Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Citizenship interview etc

Citizenship interview etc

Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship interview etc

Hi,

our two years was up on the 4th September, so I filled out the online application form, then rang up and booked our interview...

"when would you like to have your interview?" said the woman..."erm, as soon as possible, please?" says me..."Ok, how about tomorrow?" says the woman! :scared: "Erm, can we make it next week?" I said (knowing full well we will probably get a by-the-book bod who expects us to reel off the whole rights and responsibilities shebang...)

I've read a few old threads on here regarding interviews, some had them in the local post office and they were easy as, some not so...whats your experience and how soon after the interview did you get to go to a ceremony?

Cheers, Leigh.

Last edited by steandleigh; Sep 7th 2006 at 7:59 am. Reason: spelling...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:15 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship interview etc

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hi,

our two years was up on the 4th September, so I filled out the online application form, then rang up and booked our interview...

"when would you like to have your interview?" said the woman..."erm, as soon as possible, please?" says me..."Ok, how about tomorrow?" says the woman! :scared: "Erm, can we make it next week?" I said (knowing full well we will probably get a by-the-book bod who expects us to reel off the whole rights and responsibilities shebang...)

I've read a few old threads on here regarding interviews, some had them in the local post office and they were easy as, some not so...whats your experience and how soon after the interview did you get to go to a ceremony?

Cheers, Leigh.
I would like a link to the online application please, my 2 years is also up so I must get it done.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with the interview.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it was 3 years or am I wrong (not unusal )
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stan.

One of my colleagues had his interview today.
DIMIA is now in the new GHD building by Cairns Central.
He was told he won't be told for at least 8 weeks as they have to do the police checks and I think they go to Interpol now as well as local.
Colleague who did it a few months ago was told there and then so I guess things are changing.
He was also told the next ceromony is not until December in Cairns.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I would like a link to the online application please, my 2 years is also up so I must get it done.
Shite....you still in the country ?

Hows the house build going ?

Here's thelink BTW http://www.citizenship.gov.au/
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Rabc
I thought it was 3 years or am I wrong (not unusal )
Reminded me of a song Rab.
"It's not unusual for Rab to be wrong" ...or something like that

Been talking about the 3 years for months now but nothing changed yet.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:14 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Ours was scarily easy. We went to the main post office and sat round a table with the post manager and went through the form. Asked us if we understood our rights and responsibilities as an Australian etc we said yes he ticked the box, checked our documents and voila. All done in 15min. Then had a letter 3 weeks later to say our application had been accepted. Our ceremony was at the cultural festival, although they do it monthly here at the council offices. Now have an Australian passport all within 3 months which isn't too bad.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Stan.

One of my colleagues had his interview today.
DIMIA is now in the new GHD building by Cairns Central.
He was told he won't be told for at least 8 weeks as they have to do the police checks and I think they go to Interpol now as well as local.
Colleague who did it a few months ago was told there and then so I guess things are changing.
He was also told the next ceromony is not until December in Cairns.
Hey Bix,

thanks for that. Yes, we were told too that its the GHD building...used to be Aplin St. apparently. There was something I read somewhere about police checks etc..won't be a prob as we've been good(!), just a bit of a pain having to wait for them...shouldn't DIMIA have an easily accessable national database by now?...punch a name in and up comes the convictions, if any....Another money spinner, me thinks...

Anyhow, I read on the web that there are ceremonies every three months in Cairns, so maybe December might be the next one...Not a bad xmas pressie, eh?!...Would just like to get it all done and out the way...another bridge crossed...we've pretty much been settled from day one but citizenship will be the icing on the cake for us, our dream realised and life will be good!

BTW, Wifebeater...is that you Billy?!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix

I read (somewhere) that govt were hoping for the law to be passed before their summer vacation, so not long to go. Seems to be taking far longer than originally anticipated....Thats a good thing for many of us...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Ours was scarily easy. We went to the main post office and sat round a table with the post manager and went through the form. Asked us if we understood our rights and responsibilities as an Australian etc we said yes he ticked the box, checked our documents and voila. All done in 15min. Then had a letter 3 weeks later to say our application had been accepted. Our ceremony was at the cultural festival, although they do it monthly here at the council offices. Now have an Australian passport all within 3 months which isn't too bad.
Thanks for that and congrats...you aussies!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:27 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Thanks for that and congrats...you aussies!!!!
Thanks really takes a weight off. If i were you get it done asap in that way no other visa changes etc can be passed Then it's just about the wait but hell waiting is old news now especially after the wait for the original visa to get here! We got our certificate of citizenship and an election form cunningly concealed behind it. Also a plant and a goody bag with a jar of vegemite, a small Australian flag, commemorative gold coin and another flyer re voting and elections.
It's just great once it's done. Good luck for you too
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bix

Should be a hit
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rabc
Should be a hit
Ive canceled mine four times just always something else comes up ill get there one day :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.