Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childs Car Seats

Childs Car Seats

Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:31 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childs Car Seats

Due to nipper #2 currently being developed by the boss, we need to buy a new carseat.
We were familiar with all the makes back in the UK, but were not sure about the ones over here.
If anyone can offer recommendations on manufacturers to go for/avoid that would be great - as prices seem to vary massively for what seem to be very similar prodcts.
Thanks, in advance

Steve

Common makes seem to be:
Safe n Sound
Go-Safe
Mothers Choice
Baby Love

Last edited by stevemich; Apr 5th 2006 at 4:38 am.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:42 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Childs Car Seats

Originally Posted by stevemich
Due to nipper #2 currently being developed by the boss, we need to buy a new carseat.
We were familiar with all the makes back in the UK, but were not sure about the ones over here.
If anyone can offer recommendations on manufacturers to go for/avoid that would be great - as prices seem to vary massively for what seem to be very similar prodcts.
Thanks, in advance

Steve

Common makes seem to be:
Safe n Sound
Go-Safe
Mothers Choice
Baby Love
Safe n sound seems to be the choice of the pick(?)
Shop around, we found the best prices at Baby Kingdom, but you'll have to go to Alexandria or Bankstown and haggle.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:54 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Safe n sound seems to be the choice of the pick(?)
Shop around, we found the best prices at Baby Kingdom, but you'll have to go to Alexandria or Bankstown and haggle.
I will try to check them out this weekend...
I may end up getting one on eBay once I have seen them in the flesh, as it were...
Cheers!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 4:59 am

I will try to check them out this weekend...
I may end up getting one on eBay once I have seen them in the flesh, as it were...
Cheers!
You can spend some silly money on a car seat, $600 +++
We got a SafeNSound like this one
http://www.babiesgalore.com.au/view_...?productid=338
for about $350.
Don't need to say, be careful buying second hand.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:05 am
Full Throttle

You can spend some silly money on a car seat, $600 +++
We got a SafeNSound like this one
http://www.babiesgalore.com.au/view_...?productid=338
for about $350.
Don't need to say, be careful buying second hand.
On something as important as this we would always buy new. Like you hint, you can never know the history of a secondhand one...

Do you like the one you have got? Any reason why you picked this over any other?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:24 am
Just Joined

helpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant future

Hi Steve

Safe'n'Sound and Britax are one and the same - that's what tipped the scale for us - silly I know, but for things like this we wanted what we were familiar with from back home.

best wishes

Andy Sinclair-Ford

Thanks, in advance

Steve

Common makes seem to be:
Safe n Sound
Go-Safe
Mothers Choice
Baby Love

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 5th 2006 at 7:57 am.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:34 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by helpwithvisa
Hi Steve

Safe'n'Sound and Britax are one and the same - that's what tipped the scale for us - silly I know, but for things like this we wanted what we were familiar with from back home.

best wishes

Andy Sinclair-Ford

www.sf-migration-australia.co.uk
We currently have a Britax for our daughter, so that is great to know as they always got great reviews in the UK.
I'll do a hunt for bargain safe n sounds...
Thanks Andy
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:00 pm

On something as important as this we would always buy new. Like you hint, you can never know the history of a secondhand one...

Do you like the one you have got? Any reason why you picked this over any other?
Sorry I got distracted before I could reply...

We picked this one as it was a make we'd been recommended, it was in our price range, it had everything we wanted (safety standards, age range, reclining, retractor...) and was on special at Baby Kingdom.

It's awaiting it's first passenger so I can't give any real feedback yet
Chris.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:11 pm
Full Throttle

Sorry I got distracted before I could reply...

We picked this one as it was a make we'd been recommended, it was in our price range, it had everything we wanted (safety standards, age range, reclining, retractor...) and was on special at Baby Kingdom.

It's awaiting it's first passenger so I can't give any real feedback yet
Chris.
Hopefully we will never have to find out how it performs in any way other than in the comfort/looks stakes, eh.

