Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childrens school reports......

Childrens school reports......

Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:12 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Question Childrens school reports......

Do the schools on the Gold Coast need information on our childrens education, either current or previous?

Had a teacher telling me today that Australian Education would request it from them but ive never heard of that happening, have you? C x
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens school reports......

Originally Posted by shiels
Do the schools on the Gold Coast need information on our childrens education, either current or previous?

Had a teacher telling me today that Australian Education would request it from them but ive never heard of that happening, have you? C x

Yep, The schools my kids will be going to have requested some info on what they have been learning for the past term, so just gonna give them their school reports, also need to provide kids immunisation records. Hope this helps.

Lol x
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Neither of the schools my girls go to wanted previous information and all the other schools we looked at seemed confused as to why they would want the info.

Neither of them asked about their immunisation records either. It may be an age thing - primary age kids may need to provide it. My girls are 12 and 14.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Neither of the schools my girls go to wanted previous information and all the other schools we looked at seemed confused as to why they would want the info.

Neither of them asked about their immunisation records either. It may be an age thing - primary age kids may need to provide it. My girls are 12 and 14.
My daughter did not need them for primary but when I put her name down for high school she did.
Tracie
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
My daughter did not need them for primary but when I put her name down for high school she did.
Tracie
Maybe it's an individual school thing then
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Maybe it's an individual school thing then
Mountain Creek have asked for reports from my kids school to be brought out with us. They said it helps them to be placed at school apparently. I am getting in touch with school at the end of april to ask them to provide a subject report. When I rung their UK school, they said they know what to put in them as they have done quite a few for kids emigrating, which is reassuring.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

jodi666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi C,

The school my kids go to on the GC asked for copies of reports to look at just to give them some idea of how they have been doing. jodi
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:33 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Hi
Could someone tell me had a couple of people telling me different things.
What age do kids go to High school in queensland? I have a daughter who is 11yrs and 4 months would be going to high school in Scotland this August. I was under the impression that she wouldnt go to High school until 13 in Australia...any help appreciated

Anne
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi
Could someone tell me had a couple of people telling me different things.
What age do kids go to High school in queensland? I have a daughter who is 11yrs and 4 months would be going to high school in Scotland this August. I was under the impression that she wouldnt go to High school until 13 in Australia...any help appreciated

Anne

Which state are you moving to?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:43 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Our teachers in the UK (primary) told us the same thing. They just couldn't hack the idea that emigrating to the other side of the world was totally different to moving to a different county in the UK wher the new school would contact the old school.

As it was, the school gave me all the girls test results etc and the school here has asked for none of it. They haven't asked for immunisation records either.

Lou
xx

Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:19 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Which state are you moving to?
Hi we are going to Brisbane

Anne
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weasy
Our teachers in the UK (primary) told us the same thing. They just couldn't hack the idea that emigrating to the other side of the world was totally different to moving to a different county in the UK wher the new school would contact the old school.

As it was, the school gave me all the girls test results etc and the school here has asked for none of it. They haven't asked for immunisation records either.

Lou
xx
Hi Lou, Sons senior school were quite offish about the fact that he wouldnt be sitting his SATS (a system we dont agree with and he wont be here for the results so whats the point??!!!) and got on their high horse about the fact that Aus school would need to see his results. I was hoping peeps on here would say for sure we wouldnt need them so that I could say thanks but no thanks!!!! LOL!!!!!

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi we are going to Brisbane

Anne
State of Queensland same as us then!!! Brisbane is lovely. C x
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lou, Sons senior school were quite offish about the fact that he wouldnt be sitting his SATS (a system we dont agree with and he wont be here for the results so whats the point??!!!) and got on their high horse about the fact that Aus school would need to see his results. I was hoping peeps on here would say for sure we wouldnt need them so that I could say thanks but no thanks!!!! LOL!!!!!

State of Queensland same as us then!!! Brisbane is lovely. C x
Hi Claire

Can't remember why, but we got something similar to a "reference" from Shannon's school as well as the ordinary end of term report. Maybe they just gave it out of courtesy. Also can't remember (those first few weeks are a bit of a blur now ) if either Robina High or Robina State asked for any paperwork, but I gave them both reports and I remember they were glad to have them because it gives them an idea of how the child was doing up to that point. Shannon's school reference actually came in handy later on when she was applying for jobs.

Michelle x
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:31 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hi Claire

Can't remember why, but we got something similar to a "reference" from Shannon's school as well as the ordinary end of term report. Maybe they just gave it out of courtesy. Also can't remember (those first few weeks are a bit of a blur now ) if either Robina High or Robina State asked for any paperwork, but I gave them both reports and I remember they were glad to have them because it gives them an idea of how the child was doing up to that point. Shannon's school reference actually came in handy later on when she was applying for jobs.

Michelle x
thanks michelle, will have to ask at the schools nicely then....but im not grovelling thats for sure!!!!! C x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Landrover Widow is an unknown quantity at this point

Has there been an answer to what age children transfer to high school? My son starts in September here, however we are planning to be in Queensland January 2008. I know this is when new school year starts, so I am I correct in asumming he would go to high school then or is the age of transfer 13 as previously mentioned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.