Reload this Page >

Cities in demand for IT in Oz

Cities in demand for IT in Oz

Old May 14th 2003, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

mrfrosty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cities in demand for IT in Oz

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know of any sites which show which cities have the best demand for IT in Oz?

I would be interested to know the diference in IT demand between Syndey/Melbourne and Perth etc.

Marcus
Old May 14th 2003, 3:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cities in demand for IT in Oz

Originally posted by mrfrosty
Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know of any sites which show which cities have the best demand for IT in Oz?

I would be interested to know the diference in IT demand between Syndey/Melbourne and Perth etc.

Marcus
Some of what you require depends on your definition of IT, eg field, db level or consultancy level, or oracle SAP PeopleSoft?

best thing I have found is doing searches on various job sites on the skill required etc and comparing results and logging into various computer mag sites - but when it comes to it sometimes it is being in the right place at the right time in the IT world at this point.

I would not sell my skills outside of Melbourne and Sydney....and as a strong functional in my field, Sydney holds the edge for me but might be melbourne in a couple of years. Some of it is based on checking on who has what in terms of software ownership and where the IT depts are based. So 'IT' is a hard one to answer in terms of Mel or Syd.

good luck in the quest for information
Old May 15th 2003, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a C++ engineer, working in Perth. He signed up to www.seek.com which sent him daily details of jobs available, without having to sign up to all the individual IT agencies. Have a look on there to see how many jobs are going in each city to get an idea. Of the two interviews he was shortlisted for, there were over 100 applicants.
Old May 15th 2003, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

mrfrosty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, will do a bit of looking at the job sites.