Reload this Page >

Child friendly adventure holidays

Child friendly adventure holidays

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

wannabwarma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child friendly adventure holidays

Hello there (and Happy New Year!)

I'm after any advice, or experiences you've had of adventure holidays for families, accessible from Melbourne East (was thinking upto 10 hour drive??)

I've got 3 kids....(full on) boys aged 6, 7 and 9....and I am trying to arrange our first holiday together

Ideally, I would love a venue that is very 'activity' centered... eg...canoeing/ snorkeling/ cycling/ climbing/ walking trails etc etc etc... not just soley for kids, or soley for adults, something that we can do as a family. Am thinking a kind of version of Centre Parks - except GOOD!

We aren't set up to camp/ explore on our own (no tents, canoes, vehicles large enough for 5 bikes etc) so the centre would have to provide a cabin(???)and all equipment.

I've googled adventure holidays, but can't find anything suitable (although i'm sure I've seen something on here before).

If anyone knows of anywhere I can look at, or if anyone has first hand experience of such a place - PLEASE let me know.

Regards to you all

Wannabe xx
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child friendly adventure holidays

When you try and search for these sort of trips, Queensland and the Gold Coast come up a lot, don't they? I found a couple of links:

http://www.holidayswithkids.com.au/t...awards#Anchor5
http://www.littleexplorers.com.au/cm...l.php?iid=3655

Perhaps also look at Tasmania (campervan?) or Kangaroo Island, where the boat component of the trip is a big thing for kids.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child friendly adventure holidays

The town of Bright in Victoria looked like a cracker of a place for an active family holiday.

Beautiful spot with lovely creek with water slides into the creek for kids of all ages, lovely trees and parks.

Families on bikes everywhere - though there was some sort of bike rally on when we were there - hills, walks etc. Would have loved to stay a while.

Look at the "activities & adventure" link on their website...seems to be companies who provide equipment, tours etc...

http://www.brightvictoria.com.au/?id=home