absolutely everything relating to his apprenticeship.

I'm going to get the docs certified tomorrow at the local Magistrates Court (free of charge!), so I'm going to get them to certify the copies of the Log Book to send off with the certificates, and hope for the best.
Yeah, don't worry about it - just tell the agent they were not issued at the time your husband did apprenticeship. Good luck with the application
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:13 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: City & Guilds help re TRA

well ive called semta, c&g and then onto eta, now eal...theyve said the breakdown on the certs is the breakdown they would supply, at a charge!
so as certs have breakdown on them were just going to send them! (certified copies of course)
Kat xx
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by katsmajic
well ive called semta, c&g and then onto eta, now eal...theyve said the breakdown on the certs is the breakdown they would supply, at a charge!
so as certs have breakdown on them were just going to send them! (certified copies of course)
Kat xx
Yes Kat, if there is a breakdown on the certs that will be fine honestly You should be ready to send yours now I should think.

Kath xx
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:44 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Iv got all my C&G for Printing. That was 5 years ago. I never had the Unit Credit things that they're are asking for. Either way, I passed my TRA 2 months ago, obviously without them
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:03 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: City & Guilds help re TRA

MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!
would be sooner but mate cant do certifying til Fri night...
Originally Posted by Clippies
Yes Kat, if there is a breakdown on the certs that will be fine honestly You should be ready to send yours now I should think.

Kath xx
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by katsmajic
MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!
would be sooner but mate cant do certifying til Fri night...
Yippee! Have you booked the courier or are you sending it royal mail?
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:13 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We sent copies of the C & G certificates and passed within 2 weeks.

Good luck with TRA

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.