Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Checking in online - warning

Checking in online - warning

Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Checking in online - warning

My family and I flew Emirites from Johanesburg via Dubai to Brisbane in March with 3 kids.The ground staff,flight crew and generally anyone involved were rude rude rude.The planes were antiques with entire sections of several rows with TV screens that were broken,the food was appauling ,one of our seats had a piece of wire poking through the list goes on.We have flown with many airlines over the years and by far the worst to date has gotta be Emirates by a long mile.I'd sooner have a hot poker stuck in my eye than be subjected to that nightmare again
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Look shirl,just say how you feel girl and stop holding back!!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Don't know where you were looking!

Many internet cafe's/shops and hotspots everywhere.
Certainly not in the area we were staying (Jumeirah Beach), not to mention the shopping malls. We actually asked a couple of locals to point us in the right direction of an internet cafe and were sent to a couple of places where you needed your own laptop.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We have just returned from a trip to the UK and a stopover at Dubai and was able to check in online on each flight with no problems, you can only do this from 24 hours before the flight right up to the last couple of hours.

We stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and we were able to print out the boarding passes at the business centre at the hotel. We got all the seats I had reserved when I made the initial booking.

We have not flown with Emirates before (used Qantas and Malaysia before) and they are definitely the better of the three in my opinion. The long leg to Dubai from Melbourne was not the most comfortable (A340) but then I don't think it ever is great in economy. The A380 was nice, with a but more seat width which helped.

Overall, the meals were pretty good, they always served my son first and he got a snack box too. The entertainment system was very good with touch screens and a good choice of films etc.

Sam
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Look shirl,just say how you feel girl and stop holding back!!

I think I just did.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:33 am
Just Joined

evil_witch is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Emirates out here last month, didn't have any problems checking in or getting the seats together and their inflight entertainment was the best system we've used with the touch screens and variety, although they could do with a few more things for little children. My 3yo watched that same cartoon 10times over (and enjoyed it every time!!) however the camera on the nose and underneath the plane provided a superb (and different) view of take off and landing

We had problems with the food for my youngest though, she's a year old, we booked her a seat (done the long flights with her on lap -never again!) and requested a childs meal for her. On the London-Dubai leg the meals came out and there was nothing for her, there wasn't even any suitable baby food. A tiny jar of sweet potato mush for a 4-6m old was offered but that would have been it. Obviously as we'd booked and paid for the seat and pre ordered a meal I only had small snack things with me which wasn't enough. We complained to them and luckily there was a child who had declined their meal so she got one. We only got her food on the Dubai to Sydney leg after protesting loudly and being awkward at check in as apparently babies aren't entitled to food. Fair enough but we bought a seat!

We also had our pushchair damaged. This pushchair has been around the world once, been to Florida, been to Sinagpore, been to Bali. So is well travelled and has never been so much as marked. It came off the Emirates flight ripped and with the catch ripped apart so it wouldn't stay closed. Apparently this was within the acceptable damage criteria so they wouldn't help.

Was equally unimpressed with the cabin crew, they would cancel the buzzers rather than answer them, if they did answer it took at least 10-15mins after buzzing.

We'd flown with Singapore a month earlier and the experience was far better; the staff were friendly and helpful and actually spoke to the children and asked their names which were then used each time which made my 3yos day! Wish we'd gone with them again. We have flown with many different airlines and Sinagapore definately are the best!