Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child care qualifications

Child care qualifications

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default Child care qualifications

Hello all i was wondering if anyone who has qualifications in child care has had them assesed or compared to Australia child care qualifications as this is the field of work i will be in if we move to Adelaide.

Many thanks Helen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child care qualifications

Helen,

Attached tells you what Aus quals are accepted in SA. Other states tell you what overseas quals are acceptable. There are contact details at the bottom. Drop them an email with your diploma name and date of graduation. Don't be surprised if they want to see evidence of ongoing education since graduation through attending short-courses on child protection, etc.

There is a shortage of qualified childcare workers so getting something straightaway will be easy. I think Teresa was on about $20/hr via ABC.

We are in Melbourne so can't be more specific.

http://www.childcare.sa.gov.au/ybspr...ifications.pdf

Google 'approved childcare qualifications' for other states.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Helen,

Attached tells you what Aus quals are accepted in SA. Other states tell you what overseas quals are acceptable. There are contact details at the bottom. Drop them an email with your diploma name and date of graduation. Don't be surprised if they want to see evidence of ongoing education since graduation through attending short-courses on child protection, etc.

There is a shortage of qualified childcare workers so getting something straightaway will be easy. I think Teresa was on about $20/hr via ABC.

We are in Melbourne so can't be more specific.

http://www.childcare.sa.gov.au/ybspr...ifications.pdf

Google 'approved childcare qualifications' for other states.

Ian
Hi Ian thank you for your reply will take a look i have been looking seem to be lots of ABC schools in SA so fingers crossed.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi ya

We are looking to move to Adelaide July (if we ever get this visa) and I have a NVQ2 in childcare. I have been in touch with ABC and Select and they have both told me I wil have no problem finding work as childcare works are thin on the ground.

Got to get my quilification changed over and will more that likely have to do another child protection course and 1st aid course

Got the info somewhere when I find it I'll pm you with it.

Pay awards were about $540 per week full time (don't no what the hours are thou) that was for my level.

Hope this helps

tina x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi ya

We are looking to move to Adelaide July (if we ever get this visa) and I have a NVQ2 in childcare. I have been in touch with ABC and Select and they have both told me I wil have no problem finding work as childcare works are thin on the ground.

Got to get my quilification changed over and will more that likely have to do another child protection course and 1st aid course

Got the info somewhere when I find it I'll pm you with it.

Pay awards were about $540 per week full time (don't no what the hours are thou) that was for my level.

Hope this helps

tina x
Thank you that helps loads will be great if you can pm details and good luck with your move.

Helen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:37 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

hiya

we moved over to Brisbane and i was in childcare in England i have an nvq 2 in early years and child care (i think)and got mine assessed when we arrived so i could get work and it came back that my nvq was a cert 3 over here .

i worked at an abc centre for a year and with a cert 3 you can be a group leader or an assistant

you get paid roughly $22 hour if your on call but it goes down quite a bit if you take a permanent job at a centre.i was never out of work when i was on call each morning the phone would ring or even the day before if they knew someone would be off.

i work in a school now as a teacher aide so don't know if there has been any change but i only left last Oct

hope this helps

Lisa
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frogboy
hiya

we moved over to Brisbane and i was in childcare in England i have an nvq 2 in early years and child care (i think)and got mine assessed when we arrived so i could get work and it came back that my nvq was a cert 3 over here .

i worked at an abc centre for a year and with a cert 3 you can be a group leader or an assistant

you get paid roughly $22 hour if your on call but it goes down quite a bit if you take a permanent job at a centre.i was never out of work when i was on call each morning the phone would ring or even the day before if they knew someone would be off.

i work in a school now as a teacher aide so don't know if there has been any change but i only left last Oct

hope this helps

Lisa
Thank you that does help i hope to work in ABC centres.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Thank you that helps loads will be great if you can pm details and good luck with your move.

Helen

Hi helen have just PM you

Tina x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

hiya

hope this helps

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

If you don't mind me asking, was it easy for you to get a position as a teacher's aid and what is the wage's like ?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:44 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi Helen,
thanks for this thread, I have NVQ 3 and I'm hoping to continue working in childcare when in oz, thanks also for informative replies everyone
I love BE
kate
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:04 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

hiya

no it wasn't easy it was the same old things as back in the uk the job had already gone but they still had to advertise it.it took me a year to get a job in a school even though i had been doing it for a few years in England !!!!

the pay is different everywhere from , about $18-$25 from what ive seen but the hours are great and you get school hols off

if i can help any more just let me know

Lisa
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

hiya

no it wasn't easy it was the same old things as back in the uk the job had already gone but they still had to advertise it.it took me a year to get a job in a school even though i had been doing it for a few years in England !!!!

the pay is different everywhere from , about $18-$25 from what ive seen but the hours are great and you get school hols off

Lisa
hi lisa

hope you don't mind me asking but do you get paid for the school holidays?
here at the minute if your a classroom assistant you don't get paid but if your a nursery assistant you do

caroline
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

hiya

Lisa
Thanks Lisa, I would be interested to see if you get paid for the school holiday's too.
The hour's suit me as i am a mum of 3 young children
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:41 am
Here At Last!!

hiya

no i don't get paid for hols but you can ask if you can have your salary annual so you get a lower rate each month but get paid over the hols

lisa
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Lisa that's really useful info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.