Childminding

Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:49 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question Childminding

We are off to Canberra as soon as the house is sold and OH is thinking of maybe doing childminding as a job.Does anybody know what courses need to be done to gain the qualifications needed?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Childminding

Hi

Childminding is called Family Day Care in Australia. Here's all the info on getting started http://www.letsgetbuilding.com.au/

Leigh
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:17 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
We are off to Canberra as soon as the house is sold and OH is thinking of maybe doing childminding as a job.Does anybody know what courses need to be done to gain the qualifications needed?
Are you a childminder now? I am moving to Canberra next year and would be interested to to know which area you are in. I have loads of links and 'stuff' for particular areas re: child care (but from a parents point of view) so perhaps the links could help you link up with some groups/organisations etc.

I have had my childminder (not day care) for five years and I am dreading having to hunt around for something else. They don't seem to big on childminders as we know them in Canberra but on day care places (playschemes). If I find out anything more carers in the home (childminders) I will pm you.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Are you a childminder now? I am moving to Canberra next year and would be interested to to know which area you are in. I have loads of links and 'stuff' for particular areas re: child care (but from a parents point of view) so perhaps the links could help you link up with some groups/organisations etc.

I have had my childminder (not day care) for five years and I am dreading having to hunt around for something else. They don't seem to big on childminders as we know them in Canberra but on day care places (playschemes). If I find out anything more carers in the home (childminders) I will pm you.
Childminders are called 'family daycare' here. I am in the process of applying to become a family daycarer, shame your not coming to Perth, LOL

Nicky x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:19 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you just tie them up outside the pub with a bucket of water nearby?!?!?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Hi, My Husband and I (and 2 daughters aged 9 and 7) have decided we'd like to try to move over to Australia. He's a Computer Engineer and Im a registered childminder. Does anyone know if my Certificate of childminding is taken into account when applying for one in Australia or do I have to begin the registering process from scratch?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:39 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Don't you just tie them up outside the pub with a bucket of water nearby?!?!?
Isn't that what you do with a husband? Or has that been outlawed now?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Hi, My Husband and I (and 2 daughters aged 9 and 7) have decided we'd like to try to move over to Australia. He's a Computer Engineer and Im a registered childminder. Does anyone know if my Certificate of childminding is taken into account when applying for one in Australia or do I have to begin the registering process from scratch?
Also It doesn't appear that my childminding is taken into account for the points system. Anyone know any different?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

*Bump*
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Hi,

I am a level 3 childcare worker and they would only give me points if I had a degree in childcare. My husband is in IT also and we had to just use his points. We had to do the investment option to gain the extra points.

I think it depends on what visa your going on. We contacted lots of different agencys and got free advice and got enough points to go on a 136 visa.

Good luck and get some free advice from agencies even if you dont use them, cause it will put your mind and rest.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you need a Blue Card to work with children - in QLD anyway. Oh and that's not the safety in the workplace blue card.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charmed
Hi,

I am a level 3 childcare worker and they would only give me points if I had a degree in childcare. My husband is in IT also and we had to just use his points. We had to do the investment option to gain the extra points.

I think it depends on what visa your going on. We contacted lots of different agencys and got free advice and got enough points to go on a 136 visa.

Good luck and get some free advice from agencies even if you dont use them, cause it will put your mind and rest.

Thank you Charmed