Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

from Chruch Gresley to Rockhampton

from Chruch Gresley to Rockhampton

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all
Smile from Church Gresley to Rockhampton

Hiya

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Moved from Church Gresley in South Derbyshire to Rockhampton at the end of September. Came over with my two lads to join my OH (Charlie) who started work out here in August.

It's been a manic year or so. The past thirteen months have been full of decisions, frustrations, expectations, sadness and fear. Gosh I wish I'd found this site before I got here would have saved a lot of the above!

I'm a Brummie who has spent the last 25 years or so in South Derbyshire and at the time, I thought that move was too far from friends. Never even contemplated moving from Gresley to anywhere in Britain let alone to Oz. I'd never even been abroad before I stepped on the plane to come here so no reckie before getting here. That's us though, lie dormant for a while then when we decide to do something we go the whole hog and wait and see what life's got in store for us. So here's hoping the next year or so is full of discovery, surprise and good times.

Be chatting again soon.

Season's Greetings to everyone

Michele

Last edited by micmay3_in_oz; Dec 23rd 2006 at 9:48 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: from Chruch Gresley to Rockhampton

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Hiya

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Moved from Church Gresley in South Derbyshire to Rockhampton at the end of September. Came over with my two lads to join my OH (Charlie) who started work out here in August.

It's been a manic year or so. The past thirteen months have been full of decisions, frustrations, expectations, sadness and fear. Gosh I wish I'd found this site before I got here would have saved a lot of the above!

I'm a Brummie who has spent the last 25 years or so in South Derbyshire and at the time, I thought that move was too far from friends. Never even contemplated moving from Gresley to anywhere in Britain let alone to Oz. I'd never even been abroad before I stepped on the plane to come here so no reckie before getting here. That's us though, lie dormant for a while then when we decide to do something we go the whole hog and wait and see what life's got in store for us. So here's hoping the next year or so is full of discovery, surprise and good times.

Be chatting again soon.

Season's Greetings to everyone

Michele
Hi hope you enjoy it It is a bit hot up here at the moment I am in South Rockhampton have been here since October last year.Hope you settle in well have a good christmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Hi hope you enjoy it It is a bit hot up here at the moment I am in South Rockhampton have been here since October last year.Hope you settle in well have a good christmas.
I take it we won't be having a white Christmas then Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
I take it we won't be having a white Christmas then Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
Thanks and no we won't but we are looking forward to a cracking lightning storm!They can be spectaular.