Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

child care coordinator

child care coordinator

Old Jan 6th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default child care coordinator

Anyone applying to TRA for modl- child care coordinator???
Old Jan 6th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

beetleman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: child care coordinator

HI
My wife will be sending her stuff of to the TRA , If we get the go ahead from
the agents.
Is there somthing we need to know about,
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: child care coordinator

Hi, no, nothing to worry about- it's amazing that its on modl!!! just wanted to chat to someone about what qualifications they've got and experience etc and share research and that sort of stuff really. I've got Nvq 3 finished 2002 and foundation degree finished may 2006. I've been working as a Line manager for Ta's and Nursery Nurses for 3 years - 6 yrs in a school and nursery full time. Just getting all the stuff together at mo for tra, evidence on everything i do etc.... . Whats your wifes experience and quals and where do you want to go to in aus???
Sam
Old Jan 6th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

what kind of evidence do you need to provide?
are you using an agent?
we have family in QL...so hope to start there
sounds like you will have no worries with your recent qualifications and 3 years experience my understanding is as long as you meet the Aussie Child care coordinator guidelines in your current role you will be accepted
good luck
Old Jan 6th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've got sister-in-law in Ipswich, Brisbane, but not using them, especially now child care coordinator is on modl. No, not using agent -yet! trying to assemble everything ourselves. From what ive read the tra want you to provide every little detail with regards to what you do on a day to day basis, so i'm writing statement after statement, which the head teacher will then have to sign.....they also want to know the hours and stuff of courses which i haven't got a clue of my nvq. I think they compare study hours against the aus diploma of children's services which is 2 years full time, thats my worry cause i'm not sure if the nvq meets that!!
Have you come across this?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

My wife has only just sent CV to agent and she too needed to include a transcript of her course...unfortunately this was the NNEB and therefore some years ago!
She currently works as a manager of a preschool, hoping that her experience and ongoing professional development will provide adequate evidence in line with the Australian training. However nothing is simple and we can forsee alot of paperwork ahead!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

another worry for me is i only work with 3-5yrs and not 0-2, how about your OH?
its just a shady area cause assessment bodies changed to tra,its recently gone onto modl, and not many people have shared their experience of tra and child care coordinatort. I did read some other threads though that were quite positive, implying that since its gone on modl the tra are a little more relaxed, as it used to be the case that you needed a ba hons degree!

Well, it would be great to keep in touch and see how you get along! If i get any info i'll pass it onto you.
Do you mind me asking what agent you are using?

someone on here had nneb from 198? and that was fine, i'll try and find the thread for you, and your wife has impressive experience so i wouldn't worry too much!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,
Just looking into the tra at the moment and am interested in any info you can give me. I am NNEB trained many years ago and have just started my foundation degree.
Do you think going through an agency is worth it (not sure what they charge yet) or doing it yourself.
Would be grateful for any advice etc like colating a portfolio etc.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Hi

My wife passed her TRA in November this year She has NVQ levels 2 & 3, plus a foundation degree completed in 2005.

Qualifications are measured against the Australian Diploma in Childrens Services. In your statements you should build it up year on year - eg first year of training general cleaning and helping senior staff, then feeding and changing so on and so on. Also try and put in what educational equipment you use building blocks, puzzles etc etc. In my opinion you can't give enough information, put everything in even if it sounds trivial.

Check this link for more info:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...sSheetFAQs.pdf

Below is a reply I received from TRA answering the same queries you have:

Thank you for your email of 7 October 2006.

It is difficult to provide you with a definitive answer to your request
as I do not have all the details of your formal qualifications including
the name of the training institution(s), subjects and competencies
covered and etc.

However, based on the information contained in your email I have been
able to provide you with the information below regarding how Trades
Recognition Australia (TRA)considers equivalent UK formal qualifications
for assessment purposes.

Level 3 is the requirement in the UK for British-trained people to
become managers of childcare services for children under 8.

More information about British qualifications can be found at

http://eypquals.cwdcouncil.org.uk/public/.

http://www.openquals.org.uk/openqual...ultSetNumber=2

The Children's Workforce Qualifications Website has now transferred to
the Children's Workforce Development Council (CWDC). The CWDC will be
responsible for maintaining and updating the site, including mapping
future qualifications for subsequent placement on the website. The
Council will also take on the role of answering qualification enquiries
on behalf of the Department for Education and Skills.

TRA will compare the academic subjects and competencies you have
completed against the Australian Diploma in Children's Services. It is
important for you to provide evidence of all subjects and competencies
completed within your qualification.

I hope this information will be of help to you.

Good luck to all

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Thanks for the information it all seems like a minefield at the moment. Hope all goes well with your wife and yourself.
Claire
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Ian,
Thanks for adding all that useful info! Your wifes qualifications sound pretty simular to my own (only i haven't got NVQ2) . Can i ask you? - do you know if the tra looked at the time scale of the NVQ3 to compare it to the two years of the australian diploma?
and, did you use an agent?

Thanks Sam
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sam,

Sorry I don't know how they work out timescales but OH did the NVQ 3 over a two year period, in house training plus day release so wasn't a 2 year full time course.

Google Australian Diploma in Children's Services - it will direct you to course providers. If you dig around they will show all the units covered and their contents.

Also bear in mind that this is technically a management position, so if you do your work experience from the very beginning and then show how you worked your way to the manager/supervisor role. Management things should include things like hiring & firing, billing, timesheets, training new starters, using computers(excel microsoft word), security of building, health & safety etc

We used Overseas Emigration for our TRA and visa. If you want any more info PM me.

Hope this helps

Ian.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Cheryl Fears is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: child care coordinator

Originally Posted by ian_s
Hi Sam,

Sorry I don't know how they work out timescales but OH did the NVQ 3 over a two year period, in house training plus day release so wasn't a 2 year full time course.

Google Australian Diploma in Children's Services - it will direct you to course providers. If you dig around they will show all the units covered and their contents.

Also bear in mind that this is technically a management position, so if you do your work experience from the very beginning and then show how you worked your way to the manager/supervisor role. Management things should include things like hiring & firing, billing, timesheets, training new starters, using computers(excel microsoft word), security of building, health & safety etc

We used Overseas Emigration for our TRA and visa. If you want any more info PM me.

Hope this helps

Ian.
Hi Ian, I wonder if you might be able to help me, I have a foundation degree in early years Im sure my qualification is ok, but I have not had any experience of managing a setting as I am not graduating until Sept 06, I am 44 years old, so I do not have the time to gain this experience, do you know if they except people with the qualification and allow them to gain the experience over there?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cheryl!

I'm just sending my TRA off now, done loads of research! Unfortunately, you have to have three years post qualification, senior experience.

Have a look on on the tra website there is a fact sheet which states the requirements - www.workplace.gov.au
go to useful links and then child care coordinator fact sheet.

Do you have an nvq3 or equivalent?? if you gained this over 3 years ago you may be eligible.

Sam
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi everyone
Just curious how much info have you got to send off, just at the looking at the tra at the moment. If i have to write statements for everything it will take months as i have been in childcare for many years, have you written a statement for everything you have done or just managerial items.
It just seems a hugh task and i'm not sure where to start
Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.