Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chocalate Tastes Different

Chocalate Tastes Different

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Chocalate Tastes Different

Does anyone agree that over on the other side that chocalate ( talking really about cadbury ) tastes different, Karen reckonns it can't. But i say it does due to a ingredient that they but in it due to the hot weather so Karen asked a freind who works for cadburys and he said he thought it was made exactaly the same.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

crowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Chocalate Tastes Different

Yep but you can get the real stuff from a little shop called the old eng sweet shop. Cost you an arm and a leg its a bit like drinking whats supossed to be Australian beer in the UK brewed in the UK. If your lucky enough to be in adelaide youll be ok as the chocolate is good (Iam sure you can find good chocolate in other places but hay I love Adelaide)
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chocalate Tastes Different

Cadburys in Hobart told me its to do with the percnetage of cocoa powder, which is different to help it stay solid longer and not melt so quick. Also the milk affects the taste - if you buy stuff made in Hobart it is very slightly different from the stuff from the mainland.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road

British Cadbury Dairy Milk:
Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Vegetable Fat, Emulsifiers (E442, E476) Flavourings. May contain traces of nut, wheat & soya. Cocoa Solids 20%, Milk Solids 20%

Australian Cadbury Dairy Milk:
Full Cream Milk, Sugar, Milk Solids, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, 476), Flavours. May contain traces of nuts. Cocoa Solids 26%, Milk Solids 27%
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pandanda
Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Vegetable Fat, Emulsifiers (E442, E476) Flavourings. May contain traces of nut, wheat & soya. Cocoa Solids 20%, Milk Solids 20%

Full Cream Milk, Sugar, Milk Solids, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin, 476), Flavours. May contain traces of nuts. Cocoa Solids 26%, Milk Solids 27%
Slightly scared :scared:
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road

I was scared by the stuff that they call Cadbury in China :scared:
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cadburys in Hobart told me its to do with the percnetage of cocoa powder, which is different to help it stay solid longer and not melt so quick. Also the milk affects the taste - if you buy stuff made in Hobart it is very slightly different from the stuff from the mainland.

Pollyanna you must have a serious passion for the stuff to do that research
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

wild-star has a spectacular aura aboutwild-star has a spectacular aura aboutwild-star has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fraser
I have to agree that cadbury chocalate doesn't taste the same as UK.

You should try Timtams "Similar in looks to penguins, but 100 times better"

You can buy these in UK from Tesco larger stores .

Wild-Star
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pandanda

I think I remember reading in Holland that if the percentage of cocoa mass was under 20% it couldn't be classed in the EU as chocolate - but only fake chocolate or as the Dutch call it: chocolate fantasie (ha ha ha). So Cadbury UK just made it.

Now I like chocolate...big time...and I'm still alive here....but missing the Leonidas.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually not that big a fan, though I do prefer the taste of the Aussie stuff. I went on a tour of the factory in Hobart a few years back, and the useless facts stuck!!!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:04 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm actually not that big a fan, though I do prefer the taste of the Aussie stuff. I went on a tour of the factory in Hobart a few years back, and the useless facts stuck!!!

We believe you
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We believe you
You can keep Cadbury.

M&M chocolate coated peanuts and Galaxy are the same

Oh...Galaxy is called Dove over here - thanks Kala.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:19 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix
You can keep Cadbury.

M&M chocolate coated peanuts and Galaxy are the same

Oh...Galaxy is called Dove over here - thanks Kala.
Dove was a poor mans Galaxy, couldn't get into it

Loved Lindt choc though, the one with crunchy golden toffee bits in . . .m m m m m m

Miss Peppermint Crisps and Cadbury Whip bars.

Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Cooking chocolate is the closest to the real thing.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:28 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hadn't noticed that much difference - but I have to say I do like Cherry Ripe bars.
Though someone told me that you can go 'over the limit' if stopped by police and breathalysed. Somehow the cherries and coconut ferment. So keep your wrapper in the car!

Cas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.