Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Charity Ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel, Perth....anyone fancy tickets ?

Christmas Charity Ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel, Perth....anyone fancy tickets ?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:55 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Christmas Charity Ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel, Perth....anyone fancy tickets ?

Hi there

We are arranging a charity ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel on friday 21st december, 2007. The charity is www.schoolofstjude.co.tz, please have a look i am sure you will arrange a good cause.

The tickets are now on sale at $130 per person including 4 course christmas buffet dinner and 5 hours of free flowing wine, local beer and soft drinks, dancing 7pm-midnight. The tables hold 10 so you can either buy a table with your friends and family or just individual tickets.

Let me know if you are interested, good excuse to get dressed up and have a good christmas knees up.
Cheers Julie
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Gordy834 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas Charity Ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel, Perth....anyone fancy ticke

Anne, the young lady who founded the School of St Jude, in Africa, is an absolute wonder...........

I've heard her being interviewed twice, on ABC Radio...........talk about having balls.

She got people to donate bricks............and, rather than just talk about doing something, she went and did it.

Makes our moves in life seem like a holiday.

So, no...........I won't come to the Ball............but I will wave on my way past...........and, yes, I did donate to the project.

Sent her a couple of pillars from my carport. Only joking.............

Gordon
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:44 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Charity Ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel, Perth....anyone fancy ticke

Originally Posted by lol
Hi there

We are arranging a charity ball at the Joondalup Resort Hotel on friday 21st december, 2007. The charity is www.schoolofstjude.co.tz, please have a look i am sure you will arrange a good cause.

The tickets are now on sale at $130 per person including 4 course christmas buffet dinner and 5 hours of free flowing wine, local beer and soft drinks, dancing 7pm-midnight. The tables hold 10 so you can either buy a table with your friends and family or just individual tickets.

Let me know if you are interested, good excuse to get dressed up and have a good christmas knees up.
Cheers Julie

Thats sound great i wish i was in perth not there till next year is this something you have every year or a one off
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lol
Hi there

Cheers Julie
Sounds like a good night. We went there last year for Xmas. I'm not too keen on the food, but the atmosphere was good. And it was HOT.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:55 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

hi there, thanks for your encouraging words... who knows we might do it again next year !! I saw her on the t.v. and read her book, A group of us were so touched we decided to arrange the ball. A few tables still spare so please spread the word. Glad you donated to the school
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:14 am
lol
Forum Regular

anyone new to the perth area check out this thread, tickets are now on sale. contact me if you are interested cheers
Old Nov 10th 2007, 2:27 am
lol
Forum Regular

thanks gordon for your encouraging post, the ball arrangements are going so well, its had a snowballing effect, we have had lots of perth businesses wanting to donate and support the ball, we are in talks at the mo with the local councils to try get some form of sponsorship so it can become an annual ball, we have been amazed at how people want to help this fantastic cause and also have a good party !!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:10 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Well Done Julie!
your ball will be amazing and i wish Si and i could be there!
I reckon you should organise a sister ball on the Sunshine Coast next year!
Ange x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:41 am
lol
Forum Regular

Hi Ang,

I wish you and si could come too !! thankyou for your encouraging words and you never know what the future holds .....
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:11 pm
lol
Forum Regular

i have move the post up kath so you can find the details easy cheers x