Think we will go with this make too... Thanks for the help!

When is your addition due?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:13 pm

Hopefully we will never have to find out how it performs in any way other than in the comfort/looks stakes, eh.

Think we will go with this make too... Thanks for the help!

When is your addition due?
no worries
taking delivery at the end of June

How are you liking Cremorne? Are you near the harbour or "the road"?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:32 pm
Full Throttle

no worries
taking delivery at the end of June

How are you liking Cremorne? Are you near the harbour or "the road"?

We're getting our new bundle of vomit and poo in mid June... there was obviously not much on telly during September 05! (is there ever..?)

Cremorne is great acutally, completely different from Lane Cove where we were before - but v convenient.
We are on the north side, closer to the road than Middle Harbour, but far enough away (5 mins walk). Primrose park is only a few mins away, so the mutt is pleased with regular wals for a change!

I take it you live in the general area..
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:41 pm

We're getting our new bundle of vomit and poo in mid June... there was obviously not much on telly during September 05! (is there ever..?)

Cremorne is great acutally, completely different from Lane Cove where we were before - but v convenient.
We are on the north side, closer to the road than Middle Harbour, but far enough away (5 mins walk). Primrose park is only a few mins away, so the mutt is pleased with regular wals for a change!

I take it you live in the general area..
Congrats! Which hospital are you going to? We're at MV.

Have lived in Kirribilli, Queenscliff and now Avalon, wife works at Mossie. Always liked the harbour front down there and kind of miss the city sometimes.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:58 pm
Full Throttle

Congrats! Which hospital are you going to? We're at MV.

Have lived in Kirribilli, Queenscliff and now Avalon, wife works at Mossie. Always liked the harbour front down there and kind of miss the city sometimes.
We use Royal North Shore in St Leonards/Crows Nest... We started there because of its proximity to Lane cove, so will stick with it! Seems like a good one so far!
We had looked at a few places in Kirribilli before we found this one, great spot - good for showing off "the view" to visitors from the UK... living the dream, blah blah!
Sounds like you have gradually moved north! that for cost reasons, or just to get away from it all a bit more?
We lived in a small village in cambridgeshire before we came here, so it is a bit of a change living so close to the city. We found that in Sydney (well, the north shore anyway) you never really feel like you are in a city due to all the greenery and water and changing landscape.. So wokred out ok really.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:10 am

We use Royal North Shore in St Leonards/Crows Nest... We started there because of its proximity to Lane cove, so will stick with it! Seems like a good one so far!
We had looked at a few places in Kirribilli before we found this one, great spot - good for showing off "the view" to visitors from the UK... living the dream, blah blah!
Sounds like you have gradually moved north! that for cost reasons, or just to get away from it all a bit more?
We lived in a small village in cambridgeshire before we came here, so it is a bit of a change living so close to the city. We found that in Sydney (well, the north shore anyway) you never really feel like you are in a city due to all the greenery and water and changing landscape.. So wokred out ok really.
We loved Kirribilli, 2 doors down from Johnnie Howard and directlly opposite the Opera house. Our 'dunnie' had the best view! lol
We moved from there cos of the landlord, and fancied the beach so had a great unit overlooking Queensie. With bub on the way decided to swap unit with view for a house with garden hence recent move to Av.
Now we hardly ever get in to the city for nights out, but the bub will change all that anyway
Glad you're enjoying Creamy.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:17 am
Full Throttle

We loved Kirribilli, 2 doors down from Johnnie Howard and directlly opposite the Opera house. Our 'dunnie' had the best view! Glad you're enjoying Creamy.
Sounds like one of the places we were looking at! It was on Jeffreys road directly in front of some religious college and very near the water... Like you said - you could poo with a view. Beats reading the free paper!

Funny you should call it Creamy - my M-I-L thought it was called Cream Horn when we told her...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.