Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Interview Waits

Citizenship Interview Waits

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:48 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of
Default Citizenship Interview Waits

Hi just thought I'd let you know ...

I previously booked a citizenship interview for May. Just called the helpline as I may go back to the UK for a week for a funeral which means I will need to wait for another week before my residency period expires and therefore I'd need to put back the date of my interview.

Was told that they are not currently booking interviews for Sydney as they've had too many applications lately. I can call back next week to see if anything has changed but even if it has there is unlikely to be anything available until at least July. D'Oh. So if you are planning on making an appointment bear this in mind!

Does anyone know if there is much difference in processing times between interview applications and internet / postal applications???
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Interview Waits

Originally Posted by LCT
Does anyone know if there is much difference in processing times between interview applications and internet / postal applications???
You have to be interviewed regardless.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:19 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Oh, I didn't realise that! So if you apply online or by post they subsequently invite you for an interview before your application can be approved?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCT
Oh, I didn't realise that! So if you apply online or by post they subsequently invite you for an interview before your application can be approved?
On reflection, it certainly used to be that way but I don't know if it still is mandatory since they brought in the citizenship test.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:06 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I just did the test - at the smae time they took my photo and checked my ID documents. I then applied via post after passing the test (I did the test early) and there was no further 'interview'.

I know some people who submitted their applications at the same time as doing the test and it seems quicker - again no further interview.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:40 am
LCT
Forum Regular

How long did it take for you to get approval after you posted your application?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:06 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LCT
Ours took two days.

Now have Aussie passports as well.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:07 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I posted it on 29 October 2008, got approval letter in about mid-December and did my ceremony last Friday (20 March) - the Jan 26 ceremony was full.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:17 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by LCT
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Austra...ocessing_Times
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise they were still doing interviews, I though it was all by test now and you can take that anytime.