Cheerios!!!!!!!

Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Cheerios!!!!!!!

The 2 cereals my kids have missed the most in the 6 months we have been here are cheerios and shreddies. I was so thrilled to find cheerios in my local safeway this morning that I bought 4 boxes!!!
I have e-mailed nestle to ask if the shreddies will be coming soon.....I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Hopefully will have some very happy kiddies for a week or so!!

Ruth
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheerios!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Pootle
The 2 cereals my kids have missed the most in the 6 months we have been here are cheerios and shreddies. I was so thrilled to find cheerios in my local safeway this morning that I bought 4 boxes!!!
I have e-mailed nestle to ask if the shreddies will be coming soon.....I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Ruth
My kids both love Cheerios too! I've been giving them Uncle Toby's OT's for the last 8 months...I think they taste pretty similar and they've not complained! However my 6-year old son has now got into Weetbix and eats 4 - yes 4! - each morning!!!

I've gotten into Dick Smith's Bushfood Breakfast myself!!

Angela
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:51 am
ABCDiamond

You are aware that these are also called cheerios here ?

Made from Pork & Beef

Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You are aware that these are also called cheerios here ?

Made from Pork & Beef
No didn't know that!!! Kids wouldn't want that for breakfast!
It's breakfast cereal in little round shapes (abit like OT's as a previous poster said)
Ruth

ps here it is:
http://www.cerealpartners.co.uk/p_cheerios.aspx
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:13 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Ruth
I've searched high and low for Cheerios. Have just told my son you've found them and he wants to move to Melbourne!
Shreddies - are they mini shredded wheat? Like Malted wheats from Tesco? Kellogs make Mini Wheats which are very similar but only sell them in tiny boxes.
Only last for four or five breakfasts! I'm sticking to Wheatbix.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webgum
I've searched high and low for Cheerios. Have just told my son you've found them and he wants to move to Melbourne!
Shreddies - are they mini shredded wheat? Like Malted wheats from Tesco? Kellogs make Mini Wheats which are very similar but only sell them in tiny boxes.
Only last for four or five breakfasts! I'm sticking to Wheatbix.

Haven't seen mini wheats so don't know if they are similar - shreddies are little squares made of wheat which look like they're criss-crossed!
See http://www.cerealpartners.co.uk/p_shreddies.aspx
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:28 am
ABCDiamond

No didn't know that!!! Kids wouldn't want that for breakfast!
Wouldn't want you asking for the wrong things

I was confused for ages, when my wife kept asking my daughter if she wanted Cheerios for Dinner, then gave her these little red sausage things

Poor kid has to be careful who she asks, for what !

Cheerios from Dad = cereal, but we don't have any !!
Cheerios from Mum = Sausage

Lollies from Dad = Ice Lolly
Lollies from Mum = bag of sweets

Chips from Dad = "I'm NOT getting the deep fryer out"
Chips from Mum = Packet of crisps

And don't mention Soccer/Football around here

Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:32 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Wouldn't want you asking for the wrong things

I was confused for ages, when my wife kept asking my daughter if she wanted Cheerios for Dinner, then gave her these little red sausage things

Poor kid has to be careful who she asks, for what !

Cheerios from Dad = cereal, but we don't have any !!
Cheerios from Mum = Sausage

Lollies from Dad = Ice Lolly
Lollies from Mum = bag of sweets

Chips from Dad = "I'm NOT getting the deep fryer out"
Chips from Mum = Packet of crisps

And don't mention Soccer/Football around here
We get confused with the pants issue here. Ed calls trousers pants (is that an aussie thing) and I call underwear pants. My son remains confused...
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webgum
We get confused with the pants issue here. Ed calls trousers pants (is that an aussie thing) and I call underwear pants. My son remains confused...
When we went for our medicals and the dr said to my daughter "just take your top and pants off"!!!! My daughter (6 yrs) said "Mum I don't want to take my undies off!!!" :scared:

(yes - the doc meant trousers!)

Last edited by Pootle; Jul 25th 2005 at 4:50 am.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

An update - the nice lady from nestle has rung me today and unfortunately there are no plans to stock shreddies in the near future...
She is going to pass on my comments though so I will keep my fingers crossed.
However the cheerios are going down VERY well with the kids!!!

Ruth