Wikiposts

christmas song

Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:57 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default christmas song

my mum rang last night to say how christmassy she is feeling this year (despite missing 2 grandkids) and how the local shops didnt start xmas too early for a change and then said how she heard one of her fave xmas songs on the radio;All I want for xmas is you by maria carey.I promptly felt homesick again as so far I havent heard a single xmas song on the radio here yet! it doesnt feel like xmas is coming AT ALL!
have decided if I could listen to one of those xmas compilations I would feel a bit better. What songs makes you feel all christmassy? for me its Step into Christmas by elton john or Xmas Wrapping by the Waitressess or Last Christmas by Wham (yeah yeah I know!)
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:08 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: christmas song

Originally Posted by squeezzii
my mum rang last night to say how christmassy she is feeling this year (despite missing 2 grandkids) and how the local shops didnt start xmas too early for a change and then said how she heard one of her fave xmas songs on the radio;All I want for xmas is you by maria carey.I promptly felt homesick again as so far I havent heard a single xmas song on the radio here yet! it doesnt feel like xmas is coming AT ALL!
have decided if I could listen to one of those xmas compilations I would feel a bit better. What songs makes you feel all christmassy? for me its Step into Christmas by elton john or Xmas Wrapping by the Waitressess or Last Christmas by Wham (yeah yeah I know!)
If WA is anything like Qld, you'll be lucky to hear a xmas song at all on the radio.

Max on tv does play Wham from time to time tho'.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: christmas song

I am just listening to our local radio, the bay, back in Morecambe, christmas songs, i hear xmas songs all the time in the shopping forums.
But it is not like christmas, and i keep forgetting it is, must get some pressys for the kids. Oh i feel homesick too!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:14 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Im with you, i dont feel at all christmassy here..yet

the songs that make me all gooey and festive are 'merry christmas everyone from shakin stevens, wonderful christmastime by paul mccartney and a bit embarrassing but i loved the pop idol finalists singing war is over, i thought that was pretty good !!!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:16 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, almost forgot... Wizard, Another Rockin Rolling Christmas !!

christmas party classic
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi all - my one is simply having a wonderful christmas time - cant remeber who by

it is not at all christmassy over here & went into panic mode when i realised i have not bought a single present yet when usually in the uk they are all bought & wrapped & put under the tree on 1st dec

but i supposed we will get used to it - another example of how "laid back" it is over here
whilst on the subject of songs you will need to learn this one :

sung to the tune of jingle bells

Dashing through the bush,
in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust,
esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side,
singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in
my singlet, shorts and thongs

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia
on a scorching summers day, Hey!
Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Engine's getting hot;
we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard,
he is welcome too.
All the family's there,
sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way,
by the barbecue.

Christmas in Australia

Come the afternoon,
Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce,
are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go,
we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through,
before the washing up.

Christmas in Australia
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

the kids are driving me mad at the mo - all walking round singing it !!!!

ttfn

pootle26
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Anything by Boney M. It's like Pavlov's conditioned reflex, I hear their music and I want to go Christmas shopping
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26
At least they're not singing "Schni Schnie Schnappy" or whatever it is like my kids...
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi all - my one is simply having a wonderful christmas time - cant remeber who by

it is not at all christmassy over here & went into panic mode when i realised i have not bought a single present yet when usually in the uk they are all bought & wrapped & put under the tree on 1st dec

but i supposed we will get used to it - another example of how "laid back" it is over here
whilst on the subject of songs you will need to learn this one :

sung to the tune of jingle bells

Dashing through the bush,
in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust,
esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side,
singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in
my singlet, shorts and thongs

Christmas in Australia

Engine's getting hot;
we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard,
he is welcome too.
All the family's there,
sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way,
by the barbecue.

Christmas in Australia

Come the afternoon,
Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce,
are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go,
we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through,
before the washing up.

Christmas in Australia
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

ttfn

pootle26
could be worse it could be, dalyellup in a forest be the sea
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

We are still in the UK but are due to fly out to Oz on Monday and I have been dashing around sorting out all of the last minute issues you have when moving to the other side of the world!

I find it quite frightening walking around the shops and hearing all of the christmas songs playing as I cant even begin to think of christmas yet. Everyone talking about how well they are doing with their christmas shopping, I just hope that my plan to get there and try and do all of the shopping in one or two days is realistic.

julia
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
We are still in the UK but are due to fly out to Oz on Monday and I have been dashing around sorting out all of the last minute issues you have when moving to the other side of the world!

I find it quite frightening walking around the shops and hearing all of the christmas songs playing as I cant even begin to think of christmas yet. Everyone talking about how well they are doing with their christmas shopping, I just hope that my plan to get there and try and do all of the shopping in one or two days is realistic.

julia
youll be fine julia, we landed here on the 7th Dec, had family coming over on the 21st, got in rental on the 17th. got xmas pressys on the 23rd no problem. and we ha a chrsmas tree. and barby on the beach. :scared:
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cranni
could be worse it could be, dalyellup in a forest be the sea

god yeah!! - thank goodness they have stopped singing that one -

he he

pootle26
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
youll be fine julia, we landed here on the 7th Dec, had family coming over on the 21st, got in rental on the 17th. got xmas pressys on the 23rd no problem. and we ha a chrsmas tree. and barby on the beach. :scared:
Nice to hear that it can be done ... thanks

Julia
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

The Pouges and Kirsty McCall- Fairytail of New York
Johnny Mathis-When a Child is Born
I have tears in my eyes thinking about Christmas.
We arrive in Adelaide on 7th December :scared:
jacqui
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by s/nurse
The Pouges and Kirsty McCall- Fairytail of New York
Johnny Mathis-When a Child is Born
I have tears in my eyes thinking about Christmas.
We arrive in Adelaide on 7th December :scared:
jacqui
our first anniversary-7th Dec good luck