childcare

Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

worried mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question childcare

we are in the very early stages of planning a move to perth. Can anyone out there help me find out about childcare facilities in perth?????????????? I have a 1 year old and a three year old although I am getting the picture they may need apprenticeships by the time a visa comes through!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

jorobhandm is an unknown quantity at this point

we too have young children, 4 months and 3 yrs old and would be interested in any replies to this add, as we are also thinking about emigrating to Perth.

Worried Mum, whereabout in Perth are you going?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

not got as far as where yet. still enjoying looking at lots of huge rental properties, but i haven't got as far as linking where they are to where jobs are!! What about you?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

looking at joondalup possibly, quiet location, own shops, near the beach and train straight into Perth.

My wife is a nurse and we have thought about her applying for a job at the hospital in Joondalup
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:36 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: childcare

Originally posted by worried mum
we are in the very early stages of planning a move to perth. Can anyone out there help me find out about childcare facilities in perth?????????????? I have a 1 year old and a three year old although I am getting the picture they may need apprenticeships by the time a visa comes through!!!!!!!!!

hi there,
when i was researching for childcare for the twins I started off in the online aussie yellow pages, looked at the ones who had websites. you could also just type something like 'childcare in perth' into your search engine - I found the aussie yahoo search engine quite good (www.yahoo.com.au) as it lets you search Oz sites only. There are also links on DIMIAs website.

good luck, and dont just stop at a couple of pages - I based our original decision to leave emigrating for a couple of years because of childcare costs on a fact sheet from a nursing agency and the 2 links they put on!!

Sue
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sue, i'll have a good scout round
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

I am also a nurse so jobs seem to be so plentiful that I thought I would try to establish everything else before worrying about a job for me! I am going to have a hunt for childcare details so I'll let you know if I find anything.

Thanks tiredwithtwins that helps.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Me again, just found this site, looks really useful.

even lists 'babes in arms' sessions at the Cinema.

www.wa.bubhub.com.au
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:47 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

heres the link for their national childcare accreditation council
www.ncac.gov.au

and the govts education homepage
www.dest.gov.au

sue
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

found another good site...

http://www.afcca.com.au/

it has a childcare database