Chefs

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

THE THOMSONS will become famous soon enoughTHE THOMSONS will become famous soon enough
Smile Chefs

Calling any Chefs out there.
James
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chefs

Originally Posted by THE THOMSONS
Calling any Chefs out there.
James
Hi,

What can I do for you?

Mick
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

THE THOMSONS will become famous soon enoughTHE THOMSONS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Hi,

What can I do for you?

Mick
G'day Mate,
I am constantly hearing that there is such a shortage of chefs in Auz,this would normally mean that the ones that are there or going there are going to be working there bollocks off.
James
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Mate,
I am constantly hearing that there is such a shortage of chefs in Auz,this would normally mean that the ones that are there or going there are going to be working there bollocks off.
James
I hope not I do enough of that already!!!!!!

Hopefully there will be more to choose from but I could be wrong....

What stage/ where are you at?

Mick
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Chefs

I hope not I do enough of that already!!!!!!

Hopefully there will be more to choose from but I could be wrong....

What stage/ where are you at?

Mick
G'day Mick,
Had medicals today,so hopefully have some word back before August.What about you? and are you going to look for work as a Chef when you get there.
James
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Youre much further ahead than me. My tra docs arrived with our agent in oz yesterday so am waiting for the email saying ive got more to do. (hope not it took me ages).

Will hopefully do the same there as it is pretty much all I can do!! Have you looked into jobs? What were the wages like, all I seem to find on the job sites are wages on application. Are they that bad?

Would like to keep in touch as how your are doing. Not too many chefs to chat to. Probably because we're all mad in our line of work speaking for myself of course!

Mick
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Youre much further ahead than me. My tra docs arrived with our agent in oz yesterday so am waiting for the email saying ive got more to do. (hope not it took me ages).

Will hopefully do the same there as it is pretty much all I can do!! Have you looked into jobs? What were the wages like, all I seem to find on the job sites are wages on application. Are they that bad?

Would like to keep in touch as how your are doing. Not too many chefs to chat to. Probably because we're all mad in our line of work speaking for myself of course!

Mick
Hi Mick,no problem with keeping in touch,will give you as much info as I can to help you along.Our agent was OE Visas,we seemed to do an awful lot of work towards our application and pay them for the privilage.Head/Executive Chefs salaries range from$50,0000 to $80,000 for Melbourne.Two sites for you to look at are www.byron.com.au and www.seek.com.au.

James
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mick,no problem with keeping in touch,will give you as much info as I can to help you along.Our agent was OE Visas,we seemed to do an awful lot of work towards our application and pay them for the privilage.Head/Executive Chefs salaries range from$50,0000 to $80,000 for Melbourne.Two sites for you to look at are www.byron.com.au and www.seek.com.au.

James
We own a restaurant and are self -employed which causes a bit more grief.I think I put in about 20-30 pages on my statementbut I can't get replies from previous employers because the have either changed hands or closed or they do not keep records after 6 years...what did you do?
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:56 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough

We own a restaurant and are self -employed which causes a bit more grief.I think I put in about 20-30 pages on my statementbut I can't get replies from previous employers because the have either changed hands or closed or they do not keep records after 6 years...what did you do?
Hi Mick,we got issered are visa's last week and hope to be heading to Sydney Jan ,any cook/chef jobs i write off to dont reply,and i'm only asking about the term of employment,hols,wages etc,not asking for a job.Bean cooking for 26 years now [boy that makes me feel old]and just hope its not as hard to get a job.
Cheers Andy
Old May 24th 2005, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

I think most agencies won't consider your queries seriously until you arrive in Australia, but I can tell you from my son's experience that there seems to be no lack of work in the catering industry out here.

Good luck to you all,

Nanci
Old May 24th 2005, 7:54 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

My hubby Steve (AKA Sir Les Patterson) is a Head Chef currently. We have already submitted, failed & resubmitted the TRA a couple of weeks ago.

Hubby already has a job waiting for him. We sent many random emails to restaurants/hotels in the area we are heading for & asked if they woud be in a position to assist Steve with work (enclosed CV, etc, examples of menus he has designed, etc) and he ended up with one firm offer of work & 3 other offers of casual work - sometimes it pays to be cheeky!

Claire
x
Old May 24th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Claire, Sorry to be cheeky but how did you get the email addresses?

Micks Wife,
Georgina
Old May 24th 2005, 9:26 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Claire, Sorry to be cheeky but how did you get the email addresses?

Micks Wife,
Georgina
Hiya (again) Georgina

We used 2 methods.... first method was that we did a search on www.careerone.com.au for chefs in the area we wanted to be in & systematically went thru them all, extracting the emaila ddys as we went along. Second method was that we did some research on the net for all the hotels & restaurants in the area we wanted to go to & emailed any of them that had email addys/websites.....

Hope that helps,

Claire
x
Old May 24th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Chefs

G'day Mick,
I must have been lucky as I managed to obtain references and certification back up letters back almost 20years,altough I did condense my C.V.to suit the employers I knew I would get information back from.The impression I got from the TRA a detailed structure of training as an apprentice or commis level upwards,I cramned as much detail into it as I could.Are you looking at going across on a Skilled Visa or a Business Visa.
James

Last edited by THE THOMSONS; May 24th 2005 at 4:54 pm. Reason: forgot to use spell check
Old May 24th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'day Mick,
I must have been lucky as I managed to obtain references and certification back up letters back almost 20years,altough I did condense my C.V.to suit the employers I knew I would get information back from.The impression I got from the TRA a detailed structure of training as an apprentice or commis level upwards,I cramned as much detail into it as I could.Are you looking at going across on a Skilled Visa or a Business Visa.
James
We are going on a Skilled Visa,the business one seemed to involve a lot more stress.We have had the restaurant for 12 years,we also run a cafe and three kids 9,7and nearly 2.I was hoping to cut my hours of work for a while in Oz......Then who knows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.