Reload this Page >

Chinese car imports

Chinese car imports

Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

rnpeg will become famous soon enough
Default Chinese car imports

Hi

Arrived last week and need to buy car. Was thinking of an xtrail for about $15000 then came across the Chery j11 and Great Wall X240 (new model).. Any thoughts, opinions, experiences on these ? Know anybody whose bought one ? Looking for 1st hand info on build quality, safety, reliability etc...

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:39 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chinese car imports

I don't have one but I understand that the Great Wall Ute is basically a mitsubishi drive train.

Hyundai is worth looking at.

Just looking at figures for X240...hmmm 2.4 litre 4 cylinder petrol 10.7 litres per 100k (thirsty) 20 seconds to get to 100kph. These days that's very slow.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I don't have one but I understand that the Great Wall Ute is basically a mitsubishi drive train.

Hyundai is worth looking at.

Just looking at figures for X240...hmmm 2.4 litre 4 cylinder petrol 10.7 litres per 100k (thirsty) 20 seconds to get to 100kph. These days that's very slow.
On the freeway in Perth you would be lucky if you get up to 100kph between 6.30am-9am and the same 16.00- 18.00
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:06 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
On the freeway in Perth you would be lucky if you get up 100kph between 6.30am-9am and the same 16.00- 18.00
Ah the joys of living in the never never. I spend my driving life at close to a constant 100 kph.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Chinese Vehicles will be soon as decent cars in years to come. I can remember when Japanese cars were scorned. All those little orange hondas in the early 70's.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:18 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I wonder if Chinese Vehicles will be soon as decent cars in years to come. I can remember when Japanese cars were scorned. All those little orange hondas in the early 70's.
I'm sure they will be decent very soon unless Harvey Norman gets them stopped of course.

The Hyundai was fairly awful a few years back. We are looking to replace the i30...and we are getting another one.

Skoda anyone?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I'm sure they will be decent very soon unless Harvey Norman gets them stopped of course.

The Hyundai was fairly awful a few years back. We are looking to replace the i30...and we are getting another one.

Skoda anyone?
Thousands of taxi's in Scotland, diesel Octavia's i believe. VW must be doing something right
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:51 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
Thousands of taxi's in Scotland, diesel Octavia's i believe. VW must be doing something right
Absolutely, that Skoda is now a very good car.

What can we recommend for the OP I wonder?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll pass on the chinese imports having looked into it a bit more.

Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look at a Geely Chinese car 4 months ago. It's basically a ripoff from a 1998 Toyota Corrola. Not sure how it drives etc as I didn't go any further than looking at the finish on the one on display.

It had a 1980'S LEYLAND look about it, thumbprints on the paintwork, glove box door falling off.... and this was on display

It was $12000 brand new but I ended up paying $10,000 (with trade in) for a 2010 Hyundai Getz with 10,000KM on the clock. I think I made a wise choice.

Keel
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Interested in the nissan dualis now. Going to have a look tomorrow.

Question is, if the RRP is 29690 and the drive away is 33019 what realistically would be the dealers bottom price, how low would he go ? I've never bought a new car before so haven't clue..... cash buyer, no trade in if that helps
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Although it pains me to say it the base model Holden Cruze is very good value.

Great Wall x240-wait for the diesel.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to carsales.com.au

You will find a section Brand New Cars in stock. Most of the prices are advertised as "drive away".

From this section you can get some idea of what you should be paying.

Like everything else in Australia the price for identical items can vary a great deal. Be careful of the build date but there are some bargains sitting there and even more so as the 2012 model years will shortly be coming out.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rnpeg
Interested in the nissan dualis now. Going to have a look tomorrow.

Question is, if the RRP is 29690 and the drive away is 33019 what realistically would be the dealers bottom price, how low would he go ? I've never bought a new car before so haven't clue..... cash buyer, no trade in if that helps
$31k
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be looking at Hyundai to be honest, not Chinese and very good quality and value for money is hard to beat.