Wikiposts

Christmas trees

Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:18 am
Just Joined

jakimber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas trees

Sorry if this was posted a few days ago but i couldn't find a relevant post. We just got our tree and it smells great. Can you get real, nice smelling trees in Australia. I lived in Canada for ages and got used to fresh cut pines for Christmas. Hoping I will be able to get them in Oz.

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Re: Christmas trees

Originally Posted by jakimber
Sorry if this was posted a few days ago but i couldn't find a relevant post. We just got our tree and it smells great. Can you get real, nice smelling trees in Australia. I lived in Canada for ages and got used to fresh cut pines for Christmas. Hoping I will be able to get them in Oz.

Thanks
You can. From fruit shops and charity roadside stalls. But don't get them too early or their needles will be on the floor by the big day. Keep the water up to them as they dry out quickly.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:55 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
WEll of course in Canada youre blessed with millions of healthy pine trees, not so much in OZ but still can get real trees.

I used to cut my own tree witrh my son in the woods in newfoundland in canada, cant beat that for a good xmas feeling, especially taking the kids to help.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Or you can drive up the Bruce Highway stop on the side of the road and chop one down - just don't be seen
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:53 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Thanks
I was wondering the same actually as I always had a real tree in uk but so far I havent seen a single one here! am hoping that no one sells them till later cos of them drying out as mentioned above-if anyone knows the best place to look....