Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Paint Compo POLL!!!!

View Poll Results: Which is the best chrimbo picture?
Crimbokanga- Larissa
0%
Merry Xmas (Santa,chimney and prawn) - Pollster
4.55%
Aanaamloos - Simone82
39.39%
Abstract, melted snowman by the pool - Sandra
0%
Christmas Tree - WWB
31.82%
Koala - Vickymills
0%
Christmas tree - Artep
1.52%
Kiwixmas - Copperben
1.52%
Santa Does WA - Annalooby
13.64%
Reindeer footprints in snow - Pollster's dog
3.03%
Santa - Jane and Jim
3.03%
Xmas in the outback - Wanderlust
1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Christmas Paint Compo POLL!!!!

Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Christmas Paint Compo POLL!!!!

Hi guys!!
Well, I'm impressed by the number and quality (cough cough) of the entries. Now its up to you to vote for your fav chrimbo piccy...
sorry I couldn't help out surfer chick with your entry - haven't got a clue about imacs, let alone saving as a jpeg!
A big thankyou for the help in putting images up...
Larissa
PS order of poll based on when submitted
PPS You've got until 9.00pm Sunday night to vote!!!!!

Last edited by Larissa; Dec 19th 2003 at 8:18 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:30 am
WBB

i'm not trying to win any votes from the other great entries but as i seem to of taken an early lead in this most prestigious competition i would like to remind you all of the importance of being associated with a winner, vote now and use it wisely 5th down on your ballot paper.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i'm not trying to win any votes from the other great entries but as i seem to of taken an early lead in this most prestigious competition i would like to remind you all of the importance of being associated with a winner, vote now and use it wisely 5th down on your ballot paper.

Hmmm WWB, its not in the bag yet! I'd also like to remind everyone that the poll is based on artistic merit, with a reference to Aus... Now, WWB, was that a tingle tree, or a Yarrah?
Old Dec 20th 2003, 9:19 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
Hmmm WWB, its not in the bag yet! I'd also like to remind everyone that the poll is based on artistic merit, with a reference to Aus... Now, WWB, was that a tingle tree, or a Yarrah?

lol

the tree is in australia.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 9:41 am
Badge

I menat to vote for annalooby's car but voted for Simone's by mistake!!!!

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by badgersmount
Ooops!
If you squint at Pollster's dog's entry, it looks like Polar bears singing "Auld Lang Syne" (sp??)
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:47 am
WBB

Originally posted by badgersmount
ah good, my closest rival nobbled by a bit of badge's tactical voting.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:56 am
WBB

btw is it ok to vote for your own effort in this competition ?

not that i have...yet

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:58 am
Badge

I'm in suspense, now, WBB.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

btw is it ok to vote for your own effort in this competition ?

not that i have...yet
Well... I didn't! But, if it makes you feel better... do it. I'm getting a tad concerned that you might be taking this competition too seriously and that you might not be able to handle loosing... I'm also concerned that you might be reccruiting your fluffy friends to vote too...
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:02 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
Well... I didn't! But, if it makes you feel better... do it. I'm getting a tad concerned that you might be taking this competition too seriously and that you might not be able to handle loosing... I'm also concerned that you might be reccruiting your fluffy friends to vote too...

too seriously...........i have been writing my acceptance speech all week.

losing is not an option

Old Dec 20th 2003, 3:51 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Question

ah good, my closest rival nobbled by a bit of badge's tactical voting.

Haha!

I was just reading all your posts (without looking at the votes first) and I thought, Oh, Badgers I don't mind, it'll probably be my only vote
And then I read WBB remark, and I think, well, there's a wink smiley, so he's joking and of course I'm losing...

And THEN I look at the votes!
There are some mad people on here!
Geez, if me and WBB are winning, the voting is obviously not being based on the quality and originality of the drawings......
But what is it based on, I truly have no idea! lol!

Ok, now I'm going to the other thread, check out all the entries, and then place my vote!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 4:20 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, it's a hard decision

1: kangaroo is of course all good! I miss the joey though
2: prawn and quality and detail is all very good. BUT the fire is on, which would be impossible in Ozzie summer.... sorry. Otherwise it would've won!
3: Mine. Not going to vote. is boring. But I am proud of myself, that I realised within about 2 minutes of posting that I should turn it around (sorry, no, I wasn't that creative to think that from the start. And I didn't draw it upside down either. I'm too honest sometimes......)
4: Brilliant, very funny! Except my taste isn't abstract.
5: If the tree was a eucalyptus, then I'd be impressed (and it doesn't even have a top )
6: very cute! And difficult to draw. And funny heading
7: definetly the best Xmas tree out of the entries
8: Very nice! But I'm biased and will go for Australian. oh, what discrimination...
9: Very funny(well...sort of! ) and very Aussie
10: too abstract
11: Very good and creative
12: Very Australian, very creative but not enough Xmas for me, sorry!!

And.....

My Winner Is......

after a lot of thinking and looking(it was very difficult, and I have nothing better to do...)

WBB's tree!!

Yeah right, as if!

No, it's........

Annalooby: Santa does WA!!

And she is now winning, cos we have to add Badgers vote too!
Woohooooo

BTW, maybe we shouldn't close voting till monday evening, cos lot's people are only on here during work....
And most are still working monday, right?

Am I taking this to seriously? YES!

hehe
Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:26 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82

Geez, if me and WBB are winning, the voting is obviously not being based on the quality and originality of the drawings......

speak for yourself

Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:32 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Simone82
Ok, it's a hard decision

1: kangaroo is of course all good! I miss the joey though
2: prawn and quality and detail is all very good. BUT the fire is on, which would be impossible in Ozzie summer.... sorry. Otherwise it would've won!
3: Mine. Not going to vote. is boring. But I am proud of myself, that I realised within about 2 minutes of posting that I should turn it around (sorry, no, I wasn't that creative to think that from the start. And I didn't draw it upside down either. I'm too honest sometimes......)
4: Brilliant, very funny! Except my taste isn't abstract.
5: If the tree was a eucalyptus, then I'd be impressed (and it doesn't even have a top )
6: very cute! And difficult to draw. And funny heading
7: definetly the best Xmas tree out of the entries
8: Very nice! But I'm biased and will go for Australian. oh, what discrimination...
9: Very funny(well...sort of! ) and very Aussie
10: too abstract
11: Very good and creative
12: Very Australian, very creative but not enough Xmas for me, sorry!!

And.....

My Winner Is......

after a lot of thinking and looking(it was very difficult, and I have nothing better to do...)

WBB's tree!!

Yeah right, as if!

No, it's........

Annalooby: Santa does WA!!

And she is now winning, cos we have to add Badgers vote too!
Woohooooo

BTW, maybe we shouldn't close voting till monday evening, cos lot's people are only on here during work....
And most are still working monday, right?

Am I taking this to seriously? YES!

hehe
Top analysis Simone, good to hear someone taking it seriously!!
What does aanaamaloous mean then???
Larissa
PS Blim voted for WWB because "he's a good bloke, hehe!". Ta Blim, remind me to hit you with my handbag when we're out tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.