Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

children playing outside

children playing outside

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

me myself & i is an unknown quantity at this point
Question children playing outside

hi there all,its nice to read all the post and getting wiser all the time i wonder if anyone can tell me please do kids play out on the streets at all,does it happen only in some suburbs.we have home zoning where we live and my 2 kids age(3&8)just love it.hope someone can reply.thanks.

PS.we plan to move somewhere in BRISBANE. hubby passed TRA as chef,passed IELTS test and we are now ready to apply for PR.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 11:53 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: children playing outside

YEs kids do play outside and they walk to school on their own too where we live.

But we live in sleepy suburb 30k outsideof brisse and last 2 mths there has been 1 substantial peadophile warning about kids being snatched .

So make your own mind up.Kids do play outside, its v.common for kidsto walk home frmo school , but the same tossers exist everywhere and are just as mobile no matter where you live.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 6:27 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by me myself & i
hi there all,its nice to read all the post and getting wiser all the time i wonder if anyone can tell me please do kids play out on the streets at all,does it happen only in some suburbs.we have home zoning where we live and my 2 kids age(3&8)just love it.hope someone can reply.thanks.

PS.we plan to move somewhere in BRISBANE. hubby passed TRA as chef,passed IELTS test and we are now ready to apply for PR.
Kids go out side even in Iraq
So i'm sure your wee ones will be out side in Aus just keep an eye on them and beware the sun !
Congrates on TRA etc
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:29 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

what is home zoning?

We're in a rural victorian town and can't say I've ever seen children playing on their own in the streets. A couple of times I've seen a child with their father throwing a 'footy' backwards and forwards, but mostly the kids seem to be confined to the gardens or parks. Quite a few children walk to school though.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:38 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banjo
what is home zoning?

We're in a rural victorian town and can't say I've ever seen children playing on their own in the streets. A couple of times I've seen a child with their father throwing a 'footy' backwards and forwards, but mostly the kids seem to be confined to the gardens or parks. Quite a few children walk to school though.
In our suburb , there is Curfew.

Certain things Kids cannot be doing, or places they cannot be at certain times
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Hi

We have just moved to Helensvale, QLD, and my kids Jack 11, Tom 9 are never in. All the kids are out the front on their bikes, running around or playing tennis, and after 4 the kids are allowed onto the golf course behind us, it's great and they love it.

Jane