Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship test

Citizenship test

Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship test

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just got back from doing my citizenship test. It is ultra easy. I got 20/20 in about 90 seconds. You would have to be a total moron to fail (although someone did whilst I was there!). The longest part of the whole thing is the process before the test. It took ages. The software is new and not easy for them to use and they are still learning the system . It took the official about 30 minutes to process my documents. She got it all wrong and had to re-scan everything. After that you do the test. If you pass you can start the citizenship application. You no longer have to do an interview - the test is now the 'interview'. So now it's fill the form in online, pay the fee (now $240) and submit. You do not need to go back to DICA for anything. In Perth it's currently taking 6 months to get a ceremony - so my idea of doing it on Australia day is looking unlikely.
i thought you could request a private ceremony with the mayor and that was much quicker?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Do you pay the $240/ per person?

ie 2 adults + 3 kids x 240.00 ?? = $1200.00
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
i thought you could request a private ceremony with the mayor and that was much quicker?
I've never heard of that before. I don't mind going to proper ceremony. I'd like to do it at the main event in Perth on Australia day. Will have to see how it goes.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Do you pay the $240/ per person?

ie 2 adults + 3 kids x 240.00 ?? = $1200.00
I think it's $240/person and you don't pay for children.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:02 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad I got mine last year. It only cost $120 per adult then.

Did you ask them for the best deal they could give you?

I hope you got a discount because you can't run for Federal Office.

Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

hgld is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the test seems to be quite easy ... for now at least.

After the first week of citizenship testing, 1 in 5 test candidates failed their test. The official pass rate rate is 83%.

The government have admitted that not all of the questions had been finalised in time and that further test questions were planned. So it'll be interested to see if this affects the pass rate.

The full list of official questions is kept confidential. However if you're planning to take the test (or even if you're just curious) then you can practice answering sample questions based on the study materials here.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Amazulu, you'll be barracking for the Wallabies now I take it?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Amazulu

I hope you are right about only a moron not passing as I am absolutely sh*tting myself about it... I read the book yesterday, jeez so many names and dates and stuff it did my head in...

We have ours up in Perth tomorrow, I think the fact we have to go all the way up there is adding on the pressure!!

Someone asked about private ceremony, yes you can do that, friend of mine is planning one in the park. Kids are free unless they are over a certain age I believe (16 or 18?) so could be quite exp...
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by bridie
Nice one Amazulu

I hope you are right about only a moron not passing as I am absolutely sh*tting myself about it... I read the book yesterday, jeez so many names and dates and stuff it did my head in...

We have ours up in Perth tomorrow, I think the fact we have to go all the way up there is adding on the pressure!!

Someone asked about private ceremony, yes you can do that, friend of mine is planning one in the park. Kids are free unless they are over a certain age I believe (16 or 18?) so could be quite exp...

Trust me, it's easy. Just remember the key dates - 1788, 1901, 1915, 26th January etc and things like colours of Aussie flag, golden wattle, emu and kangaroo etc. The values answers are in the book, but they are self explanatory really.

Good luck!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll be able to post on Friday "we passed"
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:03 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Trust me, it's easy. Just remember the key dates - 1788, 1901, 1915, 26th January etc and things like colours of Aussie flag, golden wattle, emu and kangaroo etc. The values answers are in the book, but they are self explanatory really.

Good luck!
Congrats

Key dates huh? So would that be the 6th or 7th of October 2007? Depending on when the match started or finished.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from my test - I passed!!!

20/20 - did it in under 5 minutes!

No worries mate...
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone confirm, if you have to pay for kids please??
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

You do not pay for kids.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Under 16 - no. But they must be included on your application, otherwise they won't get citizenship.

Those aged 16 and over need to pursue citizenship independently, normally. Except that if they apply before age 18 they do not need to sit the test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.