Christmas plans

Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

najo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Christmas plans

This question is for all of you without relatives who are already in OZ/NZ. How are you planning on celebrating Christmas and how are you feeling at that time of year?
We have just received confirmation from DIMIA. They have received our package 09/12/03. We (my husband and our 2 sons) will be travelling to Quebec City tomorrow (my hometown) for some celebration with my family. I know that from now on the time with them really counts. And that at most there will be one more Christmas for me in Canada. I don't know how I will find it to celebrate Christmas "alone" with my 3 men once in Australia.. Wishing all of you a not-so-white Christmas!
Ours will be white allright!! My parents informed me that Santa just dumped 1 meter of the white stuff on them!!! You gotta to love Santa!!!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

This will be my thrid christmas downunder. I have to admit it is a sad time at christmas for me...i have two daughters and grandchildren back in London and i miss them like hell on that day.
I am not so bothered this year as htey are coming to visit us in March and i have postponed christmas till then.

My husband is working christmas ay so i shall just pretend its not happening...LOL
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:21 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas plans

Originally posted by najo
This question is for all of you without relatives who are already in OZ/NZ. How are you planning on celebrating Christmas and how are you feeling at that time of year?
We have just received confirmation from DIMIA. They have received our package 09/12/03. We (my husband and our 2 sons) will be travelling to Quebec City tomorrow (my hometown) for some celebration with my family. I know that from now on the time with them really counts. And that at most there will be one more Christmas for me in Canada. I don't know how I will find it to celebrate Christmas "alone" with my 3 men once in Australia.. Wishing all of you a not-so-white Christmas!
Ours will be white allright!! My parents informed me that Santa just dumped 1 meter of the white stuff on them!!! You gotta to love Santa!!!
Chris and I will be on our own Christmas day. I don't expect the day will be too different to any other day in the year. Other than we may indulge in a glass of wine and eat more choccies and treats than usual. The temp is supposed to be mid to high 20's, so ideal weather (in my opinion) for being out and about, so maybe a walk around Kings Park.

No doubt chatting to other rellies back at home via email, phone ICQ and having some quiet time thinking of my aunt who died this year.

Also looking in on the expat site to see if there are any other posters around with nothing better to do
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:27 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
This will be my thrid christmas downunder. I have to admit it is a sad time at christmas for me...i have two daughters and grandchildren back in London and i miss them like hell on that day.
I am not so bothered this year as htey are coming to visit us in March and i have postponed christmas till then.

My husband is working christmas ay so i shall just pretend its not happening...LOL

podgy you don't look anywhere near old enough to have grandchildren!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:39 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Hey Podge - you can come and join me at my M-I-L from hell's house - we can sit in the corner, get tiddley on cheap sherry (cos that is all there will be in the house) and giggle.

You will be extremely welcome
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now don't forget, Christmas in Australia is supposed to look like this.......

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:08 am.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

and this......

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:08 am.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:03 am
Badge

They obviously haven't heard of slip-slap-slop, and where's the Abo representation?!!

Badge

Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:10 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
where's the Abo representation?!!

Badge
In the memorial hall in Waroona