Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Chemical Brothers......?

The Chemical Brothers......?

Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default The Chemical Brothers......?

Are part of Big Day Out Perth in Feb..........Anyone young enough ? I saw them In Milan in 1999 and they were amazing.......Come on.....maybe your kids have heard of them......
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Chemical Brothers......?

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Are part of Big Day Out Perth in Feb..........Anyone young enough ? I saw them In Milan in 1999 and they were amazing.......Come on.....maybe your kids have heard of them......
Superstar DJs, here we go ... Block Rockin' Beats indeed
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Superstar DJs, here we go ... Block Rockin' Beats indeed
Can you hear me now.........did I pass the acid test........Perhaps Richard Ashcroft's greatest cameo.....? Bout time we had a Big Beat discussion on here.........
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Can you hear me now.........did I pass the acid test........Perhaps Richard Ashcroft's greatest cameo.....? Bout time we had a Big Beat discussion on here.........
I lost interest in the Chemical Brothers after the first album really (Exit Planet Dust), the later UK singles were pretty good but started to sound a bit samey to me.

I went through a Big Beat phase for a bit ... I've even got a Midfield General album kicking around somewhere ... Fatboy is good for a laugh, the latest album isn't the greatest but it's still got interesting bits for my taste anyway.

I saw The Chemical Brothers at a festival in the UK (don't ask me which one!) and they were top, I was thinking of getting to the Big Day Out but some personal stuff may get in the way ... I'll have to see how it goes

I'd like to see The Beastie Boys, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and The Donnas as well.

Have you got your tickets yet?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I lost interest in the Chemical Brothers after the first album really (Exit Planet Dust), the later UK singles were pretty good but started to sound a bit samey to me.

I went through a Big Beat phase for a bit ... I've even got a Midfield General album kicking around somewhere ... Fatboy is good for a laugh, the latest album isn't the greatest but it's still got interesting bits for my taste anyway.

I saw The Chemical Brothers at a festival in the UK (don't ask me which one!) and they were top, I was thinking of getting to the Big Day Out but some personal stuff may get in the way ... I'll have to see how it goes

I'd like to see The Beastie Boys, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and The Donnas as well.

Have you got your tickets yet?
No not yet, I'm keen on seeing the Streets too. I saw them at the Massive Attack gig at Queens Sq Bristol 8/03. V good....

Fat Boy was great as well as you say at the same time and always good for a laugh....... Palookaville is not sensational, but Jesus, number 4 is always going to be a bit tricky.....

The thing I remember about the Chemical Bros is they wore those laser/lamps on their head during Private Psychedelic Reel sending the crowd into a rabbit in the headlight type spin.......maybe I was a bit mashed........
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

No not yet, I'm keen on seeing the Streets too. I saw them at the Massive Attack gig at Queens Sq Bristol 8/03. V good....

Fat Boy was great as well as you say at the same time and always good for a laugh....... Palookaville is not sensational, but Jesus, number 4 is always going to be a bit tricky.....

The thing I remember about the Chemical Bros is they wore those laser/lamps on their head during Private Psychedelic Reel sending the crowd into a rabbit in the headlight type spin.......maybe I was a bit mashed........
Not seen Massive Attack, that's a band that I missed ... managed to see Portishead at a festival but I'd rather see bands like that in a small club.

I've got a couple of Fatboy mixes (Live at the Beach, that sort of thing) and they are pretty good, he's done some good stuff all the way back to Beats International. He's got a good ear for a catchy sample and a good drumloop.

I remember those head-lamps, I think Orbital started the trend ... ahhh, happy memories of seeing in the New Year with Orbital and Leftfield a few years back

Who are you into at the moment?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not seen Massive Attack, that's a band that I missed ... managed to see Portishead at a festival but I'd rather see bands like that in a small club.

I've got a couple of Fatboy mixes (Live at the Beach, that sort of thing) and they are pretty good, he's done some good stuff all the way back to Beats International. He's got a good ear for a catchy sample and a good drumloop.

I remember those head-lamps, I think Orbital started the trend ... ahhh, happy memories of seeing in the New Year with Orbital and Leftfield a few years back

Who are you into at the moment?
Your avatar......Bueller, bueller...is it ?

Seen Massive twice.....last year and once in Brixton. Funny just speaking to a bloke about Leftism the other day at work.

Apart from that, just a little bit of history repeating itself......or was that the the Propellerheads......

Was it Orbital or Underworld with the headlights.....?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Your avatar......Bueller, bueller...is it ?

Seen Massive twice.....last year and once in Brixton. Funny just speaking to a bloke about Leftism the other day at work.

Apart from that, just a little bit of history repeating itself......or was that the the Propellerheads......

Was it Orbital or Underworld with the headlights.....?
Good venue, the Brixton Academy I take it? I was chatting to someone on here about Leftism this week, it's the sort of album that never dates.

Propellerheads, another good band ... especially the Shirely Bassey thing.

I even bought a Bentley Rhythm Ace album one

Definitely Orbital with the lights! Saaaaaataaaannn
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:14 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Seen them before at Homelands.. Brilliant..

And will be seeing them again at the Gold Coast Big Day Out... Cant wait.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 9:37 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

We saw the Chemical Brothers and the Beastie Boys at festivals in Holland (A Camping Flight to Lowlands Paradise )
's alright, but I prefer guitar/rock/folk whatever you want to call it...

So looking forward to System of a Down, Powderfinger, JOHN BUTLER TRIO!!!
Haven't heard of many of the rest, but there's some more good ones in there. Eskimo Joe I think I like.

Better not be sold out, I better hurry up and get tickets!!!

http://www.bigdayout.com/lineup/artists.php
Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

red back is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Checked them out in Sankey Soaps in Manchester about a month ago back, emmm, yeah, if i remember correctly, they took the roof off!!! One messy night out...
Old Nov 28th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red back
Hi,

Checked them out in Sankey Soaps in Manchester about a month ago back, emmm, yeah, if i remember correctly, they took the roof off!!! One messy night out...
It's funny, I've been to more messy dance gigs since I've been here than in a month of Sundays in the UK. Seen Groove Armada and Faithless in the last month......Rock on man.....
Old Nov 28th 2004, 1:56 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny, I've been to more messy dance gigs since I've been here than in a month of Sundays in the UK. Seen Groove Armada and Faithless in the last month......Rock on man.....
lol at your sig!!

The Freo Ferals... my friends used to live in Freo, and one of them 'hung out' with the 'ferals' there

I know they often were at Gino's. Is that still a feral hang out?

Yeah, there's quite a bit going on in Perth hey? Not everything comes here, but there's still more than plenty!!!

Big day out
REM is coming in April....
Cirque de Soleil in July...
Old Nov 29th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Simone
lol at your sig!!

The Freo Ferals... my friends used to live in Freo, and one of them 'hung out' with the 'ferals' there

I know they often were at Gino's. Is that still a feral hang out?

Yeah, there's quite a bit going on in Perth hey? Not everything comes here, but there's still more than plenty!!!

Big day out
REM is coming in April....
Cirque de Soleil in July...
Not sure about Gino's, my dreads aren't long enough to be accepted by the A crowd......

Yeah plenty on the radar over the coming 6 months....
Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Saw them in Pompey in 1996 (I think?) and at another festival (Phoenix?)... I've kind of retired from all that stuff now...(2 kids in tow now) but have enjoyed Leftfield and Massive Attack in my time. The first Leftfield album was the best though IMHO.
BTW What us Big Day Out like? I wouldn't mind going if it's fairly chilled out. Are any of the festivals "child friendly"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.