Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childrens Dancing Lessons

Childrens Dancing Lessons

Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childrens Dancing Lessons

Hello All,

We are heading out to Brisbane in June this year, yippee"!!!!

My two eldest daughters are very heavy into there ballet, tap, modern and Irish dancing so I would like to get them back into it as soon as we arrive so they don't loose all that hard work. There are turning 16 and 9 in August and any help to find a dance class to suit them would be great, I am also hoping it will start there social scene off straight away.

We are looking at possibly Cleveland, Redcliffe, although hubby keeps changing his mind so all help appreciated.
Cheers
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:09 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Childrens Dancing Lessons

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Hello All,

My two eldest daughters are very heavy into there ballet, tap, modern and Irish dancing so I would like to get them back into it as soon as we arrive so they don't loose all that hard work. There are turning 16 and 9 in August and any help to find a dance class to suit them would be great, I am also hoping it will start there social scene off straight away.

We are looking at possibly Cleveland, Redcliffe, although hubby keeps changing his mind so all help appreciated.
Cheers
You'd better decide where you are going

I'm pretty sure that Cleveland has some dance studios, as we looked it up once, but it ended up that the school did classes aswell.

Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Cheers

Hi

We live in Ormiston and my daughter goes to The Dance Studio in Coorparoo. I know it seems a way to travel but the standard of teaching is excellent and it is within walking distance of the train station. Lots of the kids travel in by themselves in the daylight. They don't do Irish dancing but they do ballet, modern, tap, jazz, singing, drama. Have a look at their website
www.thedancestudio.com.au

Any more queries regarding dancing just ask.

Amanda
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You'd better decide where you are going

I'm pretty sure that Cleveland has some dance studios, as we looked it up once, but it ended up that the school did classes aswell.

Yes we do need to decide I think he has narrowed it down to Cleveland, Sandgate and Albany Creek (for now !!!) .

Thanks for the help. Hear anything keep me posted.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:56 am
ABCDiamond

Yes we do need to decide I think he has narrowed it down to Cleveland, Sandgate and Albany Creek (for now !!!) .

Thanks for the help. Hear anything keep me posted.
Dance Tuition/Studios in Cleveland

Australian Teachers Of Dancing Ltd
PO Box 975 Cleveland QLD 4163
T: (07) 3821 5256

Club PJ's Sport Aerobics & Dance Centre
Shore Place Shore St Cleveland QLD 4163
T: (07) 3821 0110

Foxstone Education
17 Harding Crs Cleveland QLD 4163
T: (07) 3821 3400

Redland Dance / The Performing Arts School
8/ 77 Shore St Cleveland QLD 4163
T: (07) 3286 5316 l

East Coast Dance Pty Ltd
Cleveland Entertainment Centre 2 Middle St Cleveland QLD 4163
T: 0411 256 466

Michael Bishop DanceSport Studio
54 Passage St Cleveland QLD 4163
T: (07) 3821 2657

Old Feb 12th 2006, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Not wanting to hijack, but was going to ask the same question for The Gold Coast so thought I'd throw it in here ...

ABC?? ...

Same story, my daughter does Ballet & Modern and altho only been doing it for about 2 years, she got an A grade in whatever level it is she did recently (3 I think ... ) and her current teacher has said she's a 'natural' with the ballet so like the OP would REALLY like her to keep it up in Oz.

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2006, 2:18 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

I'd also like to ask if anyone knows any good dance studios in Adelaide?

I'm coming from a slightly different angle though; My daughter is 18 and will be joining me in Adelaide in July after she finishes her performing arts course at college in the UK. She'll be looking for work as a dance teacher at a dance studio or school.

Any suggestions anyone? It would be great if I could help her to line up some interviews.

Apologies to the OP for sidetracking!

Elaine M
Old Feb 12th 2006, 4:29 pm
newbie (sydney bound)

jayney will become famous soon enough

Hello all sorry not hijacking post either, we are heading for Sydney along the Northern Beaches. I also have a daughter who's a very keen dancer, I'm sure there are alot of wonderful dancing schools in the area, but my question is does anyone know if there is a big competition circuit out there. My daughter has been dancing for a number of years now and loves the festivals we have over here, we travel all around the country competing and this is one of her main concerns. If anyone is in the know would love to find out more!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 6:00 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Childrens Dancing Lessons

Hello All,

Cheers
Can I hijack this thread and ask if anyone knows of these in Perth ??

My daughter has to do a ballet solo tomorrow at a festival - she is very nervous !!!

Nick
Old Feb 12th 2006, 6:43 pm
In The Malls, Brisbane

frankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nicefrankie.p is just really nice

Originally Posted by nick72

My daughter has to do a ballet solo tomorrow at a festival - she is very nervous !!!

Nick
Whilst were all here, why dont we find out if their are any in Melbourne, Darwin, The bush and Tazzy.
It might save a bit of time
Old Feb 12th 2006, 6:49 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Gold Coast has a great Dance School www.newyorkballroom.com
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hello All,

Cheers

There is an Irish/Scottish dance school at the old RSL hall (green building) at Cleveland Showground on a Monday afternoon from 3.30pm.

WW
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayney
Hello all sorry not hijacking post either, we are heading for Sydney along the Northern Beaches. I also have a daughter who's a very keen dancer, I'm sure there are alot of wonderful dancing schools in the area, but my question is does anyone know if there is a big competition circuit out there. My daughter has been dancing for a number of years now and loves the festivals we have over here, we travel all around the country competing and this is one of her main concerns. If anyone is in the know would love to find out more!

The dance schools compete in eisteddfods and these are big events so she should be fine
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
There is an Irish/Scottish dance school at the old RSL hall (green building) at Cleveland Showground on a Monday afternoon from 3.30pm.

WW

Thanks for that you have made a young girl very happy, she loves her irish dancing cheers!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nick72

Nick

I had a few in Perth, I looked it up in the yellow pages link, from this website. My daughter competes as well, in Jazz, Musical Theater and Irish, she also takes tap and ballet. There is a big dance show in July, I think it's in Mandurah, so I hope to go (along with my daughter) and check it out, and that way we can see how each school is represented ie: are the costumes age appropriate, are the kids having fun, are the dances well put together etc. Then we can find the best of the dance schools in our area. We are arriving in Perth at the end of June. Tell your daughter to "break a leg" as they say in showbiz!!!!! I'm sure she'll do great, the more nerves, the more energy to perform.

Nicanjoe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.