Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

citizenship ceremony question

citizenship ceremony question

Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship ceremony question

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Does anyone know how quickly it can be done? We have been here 2 years on 2nd Jan 2008 and need to get our citzenship before 8th March so my daughter can apply for HECS to go to Uni. What's the quickest way?

Thanks

Jo
We were due to attend the ceremony on 4th October, but we rescheduled for Australia Day for 2 reasons, 1 I had an op on the 26th Setpember and wasnt sure I would be able to attend and 2 my mum and dad are going to be over in January and I wanted them to be there.

Jo
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Does anyone know how quickly it can be done? We have been here 2 years on 2nd Jan 2008 and need to get our citzenship before 8th March so my daughter can apply for HECS to go to Uni. What's the quickest way?
It used to be that "online" was the slowest way by far but things may have changed since then.

Your daughter may be able to ask for priority processing if she needs citizenship for a good reason. As she is presumably over 16 she is expected to apply independently so it won't help you, assuming the citizenship criterion relates only to her.

If she doesn't get her citizenship on time she still pays domestic fees, not international.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can get the forms anytime you like by downloading from http://www.citizenship.gov.au but be careful as they do change regularly and you need to use the updated version.

As far as I know you can do the test before you reach the 2 year mark. You cannot make the application itself before you have the 2 years.
Thank-you for your reply