Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Crackers!!!??

Christmas Crackers!!!??

Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about
Default Christmas Crackers!!!??

This may sound like a silly question but I always buy my Christmas crackers, cards & wrap etc a year in advance to get the sale bargains . Am I allowed to ship the crackers in a container with all my stuff or are they not allowed due to having the 'snap' in them?? I had Robinsons round the other day and forgot to ask but the chap from Bishops Move today said he had no idea!? (so much for being helpful!) Can anyone advise??? Thanks Claire
Old Jul 13th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Crackers!!!??

[probably not as classed as explosive?!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by seasprite
[probably not as classed as explosive?!
This is what I thought - I bet that bargain will have to be passed on to my Mother - along with numerous other things.........
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chugo101
This is what I thought - I bet that bargain will have to be passed on to my Mother - along with numerous other things.........
I know your not allowed pine cones on the deccies. Think the crackers will be OK though.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by john_w
I know your not allowed pine cones on the deccies. Think the crackers will be OK though.
Yes, I've already de pine coned everything! Its a shame as my 3 year old had made me some lovely glitter coated ones at pre-school last year and now they'll have to hang on my parents tree instead.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've already de pine coned everything! Its a shame as my 3 year old had made me some lovely glitter coated ones at pre-school last year and now they'll have to hang on my parents tree instead.

no acorns and no trace of xmas tree (real) on decs either
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebraH
no acorns and no trace of xmas tree (real) on decs either
I had a rummage last night and think I've took everything out which isn't allowed in. Just still holding out about what to do with my 'luxury crackers'
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

I had a rummage last night and think I've took everything out which isn't allowed in. Just still holding out about what to do with my 'luxury crackers'
Have an Xmas day in July/August in the UK so you can practice what its like being in Aus for a summer one
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bring them, the ones here are tat
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Don't they call them bon bons over here.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:17 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

There is a fair amount of Christmas stuff int he shops here at the moment for 'Christmas in July'
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

I think I've decided I'll ship them over and suffer the consequences!!!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:35 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've decided I'll ship them over and suffer the consequences!!!

You don't want to end up getting deported for the sake of a novelty jumping frog and a crap 'joke'...
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:52 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

You're not allowed them on a plane, don't know about containers though. I would definitely check with the shipping agent as they could be classed as an explosive - well if there were enough of them!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

can we take artificial tree as i heard that the trees over in aus tend to be small - ie hard to find 6 or 7ft artificials, the normal being 4ft ?, not sure, there are no cones on it so was going to consider it.

thanks sj,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.