Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas "Paint" Compo

Christmas "Paint" Compo

Old Dec 12th 2003, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas "Paint" Compo

Hiya Guys
How about a creative Christmas competition... seeing as we all should have the programme "paint" on our computers, we should all be on a level playing field. The task is to design a Christmassey scene / card, but without cheating by importing graphics from other sources. Got it?
OK, the deadline is next Friday night (19/12/03... 9.00pm UK time), when I will submit a poll for us to vote on the winner. Extra marks for making your entry relevant to the Aus/NZ forum... Have fun guys... multiple submissions allowed by the same user name (so that the kids can have a go too)!
Larissa
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas "Paint" Compo

Here's mine! (Took about 20 minutes... come on guys!!!)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
crimbokanga.bmp (378.9 KB, 113 views)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:36 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Christmas "Paint" Compo

Originally posted by Larissa
Here's mine! (Took about 20 minutes... come on guys!!!)

Good idea larissa!..

as tempting as this is, i shall have to gracefully pull out of the competition. I'd be to tempted to cheat and use one of the many chrissy cards i've created of the last 13 years....

loved your dinosaur though. ... it was a dinosaur right?

Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:57 am
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't see Larissa's picture

I don't have the right application. I think it cause I have an Apple Mac.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:00 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Surfer Chick
Can't see Larissa's picture

I don't have the right application. I think it cause I have an Apple Mac.
a mac! :scared: (don't tell anyone but i've got one too! )

here's larissa's image for all you mac owners out there.

(hope you don't mind larissa)
Attached Thumbnails Christmas "Paint" Compo-crimbokanga.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:12 am
Drowning Member

Thanks, that's a great picture, sure it's going to put me to shame

But isn't it a Kangoroo or didn't I get the joke
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:41 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by Surfer Chick
Thanks, that's a great picture, sure it's going to put me to shame

But isn't it a Kangoroo or didn't I get the joke
hehe i think it is a kangoroo! I honestly thought for some strange reason it was a dinosaur though! I thought it was strange, painting a dinosaur on a christmas image, but hey! who am i to say what's right or wrong? if larissa wanted to paint a dinosaur then why not go for it!! ....

...ok It was early, i'd only just got to work and still trying to wake up....

really sorry larissa..

*hides in the dark corner in shame*
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scutterUK
hehe i think it is a kangoroo! I honestly thought for some strange reason it was a dinosaur though! I thought it was strange, painting a dinosaur on a christmas image, but hey! who am i to say what's right or wrong? if larissa wanted to paint a dinosaur then why not go for it!! ....

...ok It was early, i'd only just got to work and still trying to wake up....

really sorry larissa..

*hides in the dark corner in shame*
pmsl no offence!!!!
Come on - any other attempts guys???
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by scutterUK
a mac! :scared: (don't tell anyone but i've got one too! )

here's larissa's image for all you mac owners out there.

(hope you don't mind larissa)

lol what is it?

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:59 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Here is my entry - has taken me HOURS as I am crap and have never used the paint programme before.

Never mind - better than doing the work I was supposed to be doing this afternoon!

Merry Christmas!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
xmas card.bmp (573.4 KB, 100 views)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:10 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollster
Here is my entry - has taken me HOURS as I am crap and have never used the paint programme before.

Never mind - better than doing the work I was supposed to be doing this afternoon!

Merry Christmas!!

Am I the only person on this forum who hasn't got a clue what you are all talking about, need to get my computuer manual out and have a good look through and find my paintbox???? as soon as I have a spare 72 hours I will do it, have to get hubbie to do a technicial Xmas card thingy, does my paintbox come with a glass of water to wash my brush aftewards??? ( joke )
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leanda
Am I the only person on this forum who hasn't got a clue what you are all talking about, need to get my computuer manual out and have a good look through and find my paintbox???? as soon as I have a spare 72 hours I will do it, have to get hubbie to do a technicial Xmas card thingy, does my paintbox come with a glass of water to wash my brush aftewards??? ( joke )

Sorry, I'm also clueless, will have ago though, if I can find where I need to be!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:45 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by leanda

Just going slightly off topic for a second, has anyone had a dabble with corel painter (it used to be metacreations)? if you like getting your brushes wet you'd love it!! you can even dip your brush in water or smudge your charcoals with it! It's a stonking bit of software to play with, you need a tablet type device to get the best out of it though, and it ain't cheap! well 127squid, cheap compared to something like photoshop, but not cheap to just tinker with.

if you fancy a go, you can download a 30 trial from here. http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047021793915

ok,.. as you were!

Leigh
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:24 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollster

Merry Christmas!!
Awww that is sooo cute!!!! Lots of detail!!!!
Larissa logged on as Blim
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:33 pm
Drowning Member

Can someone put Polster up so I can see it

I had a go at a christmas tree, I though it was brilliant, but no one else in the house did, they thought it was pathetic

I'll keep trying

Last edited by Surfer Chick; Dec 12th 2003 at 4:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.