City and Guilds

Old Jun 25th 2003, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default City and Guilds

Can anyone help. Just sent of certificates to be assessed. They date back to 1988 and do not state the level of qualification. All it has is 'The certificate in printing and the 3 individual modules' they are city and guilds and completed them while I was on an apprenticeship for 3 years. Is this normally the only information on these certificates in 1988 and will this give me the 10 points for immigration because I am now worried it won't.

Please, in need of help
Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:05 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: City and Guilds

Originally posted by stooly
Can anyone help. Just sent of certificates to be assessed. They date back to 1988 and do not state the level of qualification. All it has is 'The certificate in printing and the 3 individual modules' they are city and guilds and completed them while I was on an apprenticeship for 3 years. Is this normally the only information on these certificates in 1988 and will this give me the 10 points for immigration because I am now worried it won't.

Please, in need of help
And alongside the '3 individual modules' it should say what your level of attainment was, correct ?

City & Guilds have been around a long time and are known the world over. You should not have any trouble with the recognision of them.

What category are you applying under?
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chippy,
Under the General skill cat all that down on the certificate is
Common modules Pass
Origination Pass
Modular course work Pass

I've also kept all of my college work and all the apprentice booklets and the certification book, should I send all of this?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:55 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hi Chippy,
Under the General skill cat all that down on the certificate is
Common modules Pass
Origination Pass
Modular course work Pass

I've also kept all of my college work and all the apprentice booklets and the certification book, should I send all of this?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes, your C & G will be fine. Presumably you have or are going to(not sure which) get your skill assessment done by the TRA.

I would say the more info you give them regarding your trade the better. ie on top of your C & G, details of your apprenticeship/college, what the work you do entails, what tools you use etc, all with supporting documentary evidence.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

I know I sound stupid but who are the TRA.

An application form, City and Guilds certificate in printing, certification book, Secondary school education certificate, 6 employee references, 2 statutory declarations, curriculum vitae, self assessment tax records, For 2000, 2001,2002 and 2003, tax record for 1996/1997 showing a former employer name, National insurance data protection records all companies, job offer letters from New Zealand.
Also find enclosed 10 apprenticeship-training booklets at the bottom of the box.
I'm sending it to Wellington (NZQA), do you think this will be enough
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:35 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Just make sure that it says 'Certificate' under the 'City and Guilds' heading at the top. Quite a few certificates in the late 80's were sent out incorrectly and didn't have this on. Instead they said 'Unit of credit towards...' and are not accepted as your final certificate. As long as it says 'Certificate' at the top, you'll be fine.

Steve.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 8:36 pm
I'm lovin' it

I know I sound stupid but who are the TRA.

An application form, City and Guilds certificate in printing, certification book, Secondary school education certificate, 6 employee references, 2 statutory declarations, curriculum vitae, self assessment tax records, For 2000, 2001,2002 and 2003, tax record for 1996/1997 showing a former employer name, National insurance data protection records all companies, job offer letters from New Zealand.
Also find enclosed 10 apprenticeship-training booklets at the bottom of the box.
I'm sending it to Wellington (NZQA), do you think this will be enough
Oops, sorry. I didn't realise at first that your destination is NZ, I thought it was Oz. TRA = Trades Recognition Australia.
In any event, with what you've described above regarding your qualifications and employent record etc., I'm pretty sure you'll be OK.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

It's 2 certs, the first states city and guilds certificate in top left-hand corner and states the certificate in printing is awarded to **************then at the bottom it states 'The holder has 1 or more formal certificates of unit credit by which this award was earned. The other states The certificate of unit credit towards the certificate in printing is awarded to *********** then the college attended and was sucessful in the 3 components.

Do you think that is good enough for the 10 points + 17 years work experience.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:44 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

It's 2 certs, the first states city and guilds certificate in top left-hand corner and states the certificate in printing is awarded to **************then at the bottom it states 'The holder has 1 or more formal certificates of unit credit by which this award was earned. The other states The certificate of unit credit towards the certificate in printing is awarded to *********** then the college attended and was sucessful in the 3 components.

Do you think that is good enough for the 10 points + 17 years work experience.
That sounds like only one 'certificate' and one 'unit credit', then.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Steve, what does that mean to you, is that good enough for 10 points. In NZ they have a similar course at level 4 with an modern apprenticeship. Do I have cause for concern?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 10:10 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Steve, what does that mean to you, is that good enough for 10 points. In NZ they have a similar course at level 4 with an modern apprenticeship. Do I have cause for concern?
I'll be honest, I'm not sure how the NZ system works. Might be worth giving a couple of agents a quick call to pick their brains. I know the Aus TRA system is very particular. Good luck.

Steve.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, in need of help
Hi stooly
I think you 'll be ok,my expierence was this.
did a three year app in bricklaying and got craft cert in bricklaying
My agent said I did not have parts 1&2,I asked what that meant and nobody seemed to know,I emailed c&g and asked them what parts 1&2 were,to cut a long story short,they gave me a letter(cost thirty quid)that said my cert in bricklaying was equal to parts 1&2,my agent said thatNZIM would still not except it,so I ended up sending it to NZQA at a cost of £200 for the fast track dubree.So I have a feeling that it's more to do with vonga than wether your the best printer in the cosmos proved or otherwise
Am I being to sinacall,I am a bit drunk sorry
tezza
Old Jun 27th 2003, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank Tezzabart
Your a star, I can now relax and enjoy the next 14 days. I also paided the £200 so for the fasttrack service. Any clues to what the letter from them should say?
Old Jun 29th 2003, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, in need of help
Hi stooly i'm sober just!
My letter from NZQA which took a month because the post etc (was told this by our agent ) stated .
qualification The craft cert in brickwork awarded in 1976 by city and guildsof london institute,United Kingdom, on completion of the course requirements at southampton tech college,southampton UK;and
Evidence of completion of a formal apprenticeship issued in 1977 by the national joint app board,london UK, following a three years of training in the trade of bricklaying.
Assessment: on the evidence available the NZQA authority assesses this qualifcation as comparable to the level of the NZ trade cert in bricklaying
for immigration purposes this qual is categorised on the QT as category D level 3
Well done you clever pom,go and pour you'reself a large jack&coke,get the wife to give you a massage,and do the lotto,it's you're lucky day
Well it did'nt actualy say that last bit
hope you get you'res back soon,by what you said you sent them you've got no worries
Tezza