Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Childcare Mt Eliza

Childcare Mt Eliza

Old Apr 6th 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

taylor1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare Mt Eliza

Hi does anyone know any good childcare centres or child minders in this area I have tried a couple but the waiting lists are very long or the days you need arent available. We move to the Mt Eliza area next month but I am due to start work there v soon so am a bit desperate!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Childcare Mt Eliza

Originally Posted by taylor1
Hi does anyone know any good childcare centres or child minders in this area I have tried a couple but the waiting lists are very long or the days you need arent available. We move to the Mt Eliza area next month but I am due to start work there v soon so am a bit desperate!
Well, we live in the area. We lived in Mt Eliza, but moved to South Frankston.. but am now actively looking to buy a house in Mt Eliza since it is a lovely place.

Well, to the point. It all depends on what you are after. The upper beat Mt Eliza House (part of the peninsula school) is really good. Some friends can't do nothing but praise it. They have waiting lists and is pricey from what I understand.

Out of various reasons we ended up using Kids Campus in Mornington. It was a bit 'run down', but all the kids are really happy. Our two love it there and it's $55/day for toddlers and $42 or something for regular children (pre-school). We also tried Grasshoppers in Mornington, but did not really like that. ABC kids (which now Kids Campus is since they've just been bought up) we did not like either.

I guess it depends on where you live, what you are after, if you have a car and would be willing to travel a bit (20 minutes to Morningtong for instance) to do it or not ...

Child minders we've not tried yet. Though when you get into a childcare facility; often some of them are willing to do baby sitting. We've been asking at Kids Campus as they are really happy and one of the ladies there are really good with kids and had no problem doing child minding as long as she knew a bit in advance. I think it was $10/hour or something ...

.. which we would be happy to pay as the kids love her.

Not sure if that helped?

/Jorgen