Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheers for that mate..............

Cheers for that mate..............

Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheers for that mate..............

Its been a bleedin nightmare marketing our house, still no offer.

Then the bleedin Minister for whatever has advised people not to buy at the moment.
Cheers!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:49 am

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

i think there would be plenty of people who are trying to sell, who could quite happily strangle him
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheers for that mate..............

Originally posted by S Oldfield

Then the bleedin Minister for whatever has advised people not to buy at the moment.
Cheers!!!!

WHat pisses me off is the media
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!!!!

WHat pisses me off is the media.

Why are they fuelling this The markets gonna crash !!!!!

Its plain stupid.

My home is a beaut, we are on with 2 agents. Both admit the property is worth 30-50,000 more than we have it on the market for.

I have spent over £10k in recent weeks, redecorating, de personalising, doing structural enhancements. New fitted bedroom furniture etc.

And still no JOY !!

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jun 16th 2004 at 7:52 am.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:52 am

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

statements like that from the bank of england are bound to make the market crash now
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Cheers!!!!
Yeah! Couldn't agree more. We're in the same situation. Trying to sell the house and the Governor of the Bank of England sticks his oar in and advises people not to buy one.

Do you think we can sue?

regards
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:34 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

i've been expecting a call from the estate agent telling me my buyer is pulling out.

it couldn't have happend at a worse time for us lot. i just hope everyone has the common sense to realise it was only a warning about not over extending when buying a house. one way to look at it, it might actually make people want to buy a house now while they can fix a low interest rate. (well i can but hope)

good luck guys. i hope it all works out for us.

Leigh
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:34 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep

Think I should get in line with the big club.

Just put the house on the market and then up he pops spouting crap.

cheers mate.

TT

Cheers!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wish we had already had an offer under our belt....if needed we could have done a bit of negotiating.

Now it seems a problem getting them through the bloody door!!

feeling really hacked off.

Not heard a word from DIMIA since we appied last nov.
now, this shite!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Cheers!!!!

Look at this another way - when was the last time anyone took a blind bit of notice what any politican or BoE guy spouted forth when they were deciding on one of the biggest events of their lives such as moving house ?

If people want to move they may think do it quick before prices fall and they cannot sell their house, and first time buyers just want to get on the ladder rather than renting.

That's what I think anyway !! Chin up !!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:50 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Know exactly how you feel...............just getting a potential buyer through the bleedin' door would be nice!

I've still got mine on with an agent but I'm now sticking it on every internet site I can find!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
WHat pisses me off is the media
Yep, no matter what the Bank Of England say it's the media who will spin it the way thay want to report it.

I suggest we start buying (or borrowing ) every copy of the Daily (house prices to crash) Mail printed over the next few months until the story blows over. This way we may be able to keep a lid on it
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road
Default stick it on at a few k below market value,

guarenteed quick sale then!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandra

Keep that chin up Hope some luck comes your way soon.

footie x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Just wish we had already had an offer under our belt....if needed we could have done a bit of negotiating.

Now it seems a problem getting them through the bloody door!!

feeling really hacked off.

Not heard a word from DIMIA since we appied last nov.
now, this shite!!

If you haven't heard anything at all from DIMIA for 7 months then I would suggest that you email them to check that everything is in order. This is what we did because we hadn't heard anything for about the same amount of time and we got an email back saying that there was a letter in the post. It is worth hassling them a little - you have nothing to lose. In our experience, they do not put your applicatin to the bottom of the pile because you email them, which is what we were worried about. Ask them if you have been assigned a case officer yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.