Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

china airlines???

china airlines???

Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default china airlines???

hi all,

does anyone have experience with china airlines (good, bad or ugly)…i’ve been offered a business class ticket to perth for 1400 euros (emirates 2000, singapore air 2400, malaysia 2500)- should I be worried by the fact that they’re so much cheaper??? :scared:

please let me know if you’ve flown with them before and if they’re any good – there’s hardly any tickets left on any flight in the first week of December, so I need to be quick.

thanks heaps!

tanja
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:39 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: china airlines???

tanja

We were contemplating China Airways as they were cheapest but are going for Singapore now.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...china+airlines

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...china+airlines

D D
Old Oct 18th 2004, 4:20 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

hi. theres some information on airlines that might be usefull to you titled Whats your favorite/worst airlines. Its on about page7-8 hope this helps.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

thanks elksa, checked the worst/best airlines thread and they weren't in it...so they're either not good and not bad or nobody flies with them...

tanja
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: china airlines???

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hi all,

does anyone have experience with china airlines (good, bad or ugly)…i’ve been offered a business class ticket to perth for 1400 euros (emirates 2000, singapore air 2400, malaysia 2500)- should I be worried by the fact that they’re so much cheaper??? :scared:

please let me know if you’ve flown with them before and if they’re any good – there’s hardly any tickets left on any flight in the first week of December, so I need to be quick.

thanks heaps!

tanja
They have the worst airline safety record in Asia in terms of fatalities....even Pakistan International Airlines & Garuda Indonesia has a better record:

http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/asia.htm

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/taiwan.htm

The other Taiwanese Chinese airline is Eva Air...friends of mine flew with them in Business Class (Singapore to LA return) and thought they were very good.

Also perhaps you might want to send an e-mail or phone Lees Travel in London to see if they have unpublished special fares; they're a consolidator for a number of Asian airlines inc. Malaysian, Singapore, Thai, Emirates, Korean Air, Cathay:

http://www.leestravel.co.uk

Last edited by Englishmum; Oct 18th 2004 at 5:55 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

gary2rep is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: china airlines???

travelled with China Airlines in August this year (2004) and will never travel with them again. Very unfriendly cabin crew, crap food, everything is a hassle for the cabin crew, no tv's in the rear of the seats, the few overheaf tv's that they had were turned of at random with no explanation, even if it was in the middle of a film etc. Only one toilet open in economy class as rest were blocked and no effort to unblock them. I could go on and on but i don't think that they deserve the time or effort, you get what you pay for in life!, best of luck with your choice.
Gary