Reload this Page >

Child on Parents Passport

Child on Parents Passport

Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:45 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Child on Parents Passport

I bet that someone out there knows the answer to this one

My 10 year old son doesn't have his own passport, his details are included onto a page in my wife's passport.

I assume therefore that when we (eventually) get the visas that both my wifes and my sons will be inserted into this one passport ?

Has anyone ever been in this situation and if so then did you meet with any difficulties at AUS immigration because of this ?

I'm wondering now whether it would be worthwhile applying for a seperate passport for my son before the visas arrive, but then again all of our existing passport numbers have already been sent to DIMIA in various forms so I guess that doing this could open up a real can of worms ! - even possibly delay the whole process :scared: ?

What to do ???
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I may well be wrong (no kids, so never taken much notice) but don't children have to have their own passports now?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:57 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Pollyana
I may well be wrong (no kids, so never taken much notice) but don't children have to have their own passports now?
I always thought they did my children have dual nationality and have their own OZ and UK passports.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:00 pm
99.99999% there !

That's certainly been true for new applications for the last few years.

My wife/sons passport was 10 year one and has something like 5 years to run. I checked and it's still okay to travel with this, infact we've been abroad several times using it. We sometimes get a curios look at foreign immigrations desks and I have to explain it to them but it's been no worse than that.....so far anyway !
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:06 pm
99.99999% there !

Hmm, I got the following info from the UK Passport Service website :-

http://www.passportagency.gov.uk/_1_...s/1_babies.asp

Children included on Passports before 5th October 1998
Before 5th October 1998 many children were already included on a valid passport. These children can still continue to travel abroad with the passport holder until either:

The child reaches the age of 16.
The passport on which the child is included expires.
The passport on which the child is included is submitted for amendment.

Remember, children cannot be re-added to passports which are submitted for amendment. In these circumstances, you will need to apply for separate passports for any children who were previously included on your passport.

I wonder if "submitted for amendment" includes getting a visa put into your passport ?

Okay, I'm now more confused than I was before !
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:01 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child on Parents Passport

Originally posted by EssexNobby

My 10 year old son doesn't have his own passport, his details are included onto a page in my wife's passport.

I assume therefore that when we (eventually) get the visas that both my wifes and my sons will be inserted into this one passport ?

Has anyone ever been in this situation and if so then did you meet with any difficulties at AUS immigration because of this ?

I'm wondering now whether it would be worthwhile applying for a seperate passport for my son before the visas arrive, but then again all of our existing passport numbers have already been sent to DIMIA in various forms so I guess that doing this could open up a real can of worms ! - even possibly delay the whole process :scared: ?

What to do ???

Yes you do need seperate passports.
Although you will gain acceptance for PR, Australia house will not issue the visa,s. We know we had this problem.
Passports only took 1 week to get renewed so it is well worth doing anyway.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

What to do ???
We had the same problem so we got the kids new passports. Our agent notified ASPC of the new passport numbers, and now they have nice new passports with their very own visa inside

Make sue the numbers on the visa match the passport numbers though.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:31 pm
99.99999% there !

Thanks everyone for advice.

Looks like new passports for wife and kiddie are the way to go. Oh well, at least it'll be another 10 years before we have to go through that palava again !

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:43 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Happened to me.....

Thanks everyone for advice.

Looks like new passports for wife and kiddie are the way to go. Oh well, at least it'll be another 10 years before we have to go through that palava again !

Cheers

I had four years left on my passport....... and all of my children (5 ov em) were included on it.......

Our agent advised that we all had separate ones.... did not come cheap i must say!!!!

which is what we did.......

When my 10 yr passport came back....... they had given me an extra year for the lost ones....... i know its not 4 years but its better than nothing!!!!!....

Love Boomie.........
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

After sending off our app and meds etc we realised that it might be better to get a passport for daughter (on mine) and me.
We sent a change of details form and certified copies of the biopages.
We reckon that we must have had our visa granted before they got our new passport info and visas have been now added to all the passports without any probs or queries.

Muzzman
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:08 pm
99.99999% there !

Thanks Muzzman, that's made it sound a whole lot more bearable.

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:12 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

What to do ???
============================================
Hiya..........I have just been through same thing.

Need seperate passports for kids to go to OZ. Advice is to do it now or asap.

You need childs birth certificate to send with application. Suggest you get post office to check details {pay extra £5.00 but worth it]as different parts of passoport forms to fill in to adults.

Need to get someone to evidence & sign passport form to say that it is your wifes child [if currently on wifes passport].

Incidentally.....if original passport number and new passport number is different....ask for DIMIA form 1022 [available on DIMIA website]. This form notifies DIMIA of any material changes [this is normally sent out just before visa granted just in case things like this have changed since application submitted].

Hope this helps?
Phoenixuk2oz

Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived in October with both my kids on my passport, had four years left and had no problems at immigration
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Yes you do need seperate passports.
Although you will gain acceptance for PR, Australia house will not issue the visa,s. We know we had this problem.
Passports only took 1 week to get renewed so it is well worth doing anyway.

Australia house issued mine, i stood and watched while they did it, i'm confused, perhaps the rules have changed since last year
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:25 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by hevs
Australia house issued mine, i stood and watched while they did it, i'm confused, perhaps the rules have changed since last year
-------------------------------------------------

Hi Hevs

Our passports required renewing.........I wonder if we were advised to get seperate child passports due to new legislation? [children were previously on mine].

I seem to remember they no longer issue new passports with children included........hence we got seperate.

Maybe current passports with children included are OK?

Phoenixuk2oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.