Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childrens clothes in WA

Wikiposts

Childrens clothes in WA

Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Childrens clothes in WA

Originally Posted by clougherty family
At Harbourtown there is a Nike shop and a converse shop. I got my son who is size 10 at the moment some Tommy Hilfiger trainers for $40 instead of $90 and I previously got him Converse trainers when he was a size 8. They have quite a lot of kids trainers/sandals in both shops.

Jo
Thanks all. I am off to Next tomorrow morning to see what I can find. Can someone clarify if there is a Clarks shop or if they are sold in one of the department stores. Or are we saying Betts Kids is a store that sells shoes like Clarks.

I reckon I might try and get myself some nice underwear as I am thinking that could be limited on quality too.

Thanks again.

J
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

So, do they have an Aussie version of Primark or Matalan ?
what about those factory outlet places they have over here in the UK, or
is internet shopping for clothes/ sportswear a viable option over there.

Steve
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
So, do they have an Aussie version of Primark or Matalan ?
what about those factory outlet places they have over here in the UK, or
is internet shopping for clothes/ sportswear a viable option over there.

Steve
I'm not sure about Perth but here in the Eastern states we have factory outlets. In Sydney there is DFO in Homebush, where I've snapped up some stuff at good prices and also some factory outlets in Alexandria not just for clothes but also kitchen stuff. They even have organised bus tours for those outlets.

I've only been to Primark once (and wasn't too impressed even tho my family love it). It seems similar to Best and Less over here but on a bigger scale.

Everything in the UK is on a much bigger scale because the population can substain it and as a result you won't get as much choice in Oz. However on the whole clothes do seem to be cheaper here probably because everything comes from China. I noticed more variety of suppliers in the UK, which I like.

Internet clothes shopping try:

www.ezibuy.com.au
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

Hi

Going to miss all my ebay bargains over here, don't seem to use it as much over there.
An excuse though to go hunting for the Oz clothes bargains.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Thanks all. I am off to Next tomorrow morning to see what I can find. Can someone clarify if there is a Clarks shop or if they are sold in one of the department stores. Or are we saying Betts Kids is a store that sells shoes like Clarks.

I reckon I might try and get myself some nice underwear as I am thinking that could be limited on quality too.

Thanks again.

J
Hi Julie
They do sell Clarks shoes in the department stores, & some shoe shops have a clarks section.
Leigh
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

and by the way, don't expect you will be able to buy online from the UK once you get to Australia, it is very hard to find any UK stores that will ship to OZ!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
and by the way, don't expect you will be able to buy online from the UK once you get to Australia, it is very hard to find any UK stores that will ship to OZ!
you are right but that isn't because its australia, a lot of stores only ship within the EU. I had the same issue with shipping when I lived in Canada and the US.