child care

Old May 2nd 2004, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default child care

hi there,hope someone can help,my family and i are moving to perth next year, we have two children under five and are worried about chidcare,i would really appreciate any info to help reassure us, grateful for any replies,thanks,martin.
Old May 2nd 2004, 12:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: child care

Originally posted by fitz
hi there,hope someone can help,my family and i are moving to perth next year, we have two children under five and are worried about chidcare,i would really appreciate any info to help reassure us, grateful for any replies,thanks,martin.
hi fitz,
i have tons of stuff about childcare in South aus, which obviously is of no use at all to you!! (anyone want any info on SA childcare let me know!!)
However.....i found this a good starting point....and try the Aus yellow pages online directory for specific childcare providers in the area you want...many have websites, or email addresses to request info etc.
www.ncac.gov.au/

good luck, and if you find anything interesting dont forget to post it up for others...!!!!

sue

Old May 2nd 2004, 12:29 pm
ABCDiamond

What particular aspect of Child Care are you worried about ?

Here are a few threads to read..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=child+care

Old May 2nd 2004, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi fitz,
i have tons of stuff about childcare in South aus, which obviously is of no use at all to you!! (anyone want any info on SA childcare let me know!!)
However.....i found this a good starting point....and try the Aus yellow pages online directory for specific childcare providers in the area you want...many have websites, or email addresses to request info etc.
www.ncac.gov.au/

good luck, and if you find anything interesting dont forget to post it up for others...!!!!

sue

hi sue,thanks for the quick reply,i'll try the website you suggested,many thanks,martin.
Old May 2nd 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What particular aspect of Child Care are you worried about ?

Here are a few threads to read..

thanks for the reply,my main worries are opening hours for childcare centres as my wife is a midwife and will be working a shift pattern,as yet i don't know what i'll be doing,but willing to try anything so we are unsure of times for childcare,i appreciate the help,thanks,martin.
Old May 2nd 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply,my main worries are opening hours for childcare centres as my wife is a midwife and will be working a shift pattern,as yet i don't know what i'll be doing,but willing to try anything so we are unsure of times for childcare,i appreciate the help,thanks,martin.

Our day care runs from 07:00 to 18:00. It's pretty cheap at about $12 per morning and $14 for the afternoon including a snack. They do excursions and are available on school training days/holidays.

The only issue is you get stung for big bucks if you pick up late. Other than that, much cheaper than our UK arrangements, good activities and TV only brought out for bad weather or special events.
Old May 2nd 2004, 1:17 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Nibbs
Our day care runs from 07:00 to 18:00. It's pretty cheap at about $12 per morning and $14 for the afternoon including a snack. They do excursions and are available on school training days/holidays.

The only issue is you get stung for big bucks if you pick up late. Other than that, much cheaper than our UK arrangements, good activities and TV only brought out for bad weather or special events.
Nibbs
Are those prices before or after the Child Care Benefit ?

Old May 2nd 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs
Are those prices before or after the Child Care Benefit ?

That's full price.

Dunno anything about child care benefit. H looked into it but felt a bit churlish about taking it. It wasn't much anyway.
Old May 2nd 2004, 1:31 pm
ABCDiamond

That's full price.

Dunno anything about child care benefit. H looked into it but felt a bit churlish about taking it. It wasn't much anyway.
I think that it's worth mentioning it for those that may benefit.

It depends on income, and can be as high as, at least 84% of the cost being rebated.

Therefore, someone on maximum benefit would not pay $26 per day, as you do, but only $4.20 per day.

It is worth checking on the web link above what benefits may be available.

Old May 3rd 2004, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Highjack alert!!

MG that explains why NNEB nursery nurses only get paib $500-900 a month. and why the Gov. are crying out for NNEBs I was thinking of applying for the RSMS as NNEB but don't see I can live off that low salary!
Old May 3rd 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by helinuk
Highjack alert!!

MG that explains why NNEB nursery nurses only get paib $500-900 a month. and why the Gov. are crying out for NNEBs I was thinking of applying for the RSMS as NNEB but don't see I can live off that low salary!

Possibly but I think it is just heavily subsidised. Places like Mulberry Tree are much more expensive. I'll get H to ask around as I think she knows a couple of people in child care
Old May 4th 2004, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Flippin heck Nibbs!!! Our daycare is the cheapest one in our area and the fulltime prices are $195 (ages 3-5) and $205 (under 3) per week (before childcare benefit).

A move to Wattle Grove maybe!!!
Old May 4th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Flippin heck Nibbs!!! Our daycare is the cheapest one in our area and the fulltime prices are $195 (ages 3-5) and $205 (under 3) per week (before childcare benefit).

A move to Wattle Grove maybe!!!

Yeah Dianne, I was pretty shocked too. Still seems to be the way it is although they have tried to bill us for the public holiday last week!

Young nibbs seems pretty happy with it (they had macroni cheese for tea today so he was pretty chuffed). I reckon they make their cash up on late fees
Old May 4th 2004, 10:57 pm
ABCDiamond

although they have tried to bill us for the public holiday last week!
That just reminded me. I "think" that they do charge for Public Holidays, even though they are closed !

I am not 100% certain, (my memory fails me regularly), but I think I recall having this discussion with our Child care centre some time back. And the answer was that it is in the contract that we pay. I also vaguely recall that one of the "few" days that we didn't need to pay for was Christmas Day !

Can anyone clarify the current situation ?

Old May 5th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

That just reminded me. I "think" that they do charge for Public Holidays, even though they are closed !

I am not 100% certain, (my memory fails me regularly), but I think I recall having this discussion with our Child care centre some time back. And the answer was that it is in the contract that we pay. I also vaguely recall that one of the "few" days that we didn't need to pay for was Christmas Day !

Can anyone clarify the current situation ?

They do indeed charge for public holidays but at least they do give you the ability to cancel a day.

Shouldn't have affected us as we didn't sign him up until the day after the holiday. I'll send H up there to scare them :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.