Christmas decs

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Christmas decs

Just starting to takedecorations down, and thoughts of do we keep or take to Oz as and when we go.

Whilst I am not going to part with any until tickets in my sticky little mitts I wondered if there are any rules etc about decs. I remember reading on here someone who took an artificial tree then had to either pay to have it treated or destroyed- a no win situation. Does anyone know if this applies to tree decs?

thank you,
Chris
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas decs

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Just starting to takedecorations down, and thoughts of do we keep or take to Oz as and when we go.

Whilst I am not going to part with any until tickets in my sticky little mitts I wondered if there are any rules etc about decs. I remember reading on here someone who took an artificial tree then had to either pay to have it treated or destroyed- a no win situation. Does anyone know if this applies to tree decs?

thank you,
Chris
dunno but its bad luck to take them down before the 6th jan
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

thanks for your reply I never get them all down until then ,not that i put that many up but as the kids pester to put them up at the beginning of December added to that 4 birthdays I cant wait once new year here to start cleaning up!! Chris
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

thank you,
Chris
You have to make sure you don't take any decorations with pine cones etc on, in other words nothing that at one time has been growing. I haven't heard of a problem with artificial trees before unless it had pine cones attached like some do.

We took all our Christmas decorations and they checked through them all, luckily I had removed everything with pine cones.

Susan
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
We have a fantastic christmas tree with pine cones on it. Im pretty sure they are artifical but how you can tell we have had the tree for about 5 years now but it cost a bomb and not keen to get rid of it.

Irene
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi
We have a fantastic christmas tree with pine cones on it. Im pretty sure they are artifical but how you can tell we have had the tree for about 5 years now but it cost a bomb and not keen to get rid of it.

Irene

Hi there. we didn't want to get rid of our tree either, so we just took the pine cones off. I'm sure we'll be able to replace them once out there.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Because I'm going so soon - 8 days, and getting rid of stuff and packing (or supposed to be!) I didn't put any decs up - except cards and one solitary snowman. Gave all my others decorations away. House has seemed bare though - I usually have lots all round the house.

Cas
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 10:59 pm
Go Banana's !!

Generally its things like pine cones etc or anything which the customs people consider to have been "natural" and thus habour a living organism. The thing with pine cones is that they think there may be tiny larvae inside, even in the sprayed ones.

A bit of common sense and you'll be right !

We missed a garland from our fireplace which they came across and it cost me $6 for them to snip them off.

Good luck

Warren

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

I have just taken christmas decs down - go back to work on Tuesday, so in my book the holidays are officially over!!!
Luckily my mate was here, so she has now gone home armed with rolls and rolls of christmas paper and I'm sure when the massive clearout begins in a few weeks, she will have lots more to add to her collection!!
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:06 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

thank you,
Chris

This link should help you decide
Australian Customs & Quarantine
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Because I'm going so soon - 8 days, and getting rid of stuff and packing (or supposed to be!) I didn't put any decs up - except cards and one solitary snowman. Gave all my others decorations away. House has seemed bare though - I usually have lots all round the house.

Cas
good luck Cas I see you are going soon pleased pleased things have worked out as I read you had had some set backs.

you will have to put double up next year to make up for this one.
Chris
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Generally its things like pine cones etc or anything which the customs people consider to have been "natural" and thus habour a living organism. The thing with pine cones is that they think there may be tiny larvae inside, even in the sprayed ones.

A bit of common sense and you'll be right !

We missed a garland from our fireplace which they came across and it cost me $6 for them to snip them off.

Good luck

Warren
Thankyou for your reply I couldn't understand the problem with the artificial trees but thinking about pine cones then it all makes sense.

hope you had a great Christmas Iam a reader of the banana diaries so know that its your first there.

you really should get your wife to write a book you would never need to work again!! Happy new year,
Chris
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kristine
I have just taken christmas decs down - go back to work on Tuesday, so in my book the holidays are officially over!!!
Luckily my mate was here, so she has now gone home armed with rolls and rolls of christmas paper and I'm sure when the massive clearout begins in a few weeks, she will have lots more to add to her collection!!

I can empathise there we've started on loft today before we put decs away as there's loads up there this is only the small loft have a bigger one to do!!
we've lived here for 18 years and boy have we collected some stuff. I've kept all kids school work, birth, christening, and 1st birthday cards and some pressies. I think a few car boots in order.
Good luck with yours when you hoping to go?
Chris
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
dunno but its bad luck to take them down before the 6th jan

im sure its supposed to be bad luck if you take them down after the 12 days not before
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 12:07 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there. we didn't want to get rid of our tree either, so we just took the pine cones off. I'm sure we'll be able to replace them once out there.

I thought that...... i cut all mine off my garland...... it did look a sorry state.....

but ......when i came to buy some in oz i couldnt find any anywhere.....except windfalls in a school grounds and they were whopaz....and would ov looked silly.....so no need for me poachers jacket!

If any1 has spotted any in any of the shops can ya let me know.....

love boomie
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.